X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech vs Michigan at Yost Time for tBig Time

it seems odd wearing a misfits shirt sitting in the yost student section
    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
    7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Join us!

Comment

No scoring thread? I don't want to start it because I can't actually provide updates, can't listen to the game.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          No scoring thread? I don't want to start it because I can't actually provide updates, can't listen to the game.
          check out cover it live
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Tech played really well, and put a lot of pressure on Michigan's D. And who posted that Tech's PK was going to score goals- quite accurate there.

We looked a little tired a times, with passes that were not exactly close.

Alas, all of the sloppy play was made up by a great shot by Copp to end the game.

It was great to see some other posters- tD- you are sitting below streaker and I. And streaker- you were (tonight) just above mel. Maybe we need a time to meet. Although, I know wT won't leave the COY area.

Comment

One of the better college hockey games you'll see. I was in section 28 and a ton of tech fan were in the next section over. The michigan fans around me were pretty full of themselves for much of the first half the game, especially after Mich got a two goal lead, but in the third as Tech was in their end for long periods, they were particularly nervous. Tough to lose a game like that. Tech was dominating ot until red called a time out and mich was a different team after the time out than before.
              See you tomorrow night.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                Its thursday so I guess we can talk hockey now. Copley started both games last weekend, I was pretty surprised but he did well. Hopefully the Huskies can keep their frustrations under control this weekend. I'm not liking the number of penalties they've been taking regardless of how bad the refs were in South Bend. I'm also not sure I really like the way the player leadership has been doing. Blake Pietila needs to get healthy and start leading by example, not get chippy and frustrated. The Huskies power play has struggled a lot this year without last year's QB, Steven Siego. Hopefully they can get that going in the right direction this weekend since Michigan is actually worse on the PK than MTU. I'd also be wary of wanting to be on the PP, as long as it isn't a 5 minute major or a 5 on 3, MTU is pretty dangerous shorthanded, I wouldn't be surprised if they ends up with 10+ shorties this year.
                Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                Tech played really well, and put a lot of pressure on Michigan's D. And who posted that Tech's PK was going to score goals- quite accurate there.

Alas, all of the sloppy play was made up by a great shot by Copp to end the game.

It was great to see some other posters- tD- you are sitting below streaker and I. And streaker- you were (tonight) just above mel. Maybe we need a time to meet. Although, I know wT won't leave the COY area.
                That would be me, great game to watch, loved seeing Eick finish a chance short handed. Hopefully losing like that doesn't get the team too down, they need to rebound and do well tomorrow night to earn a split.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Eick is shaping up to be the new Conner, except on a better team.

Tomorrow will tell how much Tech has learned to rebound. OT losses can be brutal.

Comment

Fun game tonight real impressed with Leibinger, Vallis, and Heinonen. Tyler had the game in his stick late in the third and Blake Pietila missed a shot wide off a pass into the slot.

Um transition was very good, but just a great college game.
                    Lots of Tech fans all over the building.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
                      I'm pretty sure that Blizzard doesn't travel to away games. But hey, at least we HAVE a mascot...like most institutions of higher learning. Oh wait, "The Athletic Department has steadfastly maintained that such a symbol is unnecessary and undignified and would not properly reflect the spirit and values of Michigan athletics." They're right, a student dressed as a giant $100 bill would more accurately reflect the spirit and values of Michigan athletics...
                      Okay, well it's a good thing Tech doesn't have skating cheerleaders.... so what is the ratio men to women up there these days?

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post

I'll be there tomorrow again. Kudos to Tech, great game plan by Mel- well executed. Beat Michigan to every loose puck, was physical... just missed the net too much. Tough one to lose, but I predicted 3-2, 2-1 type games. We also were only rotating five men on the blueline after Lohan went down, too. We would have lost if Serville would have been given 5 on that boarding call.

Yost has been turned into the staid environment at Michigan Stadium, thanks to the dropoff in students. Pretty sad having the visitors louder than our fans.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                          I'll be there tomorrow again. Kudos to Tech, great game plan by Mel- well executed. Beat Michigan to every loose puck, was physical... just missed the net too much. Tough one to lose, but I predicted 3-2, 2-1 type games. We also were only rotating five men on the blueline after Lohan went down, too. We would have lost if Serville would have been given 5 on that boarding call.

Yost has been turned into the staid environment at Michigan Stadium, thanks to the dropoff in students. Pretty sad having the visitors louder than our fans.
                          Yep, but there were a lot of them there. Yes, I had to sit by them. Techies are cool...

Yes we need more students to come to games. I'm hoping that a lot just aren't coming to games yet...
                          Originally posted by alfablue
                          Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
                            I'm pretty sure that Blizzard doesn't travel to away games. But hey, at least we HAVE a mascot...like most institutions of higher learning. Oh wait, "The Athletic Department has steadfastly maintained that such a symbol is unnecessary and undignified and would not properly reflect the spirit and values of Michigan athletics." They're right, a student dressed as a giant $100 bill would more accurately reflect the spirit and values of Michigan athletics...
                            We have synchronized skaters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Originally posted by alfablue
                            Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                            Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Also thought Pietila, Petan, Kero, and Eick played solid.
                              Tech needs to finish their chances tonight.
                              Michigan disrespecting WCHA as they indicate they thought it would be easy tonight compared to BU and UML.
                              expect to see Furne and J. Johnstone in tonight. this should give Tech a boost tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                                Yep, but there were a lot of them there. Yes, I had to sit by them. Techies are cool...
                                hopefully even more tonight with the preoccupation with that other game Go State.....

Comment

Working...
                                X