Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Paul Stewart ever be held accountable for ECAC officiating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Will Paul Stewart ever be held accountable for ECAC officiating?

Originally posted by Jon View Post
    Let us be the first people to apologize to you. Profusely.
    Don't feed.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
      Don't you know RPI and SLU would be 10-time national co-champions if it weren't for ECAC refs?
      Cornell OTOH would have had even more championships because their fans claim that all games that they lose didn't actually exist.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
        Let us be the first people to apologize to you. Profusely.
        You don't know the reason for the seven year reference, do you...

For any RPI fans who don't, the next time you go to HFH, notice the kick mark on the side of the RPI bench near the penalty boxes. If you remember what caused it, that's why.

Comment

POPCORN! PEANUTS! COLD BEER, HERE!!!

2 for 1's!!
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            Are you talking about UNH's second goal and RPI's called back goal? Watch the game on RPI-TV's archive; those were both the correct call.
            I would hardly call WaP objective. On that Haggs goal, Laliberté's foot was very clearly in the crease.

Rule 73.1: - A player of the attacking team may stand on the goal crease line or in the goal crease, or skate through the goal crease, unless, in the opinion of the official, the player is physically or visually preventing the goalkeeper from defending the goal.
            PENALTY—If a goal is scored, it shall be disallowed. Faceoff at the nearest neutral zone faceoff spot.

Given where Laliberté was, he was there on his own will (if the player is pushed into the crease, the goal stands), and where the pucked crossed the line relative to his position, it was the correct call.

The Dolan interference call, assuming you were talking about the one in the 3rd, was obvious and incredibly dumb. I even mentioned it on the score thread.

I may be an RPI fan, but one thing I am is honest. I may overreact at times, but I will never disagree with a good call for the sole purpose of attempting to preserve or promote brand loyalty.
            Here's the play:

http://rpitv.org/productions/614-men...-new-hampshire

2nd period, 17:15: Puck clearly between both posts and under the crossbar; the apron that touches the ice behind the goal was not strong enough to prevent the puck from staying in the net. Well before the net came off.
            2nd period, 26:10: Laliberté was in the crease and directly in front of the goalkeeper, thereby visually preventing the goalkeeper from defending the goal.
            3rd period, 19:25: Clear and dumb penalty. Interference? No. Holding? Yes.

To quote Seth Appert, "I don't think there'll be any questions after that."

Comment

You don't know the reason for the seven year reference, do you...

For any RPI fans who don't, the next time you go to HFH, notice the kick mark on the side of the RPI bench near the penalty boxes. If you remember what caused it, that's why.
              The heck you talking about dude? Are you making reference to the time you threw a towel onto the ice again?
              Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                The heck you talking about dude? Are you making reference to the time you threw a towel onto the ice again?
                I have never thrown a towel onto the ice. I am talking about senior night 2005-06 when Hansen missed calling an RPI goal, Fridgen almost went out on the ice after him, and subsequently made a dent in the penalty box wall with his foot. RPI ended up losing the game by 1.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                  See the job done by Refs O'Brien and Roy at HFH tonight.
                  geez.. it's not like anyone died!
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

The conspiracy theorist might speculate that, not only is Paul Stewart indeed being held accountable, he might also actually be rewarded for the way he is having officials call ECAC games. Some people present him as the type of Scorpio that delights in tormenting his critics by doing more of what they criticize him for doing.

I have no idea whether reverse psychology would work....."Mr. Stewart does a wonderful job supervising referees. The inconsistency in their calls keeps everyone alert and on their toes at all times. You never know what to expect next!"
                    Last edited by FreshFish; 10-29-2013, 07:58 AM.
                    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

To add my possibly worthless two cents, I don't even care if they over or under-call penalties in this league -- what I want is CONSISTENCY one way or the other, not biased toward either side of the equation, particularly in OOC games. I get that blown calls happen here and there, but the past few seasons have been more than just "here and there".

Credit to all but the UNH game though, it's mostly been an improvement so far overall.
                      Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        geez.. it's not like anyone died!
                        New benchmark: Unless someone dies, no criticism.
                        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                        X