Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Paul Stewart ever be held accountable for ECAC officiating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Will Paul Stewart ever be held accountable for ECAC officiating?

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    Two objective hockey outlets (without a peer, Jason Klump) said that Haggs goal was legit. The Dolan interference call was awful, the UNH guy had the puck when he stood him up at the blue line, not interference. Please get on board with RPI fandom.
    I would hardly call WaP objective. On that Haggs goal, Laliberté's foot was very clearly in the crease.

Rule 73.1: - A player of the attacking team may stand on the goal crease line or in the goal crease, or skate through the goal crease, unless, in the opinion of the official, the player is physically or visually preventing the goalkeeper from defending the goal.
    PENALTY—If a goal is scored, it shall be disallowed. Faceoff at the nearest neutral zone faceoff spot.

Given where Laliberté was, he was there on his own will (if the player is pushed into the crease, the goal stands), and where the pucked crossed the line relative to his position, it was the correct call.

The Dolan interference call, assuming you were talking about the one in the 3rd, was obvious and incredibly dumb. I even mentioned it on the score thread.

I may be an RPI fan, but one thing I am is honest. I may overreact at times, but I will never disagree with a good call for the sole purpose of attempting to preserve or promote brand loyalty.

Comment

Two objective hockey outlets (without a peer, Jason Klump) said that Haggs goal was legit. The Dolan interference call was awful, the UNH guy had the puck when he stood him up at the blue line, not interference. Please get on board with RPI fandom.
      I don't think you know what objective means.

Comment

Sorry my friend but I have to disagree on the Dolan call. The initial contact was good, no question, but then it looked like Bo lost sight of the puck and engaged the UNH player a second longer to give himself the time to locate the puck. As soon as I saw it I thought to myself, Penalty.
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
          Leave it to an RPI fan to make a thread to complain about reffing in a game they won. Shocking, I know.
          Gee, perhaps there's something to it, then?
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
            Gee, perhaps there's something to it, then?
            With some refs, yes. O'Brien and Roy are some of the better refs our league has. Unfortunately, because of the work of certain ECAC hires, many have been trained to assume that they are all doing a bad job.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              I would hardly call WaP objective.
              Tom R , Ed D and Gary at WaP call em as they see them. There every bit as objective as Schott (Union) and Wodon at CHN who is in the bag for Cornell
              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                Sorry my friend but I have to disagree on the Dolan call. The initial contact was good, no question, but then it looked like Bo lost sight of the puck and engaged the UNH player a second longer to give himself the time to locate the puck. As soon as I saw it I thought to myself, Penalty.
                That is the crux of the problem there were plenty of no calls all night both ways then all of a sudden that call is made I personally think it was a cheap ticky tacky call especially at that point of the game. My issue w/ECAC officials is and always has been poor judgement. It seem there is no overiding philosophy as to how a game is going to be called it is different ref to ref-game to game-team to team consistancy comes from the top and the fish stinks from the head down !. As for aspyDad he had a rough week he changed hair gel this week. He is now using the same gel OGC uses and is struggling a bit with it he has had several bad hair days this week and is on a short fuse. My understandind is he is going to meet w/OGC monday to get it all straightened out...Lets Hope !
                What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                  That is the crux of the problem there were plenty of no calls all night both ways then all of a sudden that call is made I personally think it was a cheap ticky tacky call especially at that point of the game. My issue w/ECAC officials is and always has been poor judgement. It seem there is no overiding philosophy as to how a game is going to be called it is different ref to ref-game to game-team to team consistancy comes from the top and the fish stinks from the head down !. As for aspyDad he had a rough week he changed hair gel this week. He is now using the same gel OGC uses and is struggling a bit with it he has had several bad hair days this week and is on a short fuse. My understandind is he is going to meet w/OGC monday to get it all straightened out...Lets Hope !
                  He is going to meet with OGC to get his hair straightened out?
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    He is going to meet with OGC to get his hair straightened out?
                    That was my brother's attempt at humor.
                    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                      I love the Turk-Man but that was a crap call. Do you think HE officials would have made that at HE home venue? No Way. Standing a guy up at the blue line when he has puck is not interference. Roy and O'Brien interjected themselves in the game which is the norm for ECAC refs. BTW- the tall linesman last night was excellent.

Comment

I thought Roy was a Hockey East official?
                        Either way, aspydad needs to get a **** grip.

Comment

I love the Turk-Man but that was a crap call. Do you think HE officials would have made that at HE home venue? No Way. Standing a guy up at the blue line when he has puck is not interference. Roy and O'Brien interjected themselves in the game which is the norm for ECAC refs. BTW- the tall linesman last night was excellent.
                          Was that the Shattie one?

Comment

Originally posted by ilovehockeyfights View Post
                            I thought Roy was a Hockey East official?
                            Either way, aspydad needs to get a **** grip.
                            Referees can officiate in more than one league, and commonly do. I remember Benedetto did either the BC or BU game, and he's done plenty of ECAC before. Same with Hansen, whom I was surprised to see agreed to an RPI game; I guess 7 years was enough time.

Comment

Tom R , Ed D and Gary at WaP call em as they see them. There every bit as objective as Schott (Union) and Wodon at CHN who is in the bag for Cornell
                              Given some of your previous posts, I rest my case.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                I remember Benedetto did either the BC or BU game, and he's done plenty of ECAC before. Same with Hansen, whom I was surprised to see agreed to an RPI game; I guess 7 years was enough time.
                                Let us be the first people to apologize to you. Profusely.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                                -Blackadder
                                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                                -Casablanca
                                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X