• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Numbers
    replied
    Re: John t whelan ranking simulator

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    I have a RPI and PWR calculator available at wa2aea.com . Download the Java program, as well as the associated file with all of the games (I'll update this as the season goes on), and you'll be able to play with that.
    Thanks flag dude. I haven't yet downloaded, and probably won't until January. No need until then - Priceless starts his yearly reports of who has fallen in or out of the field in past years about that time, and until then the different pieces of the PWR are too volatile.

My question for you: If I download this Java and the associated file with the results, does the file automatically sync as you update, or do I need to re-download every weekend?

And, I am running XP Home and Chrome for a browser, and I can't find a way to download the data file. Look at it, yes. Download, no. Any help?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Numbers; 10-23-2013, 01:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Lower it from zero?
    The teams they beat REALLY suck!

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    They are 4-0 but none of their wins count towards RPI because each one would lower their rating. Same with 3-0 Providence, who is tied for fourth in the pairwise.
    Lower it from zero?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Is that the Northeastern with the #52 RPI? http://www.uscho.com/rankings/rpi/d-i-men/. Did all of their victories bring down their RPI? Strange!
    They are 4-0 but none of their wins count towards RPI because each one would lower their rating. Same with 3-0 Providence, who is tied for fourth in the pairwise.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    So if I'm doing this right, Michigan, Notre Dame, Lake State and Northeastern are your #1 seeds as of now
    Is that the Northeastern with the #52 RPI? http://www.uscho.com/rankings/rpi/d-i-men/. Did all of their victories bring down their RPI? Strange!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    I have a RPI and PWR calculator available at wa2aea.com . Download the Java program, as well as the associated file with all of the games (I'll update this as the season goes on), and you'll be able to play with that.
    So if I'm doing this right, Michigan, Notre Dame, Lake State and Northeastern are your #1 seeds as of now

Leave a comment:

• LynahFan
    replied

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Quantum Mechanic?
    Last I knew for sure, he was working on Gravitational Waves, which are anathema to quantum mechanics - they're predicted by General Relativity instead...

Or were you just trying to make a joke?

Leave a comment:

• HarleyMC
    replied

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Quantum Mechanic?
    No, quark queer.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied
    Originally posted by Patman View Post
    E-mail Whelan or Wodon at CHN.

Otherwise I got nothing. JTW is an active research scientist in physics so he may get to it when he gets to it.
    Quantum Mechanic?

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied

Originally posted by Numbers View Post
    Quick question for all my friends who enjoy the PWR conversations - Priceless and the gang.

I checked the site we were referred to last year, where elynah was hosting Whelan's very helpful set of pages for the PWR in which one can enter his own results of games not yet played. Unfortunately, it appears to be updated to the new year yet.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks...
    E-mail Whelan or Wodon at CHN.

Otherwise I got nothing. JTW is an active research scientist in physics so he may get to it when he gets to it.

Leave a comment:

• Numbers
    started a topic John t whelan ranking simulator

John t whelan ranking simulator

Quick question for all my friends who enjoy the PWR conversations - Priceless and the gang.

I checked the site we were referred to last year, where elynah was hosting Whelan's very helpful set of pages for the PWR in which one can enter his own results of games not yet played. Unfortunately, it appears to be updated to the new year yet.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks...
Working...
X