Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Notre Dame at Miami -- Insert Charlie Wiess hot seat quip here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Notre Dame at Miami -- Insert Charlie Wiess hot seat quip here.

Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
    FYP.
    second
    Irish Hockey is my first and only religious belief
    and my faith never dies

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
      just don't steal brian kelly from cincinnati
      Don't shoot the messenger, but I think you're out of luck there. While I never seem to know who Jeff Jackson is starting between the pipes, my sources seem to be on the mark for football, and Brian Kelly is -- as far as I know -- going to be Notre Dame's next coach.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
        Don't shoot the messenger, but I think you're out of luck there. While I never seem to know who Jeff Jackson is starting between the pipes, my sources seem to be on the mark for football, and Brian Kelly is -- as far as I know -- going to be Notre Dame's next coach.
        I loved his comment about his mailbox getting flooded with local real estate business cards requesting, "Let me be your next agent in South Bend!"
        "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Well according to what is being reported their are two others that are wanted over him. Also the AD came out and said he wants a defensive minded coach, and well that isn't Brian Kelly. He is better than chalie Weis in that department but he is still offensive minded. Also he said it himself unless South Bend builds a Skyline chilli he isn't leaving Cincy!!!
          Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Brian Kelly leaving Cincy would crush the Bearcat program. There are very few coaches that could have done what he has done in taking over for Dantonio. Plus, last I heard, the front-runner for the Irish was Bob Stoops out of Okie.
            Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
              Well according to what is being reported their are two others that are wanted over him. Also the AD came out and said he wants a defensive minded coach, and well that isn't Brian Kelly. He is better than chalie Weis in that department but he is still offensive minded. Also he said it himself unless South Bend builds a Skyline chilli he isn't leaving Cincy!!!
              With the amount of money he would undoubtedly be earning, he could build his own Skyline. Good to know he has his priorities straight, though.
              Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Well according to what is being reported their are two others that are wanted over him.

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
                Plus, last I heard, the front-runner for the Irish was Bob Stoops out of Okie.
                Whatever is being reported contains a lot of misdirection coming from Notre Dame, as well as the coach (or coaches) they are in contact with. All things being equal, Notre Dame would want Meyer, or Stoops, in that order. Those guys ain't coming to South Bend, so all things aren't equal. I may be wrong about Kelly (or someone else may be wrong), but I think the noise I am hearing has the feel of accuracy to me.

But to be truthful, I'm more worried about how well Notre Dame can ignite the 5 or 6 guys on the hockey team we are counting on to score who have yet to show many signs of life, than in whoever ends up walking the sidelines in Notre Dame Stadium.
                Last edited by IrishHockeyFan; 12-02-2009, 12:49 PM.

Comment

But to be truthful, I'm more worried about how well Notre Dame can ignite the 5 or 6 guys on the hockey team we are counting on to score who have yet to show many signs of life, than in whoever ends up walking the sidelines in Notre Dame Stadium.
                  Wait...isn't this a football forum?
                  Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Interview on SportsCenter and College Football Live has Kelly saying he's staying, so who knows.

Comment

Interview on SportsCenter and College Football Live has Kelly saying he's staying, so who knows.
                      Yea and rich rod said he was staying at WV too lol

Well to be fair he said it would have to be a skyline AND greaters ice cream lol.

Who knows, ND would be lucky to have him like UC has been. But he would be king at cincy and won't have people breathing down his neck after a mediocre season. You won't hear anything for sure until atleast after this weekends games. Both Meyer and Kelly have big games on the slate and who knows both could be playing each other in the National title game, then ND would just have to wait another month because neither of these guys will do anything until after that.

side note...isn't ND playing Miami in hockey this weekend? or was it soccer? Im confused...
                      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Alright, back to hockey related talk...

McKenzie takes down the Irish this weekend.

*****http://www.climate.org/topics/images/scottish-flag.jpg******

Comment

Alright, back to hockey related talk...

McKenzie takes down the Irish this weekend.

*****http://www.climate.org/topics/images/scottish-flag.jpg******

classic....

Comment

Also the AD came out and said he wants a defensive minded coach,
                            No, he didn't. The South Bend Tribune beat writer Eric Hansen said something about the next coach having a defensive background, but all Swarbrick said is that having a good defense is a common element of good teams and he wants his next coach to be able to produce a good defense.

and well that isn't Brian Kelly. He is better than chalie Weis in that department but he is still offensive minded.
                            Funny you should say that, considering he played on defense in college and was a DC before being a head coach.
                            Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                            Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Originally posted by Craig P. View Post
                              No, he didn't. The South Bend Tribune beat writer Eric Hansen said something about the next coach having a defensive background, but all Swarbrick said is that having a good defense is a common element of good teams and he wants his next coach to be able to produce a good defense.

Funny you should say that, considering he played on defense in college and was a DC before being a head coach.
                              Well I would direct you to sportsnation chat board because ESPN's CF beat writer just expressed the same thing in regards to a defensive coach....but I digress. I am aware of Kelly's background on the defensive side but as a head coach he has been more offensive minded, hence why his team's score a crap load of points and give up a crap load of points....
                              Last edited by redhawkman10; 12-03-2009, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Ok can we talk hockey now? I really don't care about notre dame football, and neither does most of the country.....

Who will start in net each night for the Irish?

Miami will go with their normal rotation with Cody Reichard Friday night and Connor Knapp Saturday night.

Comment

Working...
                                X