This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2013-2014: Ready to Quinn

Agree with a lot of the comments here. BU has no confidence and they're getting killed with listless and unfocused play because of it. I don't mind if players with little talent aren't making a difference, but O'Regan, Hohmann, Gretzky, etc look lost out there.

Quinn needs to pull these guys aside and tell them to just go out there, have fun, and that he's going to use the rest of the year to try different line combos and pairings to see what works for next year. Maybe somebody surprises you, but perhaps the random punishments handed out over the last several years is causing players to not want to make a mistake for fear of getting benched. With a young team, they should be making mistakes and learning from them. This is a far different team than I saw at the beginning of the year in terms of effort.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
      Attendance was 3310
      There were certainly a lot less than 3310 present.

Average attendance this season (to date) is a paltry 4023. Only one sellout (BC) and only 1 other game w/ over 5K (Wisconsin).

Here's the average attendance since the 1st full season at Agganis (2005-06). This includes exhibition and HE Quarterfinals games.

2013-14: 4023
      2012-13: 4468
      2011-12: 4913
      2010-11: 4996
      2009-10: 5400
      2008-09: 4969
      2007-08: 5138
      2006-07: 5466
      2005-06: 5410

Over the last 2 seasons average attendance has dropped by almost 900 and almost 1400 over the last 4 seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        Agree with a lot of the comments here. BU has no confidence and they're getting killed with listless and unfocused play because of it. I don't mind if players with little talent aren't making a difference, but O'Regan, Hohmann, Gretzky, etc look lost out there.

Quinn needs to pull these guys aside and tell them to just go out there, have fun, and that he's going to use the rest of the year to try different line combos and pairings to see what works for next year. Maybe somebody surprises you, but perhaps the random punishments handed out over the last several years is causing players to not want to make a mistake for fear of getting benched. With a young team, they should be making mistakes and learning from them. This is a far different team than I saw at the beginning of the year in terms of effort.
        I agree 1000%. They're paralyzed out there and don't even look like they want to be playing. Just telling them to "go have fun" is probably a good idea at this point. They seem to be getting worse by the week.

And again...what the heck is up with all the SHGs against?
        Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Maybe Quinn could find someone that skipped an optional practice to study in the library and just clean his locker out without telling him... send a message. If its fun they want they should just make a rap video or something to post on the interweb.
          Originally posted by Hokydad
          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

hey has episode #2 come out of that show "highlighting" the season? or has it already been cancelled?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post

I think when you're so worried about making a mistake, you defer to how the play was drawn up, regardless of whether the situation on the ice makes that impossible. On the PP last night Hohmann was supposed to pass back to the middle from the point, and defender be d@mned who was sitting in between him and his intended target. That Dartmouth guy stole the puck and waltzed in for a score because of a pass that never should have been made. Being paralyzed mentally = not freelancing when needed = making predictable plays that good defenders can exploit = turnovers.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                I looked at this today knowing you guys have brought it up, holy chit

UMass outshot BU 40-24 in a BU win
                Wisconsin outshot BU 43-26 in a BU win
                NoDak outshot BU 58(!!!!)-31 in a tie
                Cornell outshot BU 39-11 (!!) in a BU win

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                  What this team needs is a rainout!
                  Great minds! I made that same joke last night. Perhaps that was Chickod's motivation behind his "abolish the program" leap. (Okay, I'm mixing my baseball movies now.) Tell the players the university wants them to lose so they can cut hockey. Instant attitude reversal. Genius! #BaseballMoviesFor$500Alex

BU Hockey: When's the bottom?
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                    I looked at this today knowing you guys have brought it up, holy chit

UMass outshot BU 40-24 in a BU win
                    Wisconsin outshot BU 43-26 in a BU win
                    NoDak outshot BU 58(!!!!)-31 in a tie
                    Cornell outshot BU 39-11 (!!) in a BU win
                    While SOH totals are fascinating, Jacques brought up the high # of SHGs (Lots of Shortie's)

How many different ways are there to illustrate their level of suck?
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by retsap71 View Post
                      Hey BU fans, how does it feel to be NU for a year?
                      The **** don't stink that bad just yet dude
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

On the bright side, beer is still $8.03

Comment

Working...
                        X