X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BU 2013-2014: Ready to Quinn

Originally posted by mpereira View Post
    Meanwhile Jerry is losing control of his team all together. Matheson taking a charging major down 6-1 with under 10 to go isn't a great look. I wonder if he'll sit him down for a game or discipline him in any fashion... Can't relate to the players anymore obviously
    Pirate Jerry (sans eyepatch) has a few problems to figure out over the next few months. Matheson is deep down on the list (might need to make that list in braille to help him out). Trying to relate to the modern idea of actually putting defensemen on defense is at the top of the list. But hey it's October and he likes to do that sometimes, but usually at the end of the year (with zero success) rather than the beginning.

In the meantime, I'm going to donate some helmet stickers to the BC program. Matheson gets one for every game he actually finishes without getting booted.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I made this. Don't know where to post it so I'm just going to put it here.
      Official NCAA college hockey twitter accounts feed: https://twitter.com/BartRhett/lists/...-ncaa-accounts
      Boston University 2014
      It's all part of the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        Pirate Jerry (sans eyepatch) has a few problems to figure out over the next few months. Matheson is deep down on the list (might need to make that list in braille to help him out). Trying to relate to the modern idea of actually putting defensemen on defense is at the top of the list. But hey it's October and he likes to do that sometimes, but usually at the end of the year (with zero success) rather than the beginning.

In the meantime, I'm going to donate some helmet stickers to the BC program. Matheson gets one for every game he actually finishes without getting booted.

Who would have thunk Cavanaugh was the brains behind the whole operation??? I expect UConn to start rattling off national championships in short order.
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Figured I'd bump this thread since it was about to hit the 3rd page. BU has a home and home league series against the 3rd ranked team in the country and a team expected to finish near BU in the Hockey East standings at the end of the season, but I guess when no one's getting arrested and BC's hovering around .500 there's really nothing to talk about.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
            Figured I'd bump this thread since it was about to hit the 3rd page. BU has a home and home league series against the 3rd ranked team in the country and a team expected to finish near BU in the Hockey East standings at the end of the season, but I guess when no one's getting arrested and BC's hovering around .500 there's really nothing to talk about.
            yeah - wondering where everyone is.....but I guess the Sox have drawn some attention away.

Hoping for a split, which would be much easier to do if they can win tonight. I guess the one positive takeaway so far is that we have good goalies. Now we need to get some past Gilles.
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
              yeah - wondering where everyone is.....but I guess the Sox have drawn some attention away.

Hoping for a split, which would be much easier to do if they can win tonight. I guess the one positive takeaway so far is that we have good goalies. Now we need to get some past Gilles.
              Asking for a sweep isn't too much to ask for right?
              GO BU

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
                Originally posted by defkit View Post

In the past few years at least 50% of the conversations were about why Jack should / should not go and who the next coach should be. With that off the table there isn't as much to talk about.

Comment

That was an unexpected win

Comment

Originally posted by mpereira View Post
                    Asking for a sweep isn't too much to ask for right?
                    not at the moment no
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: BU 2013-2014: Ready to Quinn

If Parker is still coach they lose that game 4-1. Wow, what an effort. What a game plan in period #2. And that power play. Where have you been all my life?

This team has spunk.

BU Hockey: Death to Dump and Suck. Long Live Dump and Suck.
                      It Happened!!!!

Comment

A tale of two games.

Great to see them tighten up defensively and start moving their feet in the 2nd and get rewarded for it... And if I'm not mistaken, no penalties in the 2nd or 3rd?

Hopefully a good confidence booster for this young team that carries forward.

Comment

Speaking of confidence, Somerby was full of it during that 3rd period PP. Real nice to see. Overall, what a great win, great coaching job. Hopefully we don't see that team that was out there in the 1st anymore.
                          Go BU!

Comment

The bad: The first period was an absolute trainwreck. Forwards have yet to have any chemistry out there.

The good: I love the fight of this team. They don't seem to give up and put a great effort in. A nice departure from recent seasons.

Still a middle of the road team overall IMO. There is some positive upside however.

Comment

Attendance 4,185.

And a Long Trail purchased by itself is $8.03.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                                And a Long Trail purchased by itself is $8.03.
                                Such an easy fix, unbelieveable it has been this way for at least 2 seasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X