Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNO '13-'14 Season Thread: Barnstorming Through a New League and Raising a New Barn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNO '13-'14 Season Thread: Barnstorming Through a New League and Raising a New Ba

Prochno and Brady going down... not good for the ol' fantasy team. Luckily Archibald's pulling his weight and then some
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Re: UNO '13-'14 Season Thread: Barnstorming Through a New League and Raising a New Ba

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
      Prochno and Brady going down... not good for the ol' fantasy team. Luckily Archibald's pulling his weight and then some
      and then some and then some and then some. Hopefully he doesn't get a big head and turn pro after this season.
      UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

Originally posted by MAVFANJEFF View Post
        and then some and then some and then some. Hopefully he doesn't get a big head and turn pro after this season.
        Arch is gone as long as Pittsburgh has room for him. The one thing you have going for you is over the years Pittsburgh seems to have left guys around in college for quite a while. Hanowski stayed all 4 years, and Pittsburgh had his rights at the start of his senior season.
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Mavs clinch home ice Saturday with:

Shoot-out win and losses by both UMD and Western Michigan.

Win and no better than a shoot-out win by both UMD and Western Michigan, if this happens plus Western gets shoot-out win Mavs clinch 3rd.

If North Dakota defeats SCSU tomorrow and the Mavs win, and SCSU and Mavs finish tied in points by both doing the same thing the final weekend tiebreakers are, if ND finishes with most points:

Western finishes 4th outright, SCSU is #2 seed.
          Denver finishes 4th outright, Mavs are #2 seed.
          UMD finishes 4th outright, SCSU is #2 seed.

Should Western and Denver finish tied for 4th with same number of league wins and their tie is broken first:
          Denver would be the #4 seed unless Western sweeps UND. UNO would be #2.

Should UMD and Denver finish tied for 4th with same number of league wins and their tie is broken first:
          Denver would be the # 4 seed. UNO would be #2.

Should UMD and Western finish tied for 4th SCSU is automatically the #2 seed.

Should UMD, Western and Denver all finish tied 4th with same number of league wins and their tie is broken first:

First tie vs. each other
          Denver 4-0-1 currently with 1 game remaining vs. Western
          Duluth 4-1-1
          Western 1-6 currently with 1 game remaining vs. Denver

Western eliminated. Denver wins tie-break vs. Duluth and are #4 seed. UNO is #2 seed.
          Last edited by SilversSports; 02-28-2014, 11:30 PM.
          University of Wisconsin - River Falls Men's and Women's Hockey Broadcaster 2007-2012
          University of Nebraska at Omaha Intermission/Post Game Host and Statistician 2012-2014
          https://twitter.com/SilversSports

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
            Arch is gone as long as Pittsburgh has room for him. The one thing you have going for you is over the years Pittsburgh seems to have left guys around in college for quite a while. Hanowski stayed all 4 years, and Pittsburgh had his rights at the start of his senior season.
            he got 2 more goals last night and now holds the school record for most goals in a season.

Comment

Colorado College fans had a big pregame thing at Goodnights last night, where me and Mrs. Red Cows usually eat, pregame. They jammed the place.

I think they probably wish they had picked another night for this after that game, which was the only real laugher UNO has had all season.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                Colorado College fans had a big pregame thing at Goodnights last night, where me and Mrs. Red Cows usually eat, pregame. They jammed the place.

I think they probably wish they had picked another night for this after that game, which was the only real laugher UNO has had all season.
                Well tonight's game was about the boring game I've ever almost slept through. Both teams were sluggish. Good for Mike Young on senior night. Don't overlook CC in the playoffs.

Comment

UNO's tunnel walk wins an ADDY Award:

http://www.nebraskaaddywinners.org/p...nel-walk-video

For the uninitiated, this is the video that plays on the scoreboard just before UNO takes the ice. This version is low-res compared to what is seen in the arena. Sounds great in the arena with the volume pumped up.

Comment

In today's new college hockey poll, I duly note that UNO got 6 votes this week in the poll (not that the polls matter, nor should UNO be ranked).

What I don't understand at all, though, is how Denver got 27 votes and is the next team out of the top 20. That's just flat-out nutty. They've been 2-5-1 in their last 8 games and are somebody UNO got 9 out 12 possible points against this season. Notwithstanding the fact they are the 6th place team in the NCHC. They are 26th in Pairwise and have a losing record in conference!

Screwy.

Comment

Pigs Fly.

UNO goalie Ryan Massa named NCHC Goalie of the Week:

http://www.nchchockey.com/news_artic...rrer_id=878553

In fairness to Massa, as the article says, he DID have a career weekend. And, he was FAR better Saturday night than on Friday night, even though he netted a shout-out on Friday. One of the few games in recent memory that a UNO goalie was really instrumental in a win.

Really. Can't believe I just wrote that.

.....and UNO defenseman Michael Young is the NCHC D-Man of the week, too.

Comment

Josh Archibald is the NCHC Player-of-the-Month:

http://www.nchchockey.com/news_artic...rrer_id=878553

He should also be the NCAA's Player-of-the-Month as well.

I have serious doubts there are any real challengers there, either. His month was so good that he worked his way into the Hobey discussion.

Comment

Defenseman Joel Messner commits to UNO:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...51992096591938

Comment

This will have some sphincters puckering in the Northland.

A WCCO (Minneapolis-CBS affiliate) look at UNO recruiting efforts in that state:

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/0...ockey-players/

UNO shoots, they score!

Actually, I did post this in the Gopher thread and asked for and received some very informative ideas and opinions about this situation and why it might be.

Comment

Don't think many Gopher fans would trade our recruits for yours...but Blais has created an amazing franchise in NE and is one of the best NCAA coaches ever.
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                                Don't think many Gopher fans would trade our recruits for yours...but Blais has created an amazing franchise in NE and is one of the best NCAA coaches ever.
                                That's why he has the pull.

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                                This will have some sphincters puckering in the Northland.

A WCCO (Minneapolis-CBS affiliate) look at UNO recruiting efforts in that state:

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/0...ockey-players/

UNO shoots, they score!

Actually, I did post this in the Gopher thread and asked for and received some very informative ideas and opinions about this situation and why it might be.
                                Nope! No puckering here. What bugs me is when Notre Dame grabs kids when their conference footprint isn't in this state. Although schools out east do the same it doesn't bother me. I guess its how it goes.
                                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                                X