Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013-14 North Dakota Season thread

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    Western beat the Sioux when they were playing for "nothing" and the Penrose was on the line. I don't think many North Dakota fans expect a cakewalk today, especially after last night.
    Here's an example from the Sioux Sports board from someone with the screen name SiouxScore. I've read a fair amount of these in the last 24 hours.

"Sioux have everything to play for and Western Michigan really has nothing to play for. I think a quick start and an early goal is important today for the Sioux. Need to take advantage of the chances and finish on them today. Here is hoping there's a reason for me to be cheering for Lowell and Wisconsin later tonight."
    Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
      Here's an example from the Sioux Sports board from someone with the screen name SiouxScore. I've read a fair amount of these in the last 24 hours.

"Sioux have everything to play for and Western Michigan really has nothing to play for. I think a quick start and an early goal is important today for the Sioux. Need to take advantage of the chances and finish on them today. Here is hoping there's a reason for me to be cheering for Lowell and Wisconsin later tonight."
      If NoDak doesn't take this game seriously, they'll be sitting home in Grand Forks watching the first round next weekend. Western swept Miami this season beating them four times. Western's seniors were extremely disappointed in losing a game they could have won yesterday and want to go out on a high note. The underclassman will want to win to build for next season. If the Broncos get solid goaltending they will be tough to beat.

I don't think New Hampshire will win but I wouldn't bet against Ohio State beating Wisconsin.

Comment

[QUOTE=

I don't think New Hampshire will win but I wouldn't bet against Ohio State beating Wisconsin.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Lowell should be able to pound the Wildcats. Sioux dominated the first. Playing their fast, aggressive style.
        Go Pioneers!

Comment

Good game today. Hope to see the Sioux go far in the tourney. I think both games go differently if Hafner was in net. Oh well see you next year!
          Whiney Ferris Knuckle-dragger:"You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility"

Comment

And exhale....

Comment

In Las Vegas, this is what is known as a "freeroll".

Nothing to lose. Heavy underdogs to Union or Wisconsin, and anyone we might be lucky to play after that. Put the white uni's away for the season and let's see what happens.

Also, congrats to the "old" WCHA for placing 6 teams in this year's tournament. Little did everyone know of our plan to split up into 3 conferences for the purpose of getting more teams into the tourney and trying to get back to the all-WCHA Frozen Four again.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Nothing to lose. Heavy underdogs to Union or Wisconsin, and anyone we might be lucky to play after that. Put the white uni's away for the season and let's see what happens.

Also, congrats to the "old" WCHA for placing 6 teams in this year's tournament. Little did everyone know of our plan to split up into 3 conferences for the purpose of getting more teams into the tourney and trying to get back to the all-WCHA Frozen Four again.
                Amen brotha... this years tourney has a lighter feel to it. Who knows what team of NoDak shows up but I wouldn't want to play them on the rare days they do show up...

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

The most important part of getting in the tournament is giving this team (more) NCAA tournament experience; they should be extremely good next year.
                  AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

The last paragraph is hilarious.

I really doubt any team in the NCAA tournament is going to look at the other bench and be glad to see that North Dakota is sitting on it, no matter what.

A game with Union would be historic, at least on one level.

The two schools have never played each other before.
                    Last edited by Red Cows; 03-23-2014, 12:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                      The last paragraph is hilarious.

I really doubt any team in the NCAA tournament is going to look at the other bench and be glad to see that North Dakota is sitting on it, no matter what.

A game with Union would historic, at least on one level.

The two schools have never played each other before.
                      One of the first things I did was count the amount of old WCHA teams in; half of last year's league!
                      AF 99

Comment

Tough first round draw, with Wisconsin. But when you back in, I guess you can't really complain. I hope this like that old movie plot line where someone spares another from the executioner's chair, only to have the spared come back to do an evil, foul deed to his benefactor.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Well, this should be interesting..
                          AF 99

Comment

Finally don't have to see the Goofers in the regional.
                            "My greatest achievement."
                            Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

• Originally posted by darker98 View Post
                              Finally don't have to see the Goofers in the regional.
                              I'd donate half of my salary to blow the doors off some guy in a gopher jersey, still get half a chub every time I hear Kevin Wehrs name!
                              I'm all about big clappers and clean livin'! Work and church!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Malone View Post
                                I'd donate half of my salary to blow the doors off some guy in a gopher jersey, still get half a chub every time I hear Kevin Wehrs name!
                                Only half?
                                "My greatest achievement."
                                Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Working...
                                X