Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013-14 North Dakota Season thread

Originally posted by Happy View Post
    It must be pretty easy to follow a team that isn't ranked, and won't make the NCAA's. very relaxing.
    Still a lot of hockey to be played!!

Comment

Nice win tonite for the sweep and extend the win streak to seven. CC really is snakebitten - defenseman coughed up the puck to Rocco right in front of the net and the goalie out of position for the winning goal. There is still a lot of improvement needed. Let's hope they can keep it going against BSU next weekend.
      Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

• Originally posted by siouxfaninseattle View Post
        let's hope they can keep it going against bsu next weekend.
        qft.
        Originally posted by SJHovey
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        Originally posted by Brenthoven
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Happy View Post
          It must be pretty easy to follow a team that isn't ranked, and won't make the NCAA's. very relaxing.
          Good thing the snow isn't melting.

Comment

Well that didn't work very well........

DU rescinds ticket policy
            "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
            Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
            The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
            Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
              Well that didn't work very well........

DU rescinds ticket policy
              I'm just relieved that the greatest injustice in the world has been righted. Whew.
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I viewed my "reputation" page and noticed that a person named "Bakunin" had, around Christmastime, somehow found a post I made in a UND vs. MTU thread nearly a year ago where I jokingly suggested that Michigan Tech players are more talented and better looking than their North Dakotan opponents of that week. Based on that bit of frivolity, "Bakunin" made a violent threat against my life. Should I be worried, or is it possible this person is frequently high on controlled substances? For the record, Mr. Bakunin, let me state that clearly the North Dakotan ice hockey players are without peer in intelligence, skill, and looks. My comment was made in sarcastic self-mockery as clearly, Michigan Tech doesn't deserve to be on the same planet as your guys. I'm truly and deeply sorry for the anguish I have caused.
                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                  I viewed my "reputation" page and noticed that a person named "Bakunin" had, around Christmastime, somehow found a post I made in a UND vs. MTU thread nearly a year ago where I jokingly suggested that Michigan Tech players are more talented and better looking than their North Dakotan opponents of that week. Based on that bit of frivolity, "Bakunin" made a violent threat against my life. Should I be worried, or is it possible this person is frequently high on controlled substances? For the record, Mr. Bakunin, let me state that clearly the North Dakotan ice hockey players are without peer in intelligence, skill, and looks. My comment was made in sarcastic self-mockery as clearly, Michigan Tech doesn't deserve to be on the same planet as your guys. I'm truly and deeply sorry for the anguish I have caused.
                  Idle threats, the only person you need to worry about is Rimbaud. He told me that he hoped I had or would have a daughter who would grow up to dance on a pole and be molested by large black men. I also don't believe Bakunin is a UND fan so maybe he just hates geriatrics?
                  "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                  Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Idle threats,
                    I'm sure you're right. The eerie thing was that this was in reference to such an old conversation, then when I looked up Bakunin it says his account is not active. Maybe I'm being haunted by his ghost or someone else was just using his name. Either that or he deleted his account in an attempt to cover his tracks before embarking on his violent cross country crime spree.
                    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                      I'm sure you're right. The eerie thing was that this was in reference to such an old conversation, then when I looked up Bakunin it says his account is not active. Maybe I'm being haunted by his ghost or someone else was just using his name. Either that or he deleted his account in an attempt to cover his tracks before embarking on his violent cross country crime spree.
                      Pfft just head over to the gopher thread and disagree with harleymc and he'll threaten you with physical violence right off the bat but again, idle threats. From what I hear he has a ponytail and rides bish on a Goldwing while happy drives.

Comment

fwiw - Bakunin hasn't actively posted on these boards in a few years now, he was a Gopher fan when he did post. I would say someone may have pulled the "Rimbaud stunt" using Bakunin now instead.
                        Originally posted by CavalryNate
                        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                        sigpic

Comment

Idle threats, the only person you need to worry about is Rimbaud. He told me that he hoped I had or would have a daughter who would grow up to dance on a pole and be molested by large black men.
                          You should feel honored to have received such a threat from Rimbaud.

How has the daughter thing gone?

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                            You should feel honored to have received such a threat from Rimbaud.

How has the daughter thing gone?
                            I got a vasectomy the day after I received the curse and then my wife adopted a girl from South America and named her Portia, Rimbaud will win again!

Comment

Any web cast out there for tonight's game?

Comment

Here's an analysis of where the team will stand in the Pairwise after spanking DU this weekend:

http://blog.siouxsports.com/2014/01/...-a-look-ahead/
                                Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Working...
                                X