Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2013-14 North Dakota Season thread

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    Good summary - I think the players decided it was a trip for fun, not business, and all they had to do to win was show up. I have to question how in the world they could possibly think that.
    I think this team is fine, they do lack focus at times and I think they weren't very excited about playing in an exhibition game.
    Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
    Eric's Twitter
    The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
      I think this team is fine, they do lack focus at times and I think they weren't very excited about playing in an exhibition game.
      I will think they are OK after two convincing wins this weekend.
      Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Tambellini left UND for major juniors, happy new year.
        "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
        Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
        The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
        Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
          Makes you wanna say "huh?" I really would like to know the reason for the move, especially the timing. Here's a link:

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...rth_dakota.php

Comment

There could be any number of reasons for it. Maybe it was playing time. Maybe he didn't like UND, or just school in general. Maybe he was encouraged to make the move by the Rangers, family or friends. All just pure speculation at this point. All you can do is wish him well and move on with the players who are there.

It's too bad. He was pretty skinny, and I think it would have taken a couple of years to grow into his frame, but I think he could have been a real good college player for UND and I for one hate to see him go.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              There could be any number of reasons for it. Maybe it was playing time. Maybe he didn't like UND, or just school in general. Maybe he was encouraged to make the move by the Rangers, family or friends. All just pure speculation at this point. All you can do is wish him well and move on with the players who are there.

It's too bad. He was pretty skinny, and I think it would have taken a couple of years to grow into his frame, but I think he could have been a real good college player for UND and I for one hate to see him go.
              Whoever says the 2 exhibition games in Canada weren't successful for recruiting can now eat their words.
              "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
              Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
              The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
              Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Agreed. I thought he was one of the top freshmen when I saw him play early in the year and was looking forward to his development over the next couple years.

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                Whoever says the 2 exhibition games in Canada weren't successful for recruiting can now eat their words.
                Ouch.

Comment

How could it be playing time when he played 16 games?
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

People are talking about top 2 line playing time Biddy...

Comment

• Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                      And earlier this week I thought college hockey made it through the first semester and Holiday break in 2013 without losing a player to major juniors.

His brother played at Michigan about 10'years ago, was a first line player his freshman year and I'm not sure he flirted with the WHL, just the NHL.

Comment

• Originally posted by alnike View Post
                        And earlier this week I thought college hockey made it through the first semester and Holiday break in 2013 without losing a player to major juniors.

His brother played at Michigan about 10'years ago, was a first line player his freshman year and I'm not sure he flirted with the WHL, just the NHL.
                        Peter Quenneville left Quinnipiac after 4 games played, he missed 4 or 5 more with injuries before bolting for the Brandon Wheat Kings of the WHL.
                        QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                        2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                        2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                        2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                        https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                        https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                        https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

• Re: 2013-14 North Dakota Season thread

Adam Tambeweenie is the worst person on Earth.
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

More info on Dirty's favorite ex-Sioux player. I'm surprised to see that he didn't tell the coaches he was leaving until Tuesday - no notice at all. It leaves the team with about 4 days to add another player but Hak says they won't do that. Good to see that all the injured players are reasonably healed and that Chyzyk is back with the team.
                            Oops, for got the link:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...roup/homepage/

Comment

Geoff Pakovich > Adam Tambeweenie
                              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                                Geoff Pakovich > Adam Tambeweenie

Comment

Working...
                                X