• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2013-14 North Dakota Season thread

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
    ss.com. It's going strong there.
    I knew it had to be somewhere
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Hello, anybody there? Here's a link to a Sioux commit. Nice to see another local kid.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...cle/id/280681/
      Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
        Hello, anybody there? Here's a link to a Sioux commit. Nice to see another local kid.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...cle/id/280681/
        Seems like people only post on this thread when things are going poorly. 5 game win streak going into the break is a welcome change for this hockey team. They have a few series they can get some good points from in CC and BSU coming up in January as well.

And yes, I really like the local talent coming to the Sioux. It seems like they come in with a better understanding of the hockey tradition and style because they grew up going to the games and being part of the community.

Comment

Originally posted by MplsSioux View Post
          Seems like people only post on this thread when things are going poorly. 5 game win streak going into the break is a welcome change for this hockey team. They have a few series they can get some good points from in CC and BSU coming up in January as well.

And yes, I really like the local talent coming to the Sioux. It seems like they come in with a better understanding of the hockey tradition and style because they grew up going to the games and being part of the community.
          I still don't think the D corps is playing very well, they don't make the extra move at the point on PP and even strength to get to a good shooting area. Also, the number of pucks that slip by them along the boards is very upsetting especially when the PP is set up and wearing down the opposing PK. Really happy with the wins but the small plays can make a 2-1 win 3-1 or better.
          "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
          Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
          The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
          Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
            I still don't think the D corps is playing very well, they don't make the extra move at the point on PP and even strength to get to a good shooting area. Also, the number of pucks that slip by them along the boards is very upsetting especially when the PP is set up and wearing down the opposing PK. Really happy with the wins but the small plays can make a 2-1 win 3-1 or better.
            Agreed, although in the last game it was good plays by Stetcher and Ladue that led directly to two goals. All the D seem to have gotten more aggresive in trying to keep the puck in the zone rather than being so quick to back up.

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
              They're still figuring things out for sure but if they keep finding ways to win while they're maturing and improving, I'll be just fine with that.

Comment

Agreed, although in the last game it was good plays by Stetcher and Ladue that led directly to two goals. All the D seem to have gotten more aggresive in trying to keep the puck in the zone rather than being so quick to back up.
                Yes, they're making plays and producing offense which this team needs without that trusted goal scorer(or 3) they generally have up front.

Comment

Pardon my French, but this game tonight is an absolute f^cking embarrassment. I don't care if they end up winning it or not, this is without a doubt the lowest point since I have started following UND and every single player should be ashamed that they were involved in this.
                  Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                    Pardon my French, but this game tonight is an absolute f^cking embarrassment. I don't care if they end up winning it or not, this is without a doubt the lowest point since I have started following UND and every single player should be ashamed that they were involved in this.
                    Fire Stetcher

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                      Well they won...are these Canadian teams you played bad?
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

This weekend’s games –

Friday was lousy. Not quite as bad as Dirty calls it. Lack of effort, no puck control, stand around and watch. Wasn’t quite as bad as the Friday game against St. Lawrence, but close. The team that won was the one that wanted to win. Give UBC credit, they played hard.

Saturday was better but plenty of room for improvement. The first three shots the Sioux took missed the net, and by a lot. In spite of that, the score could have been 10-3 (SOG was 53-17) if anybody in a green jersey would have been in position to get a stick on a rebound, and there were plenty of rebounds. It didn’t help that there were two goals waved off. The second one didn’t look like a high stick to me. It looked like penalties were going to lead to a loss – SFU made it look way too easy on their PP goals.
                        As usual, there was a good contingent of Sioux fans – probably 50% of the crowd.
                        Post-season play is not looking too likely.

Comment

This weekend’s games –

Friday was lousy. Not quite as bad as Dirty calls it. Lack of effort, no puck control, stand around and watch. Wasn’t quite as bad as the Friday game against St. Lawrence, but close. The team that won was the one that wanted to win. Give UBC credit, they played hard.

Saturday was better but plenty of room for improvement. The first three shots the Sioux took missed the net, and by a lot. In spite of that, the score could have been 10-3 (SOG was 53-17) if anybody in a green jersey would have been in position to get a stick on a rebound, and there were plenty of rebounds. It didn’t help that there were two goals waved off. The second one didn’t look like a high stick to me. It looked like penalties were going to lead to a loss – SFU made it look way too easy on their PP goals.
                          As usual, there was a good contingent of Sioux fans – probably 50% of the crowd.
                          Post-season play is not looking too likely.
                          I am going to say that there's a lack of focus on the team right now. Or at least from what I can see.
                          Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                          Eric's Twitter
                          The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                            Well they won...are these Canadian teams you played bad?
                            Simon Fraser is a club team, so winning a one goal game where it was tied with five minutes remaining is pretty darn terrible.

I think the Saturday game was worse even with the win. UND should've won on Friday but UBC was not a terrible team. The players talk about how disappointed they were with Friday's game and then proceed to play another subpar game.
                            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

The good news? Even this canadian club team seems to be better than CC... The bad news? This UND squad plays down to it's competition. If UND doesn't sweep Colorado the NCAA streak may be over in January. Unfortunately, I do not see this NoDak team sweeping anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                                I am going to say that there's a lack of focus on the team right now. Or at least from what I can see.
                                Good summary - I think the players decided it was a trip for fun, not business, and all they had to do to win was show up. I have to question how in the world they could possibly think that.

Comment

Working...
                                X