Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2013-14 North Dakota Season thread

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
    Looking at North Dakota's roster, I was somewhat surprised by the lack of "big name" players, especially at Forward. We all know about Grimaldi, but after him I don't see tons of talent. In years past there was usually at least 3 or 4 guys that you dreaded having to play against, which doesn't look to be the case this year....
    It is the case, but most UND fans saw some definite possibilities in this group because there is good talent and speed up and down the line up. A smaller team than we have become used to and not as strong, but good speed and skill level. But they haven't found a way to put their talents to good use, especially the transition game, which has usually been a UND strong point. This is a very beatable team right now and one that may find itself outside the bubble come nut cuttin' time.

Still they will be in the final mix at the FF if the refs don't screw them.
    Last edited by burd; 11-18-2013, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
      if the refs don't screw them.
      Almost five months out, and already warming it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
        It's going to be especially fun to blame the refs for costing UND Fabulous Four games that they aren't even playing because their season ended the week earlier.
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
          No need. Like they said about "Sweet Lou" Piniella--he could roll out of bed in January and hit line drives. We sweet Sioux fans have that God-given talent.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
            It is the case, but most UND fans saw some definite possibilities in this group because there is good talent and speed up and down the line up. A smaller team than we have become used to and not as strong, but good speed and skill level. But they haven't found a way to put their talents to good use, especially the transition game, which has usually been a UND strong point. This is a very beatable team right now and one that may find itself outside the bubble come nut cuttin' time.

Still they will be in the final mix at the FF if the refs don't screw them.
            I think this team reminds me of the 2009 team. I don't think it has the speed we've seen from some other UND teams. To have some success, I think this team is going to have to play like some of the classic Wisconsin teams of the past 20 years. Buckle down defensively, don't take unnecessary chances offensively, cash in on the power play, get some good goaltending.

Probably best case scenario is to sneak into the tournament and hope they get hot at the right time. What I really want to see is some development from Luke Johnson, Stecher, Ausmus, Tambellini and Caggiula. Those guys could be the backbone of a very good team in a year or two. I really like the way they play.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

If it makes you feel better, the last time UMD scored that many goals in a victory in Grand Forks was 1964.
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Condolences to friends and family of Chad Johnson. Sad day for the UND Hockey family.
                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                Originally posted by Timothy A
                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Been a while I'd imagine since UND hasn't had anyone in the top 50 in D-1 scoring? Also can't help but notice your leading goal scorer only has 4 goals. Where did all the firepower go?

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                    Been a while I'd imagine since UND hasn't had anyone in the top 50 in D-1 scoring? Also can't help but notice your leading goal scorer only has 4 goals. Where did all the firepower go?
                    It's in the CHL, AHL, and NHL.

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2013...n-matt-oconnor

Recap from game 2
                      https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                      Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                        Is there another North Dakota thread I'm missing or is there just very little activity on this? I was at both games this weekend at B.U. Thought there would be far more banter here.
                        Question: Why did Saunders start in goal Friday night? Seems that Gothberg is the stud.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                          Is there another North Dakota thread I'm missing or is there just very little activity on this? I was at both games this weekend at B.U. Thought there would be far more banter here.
                          Question: Why did Saunders start in goal Friday night? Seems that Gothberg is the stud.
                          Gothberg is only a stud in relative terms.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                            There is no other thread - just not many people posting. The goalies are taking turns falling flat on their faces.
                            Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                              There is no other thread - just not many people posting. The goalies are taking turns falling flat on their faces.
                              Where is the fire Hak thread?
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                Where is the fire Hak thread?
                                ss.com. It's going strong there.
                                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X