X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2013-14 North Dakota Season thread

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    Tough days those were...
    And are, apparently. They still eat them.

Comment

Is this the officiating you have to put up with all year? Man I though HE ref's were crappy.. I feel for you guys.

Comment

Good first game. Vermont had the better chances but UND outplayed them most of the game.

Comment

Sheesh, tonight the refs were handing out penalties like Oprah handing out cars.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
            Sheesh, tonight the refs were handing out penalties like Oprah handing out cars.
            These refs from the old CCHA? Reminded me of the games I watched in Omaha and they called everything and it destroyed the game.

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
              These refs from the old CCHA? Reminded me of the games I watched in Omaha and they called everything and it destroyed the game.
              I thought I heard the announcers (Hammer still sucks!) say that the longest stretch without a penalty (at least in the third period) was 3 1/2 minutes. It didn't seem that long. I thought for the first game of the year they played OK. Other than the penalties.
              Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Good first win
                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Unfortunately, the penalty calling always this way in the first part of the season. Boy, watching the blue liners last night really makes you appreciate how difficult it is to control the puck and make that first outlet pass under pressure. With young guys on the blueline and at forward, it can be suspenseful. Vermont was good on the forecheck.

Comment

Just a few other points from last night. Your announcers are pretty good. No hometown bias BS. They called a good game. Also the arena looks great. UVM plays in a quonset hut... one step above pond hockey.

Comment

Thoughts from the weekend. Zane will be in the net. Saunders didn't play horrible but Zane played good enough to seal the job. The freshman all-in-all looked pretty good. Johnson looked scary good. Tambellini looks like the real deal. The others will make life interesting all year. Rocco has a 5 point weekend - and hit 3 posts!!! Drake looked real good, and will be a big contributor. Nice to see O'Donnell play well. Somebody take Pattyn and smack him in the head! That was a real stupid penalty with a few seconds left in the third period and could have cost them the game. If they can't stay out of the box, next weekend could be brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                        Thoughts from the weekend. Zane will be in the net. Saunders didn't play horrible but Zane played good enough to seal the job. The freshman all-in-all looked pretty good. Johnson looked scary good. Tambellini looks like the real deal. The others will make life interesting all year. Rocco has a 5 point weekend - and hit 3 posts!!! Drake looked real good, and will be a big contributor. Nice to see O'Donnell play well. Somebody take Pattyn and smack him in the head! That was a real stupid penalty with a few seconds left in the third period and could have cost them the game. If they can't stay out of the box, next weekend could be brutal.
                        Yep, Miami is not going to be as nice as Vermont was with all those penalties...
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                          Yep, Miami is not going to be as nice as Vermont was with all those penalties...
                          debateable

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                            Agree with this. Got lucky that Vermont didn't burn us too bad with PPG's. Honestly, while I see great potential in this years squad, they are meeting up against Miami very early. I'll be hoping for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
                              debateable
                              I would be willing to bet that the Sioux don't play another series the rest of the year where the opposition goes worse than 1 of 17 on the PP.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                                I would be willing to bet that the Sioux don't play another series the rest of the year where the opposition goes worse than 1 of 17 on the PP.
                                I didn't read the box scores from the weekend. I thought you were saying that Vermont took a lot of penalties. By all means, please give us 17 power play's this weekend

Comment

Working...
                                X