2013-14 North Dakota Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
    A lot of teams swept UND in GF that year.
    Actually, Minnesota is the only other team that did it. (Point still stands though, that was probably the weakest Sioux team since Minnesota State joined Division I.)
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Re: 2013-14 North Dakota Season thread

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
      Was Mankato truly ever an easy out?
      Mankato always plays UND tough, even when Jutting was at the helm.
      "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
      Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
      The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
      Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Actually, Minnesota is the only other team that did it. (Point still stands though, that was probably the weakest Sioux team since Minnesota State joined Division I.)
        My memory must be hazy as I think I blocked most of that season.
        I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

So this peaked my interest in the all time series...

Totals since 1999-2000

Total: UND leads the series 29-11-7.

Regular Season Games in Grand Forks: UND leads 12-5-3 (1-4)

Regular Season Games in Mankato: UND leads 13-5-4

Playoff Games: UND leads 4-1 in two series played in Grand Forks

Fairly interesting numbers, and probably about what you'd expect. North Dakota has traditionally had better teams, of course, but Minnesota State also has been better against UND then Alaska and Tech.

I found it interesting Minnesota State has swept UND in Grand Forks. That's crazy.
          That's not nearly as close as I thought it was - my memory must be a little hazy too.

Nice article on the Pattyn brothers:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even.../group/Sports/
          Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Hopefully UND can take advantage of a Vermont team already weakened by injuries.
            A non-conference sweep to start the season would be huge.
            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
              Mankato always plays UND tough, even when Jutting was at the helm.
              I've always thought of Mankato as a team that could erupt for 4 goals at any time and spoil your evening. Don't even know why, exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                A lot of teams swept UND in GF that year.
                What year was this? /lazy
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                  What year was this? /lazy
                  I think brian is referring to that year when Minnesota won the first of its 7 NCs. When they used Mason fruit jar lids as pucks.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                    I think brian is referring to that year when Minnesota won the first of its 7 NCs. When they used Mason fruit jar lids as pucks.
                    Fruit? Who uses a Mason jar for anything other than booze??

Comment

Oh the good ole days!
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Game day.
                        "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                        Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                        The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                        Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Shows what you know, they used frozen cow pies for pucks, dummy!

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                            Shows what you know, they used frozen cow pies for pucks, dummy!
                            Well originally, yes. But when Gopher fans kept eating them they switched to mason jar lids.
                            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

2+5=7

Now that we are starting the dawn of the great tomorrow everybody starts at 0.
                              Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                              dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                              wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                                Well originally, yes. But when Gopher fans kept eating them they switched to mason jar lids.
                                Tough days those were...
                                tUMD Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X