X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MplsSioux
    replied
    Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
    I still don't think the D corps is playing very well, they don't make the extra move at the point on PP and even strength to get to a good shooting area. Also, the number of pucks that slip by them along the boards is very upsetting especially when the PP is set up and wearing down the opposing PK. Really happy with the wins but the small plays can make a 2-1 win 3-1 or better.
    They're still figuring things out for sure but if they keep finding ways to win while they're maturing and improving, I'll be just fine with that.

Leave a comment:

• Siouxfaninseattle
    replied
    Re: 2013-14 North Dakota Season thread

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
    I still don't think the D corps is playing very well, they don't make the extra move at the point on PP and even strength to get to a good shooting area. Also, the number of pucks that slip by them along the boards is very upsetting especially when the PP is set up and wearing down the opposing PK. Really happy with the wins but the small plays can make a 2-1 win 3-1 or better.
    Agreed, although in the last game it was good plays by Stetcher and Ladue that led directly to two goals. All the D seem to have gotten more aggresive in trying to keep the puck in the zone rather than being so quick to back up.

Leave a comment:

• cross cheque
    replied
    Originally posted by MplsSioux View Post
    Seems like people only post on this thread when things are going poorly. 5 game win streak going into the break is a welcome change for this hockey team. They have a few series they can get some good points from in CC and BSU coming up in January as well.

And yes, I really like the local talent coming to the Sioux. It seems like they come in with a better understanding of the hockey tradition and style because they grew up going to the games and being part of the community.

Leave a comment:

• MplsSioux
    replied

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    Hello, anybody there? Here's a link to a Sioux commit. Nice to see another local kid.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...cle/id/280681/
    Seems like people only post on this thread when things are going poorly. 5 game win streak going into the break is a welcome change for this hockey team. They have a few series they can get some good points from in CC and BSU coming up in January as well.

And yes, I really like the local talent coming to the Sioux. It seems like they come in with a better understanding of the hockey tradition and style because they grew up going to the games and being part of the community.

Leave a comment:

• Siouxfaninseattle
    replied

Hello, anybody there? Here's a link to a Sioux commit. Nice to see another local kid.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...cle/id/280681/

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
    ss.com. It's going strong there.
    I knew it had to be somewhere

Leave a comment:

• icehawk
    replied

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Where is the fire Hak thread?
    ss.com. It's going strong there.

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    There is no other thread - just not many people posting. The goalies are taking turns falling flat on their faces.
    Where is the fire Hak thread?

Leave a comment:

• Siouxfaninseattle
    replied

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
    Is there another North Dakota thread I'm missing or is there just very little activity on this? I was at both games this weekend at B.U. Thought there would be far more banter here.
    Question: Why did Saunders start in goal Friday night? Seems that Gothberg is the stud.
    There is no other thread - just not many people posting. The goalies are taking turns falling flat on their faces.

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
    Is there another North Dakota thread I'm missing or is there just very little activity on this? I was at both games this weekend at B.U. Thought there would be far more banter here.
    Question: Why did Saunders start in goal Friday night? Seems that Gothberg is the stud.
    Gothberg is only a stud in relative terms.

Leave a comment:

• DoubleA
    replied

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post

Leave a comment:

• CollegeHockeyRinkReport
    replied

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2013...n-matt-oconnor

Recap from game 2

Leave a comment:

• Mills
    replied

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
    Been a while I'd imagine since UND hasn't had anyone in the top 50 in D-1 scoring? Also can't help but notice your leading goal scorer only has 4 goals. Where did all the firepower go?
    It's in the CHL, AHL, and NHL.

Leave a comment:

• carltonbarrett
    replied

Been a while I'd imagine since UND hasn't had anyone in the top 50 in D-1 scoring? Also can't help but notice your leading goal scorer only has 4 goals. Where did all the firepower go?

Leave a comment:

• Wisko McBadgerton
    replied

Condolences to friends and family of Chad Johnson. Sad day for the UND Hockey family.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X