X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cross cheque
    replied
    Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    There could be any number of reasons for it. Maybe it was playing time. Maybe he didn't like UND, or just school in general. Maybe he was encouraged to make the move by the Rangers, family or friends. All just pure speculation at this point. All you can do is wish him well and move on with the players who are there.

It's too bad. He was pretty skinny, and I think it would have taken a couple of years to grow into his frame, but I think he could have been a real good college player for UND and I for one hate to see him go.
    Whoever says the 2 exhibition games in Canada weren't successful for recruiting can now eat their words.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied
    Re: 2013-14 North Dakota Season thread

There could be any number of reasons for it. Maybe it was playing time. Maybe he didn't like UND, or just school in general. Maybe he was encouraged to make the move by the Rangers, family or friends. All just pure speculation at this point. All you can do is wish him well and move on with the players who are there.

It's too bad. He was pretty skinny, and I think it would have taken a couple of years to grow into his frame, but I think he could have been a real good college player for UND and I for one hate to see him go.

Leave a comment:

• Siouxfaninseattle
    replied

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
    Tambellini left UND for major juniors, happy new year.
    Makes you wanna say "huh?" I really would like to know the reason for the move, especially the timing. Here's a link:

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...rth_dakota.php

Leave a comment:

• cross cheque
    replied

Tambellini left UND for major juniors, happy new year.

Leave a comment:

• Siouxfaninseattle
    replied

Originally posted by Goon View Post
    I think this team is fine, they do lack focus at times and I think they weren't very excited about playing in an exhibition game.
    I will think they are OK after two convincing wins this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Goon
    replied

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    Good summary - I think the players decided it was a trip for fun, not business, and all they had to do to win was show up. I have to question how in the world they could possibly think that.
    I think this team is fine, they do lack focus at times and I think they weren't very excited about playing in an exhibition game.

Leave a comment:

• Siouxfaninseattle
    replied

Originally posted by Goon View Post
    I am going to say that there's a lack of focus on the team right now. Or at least from what I can see.
    Good summary - I think the players decided it was a trip for fun, not business, and all they had to do to win was show up. I have to question how in the world they could possibly think that.

Leave a comment:

• willythekid
    replied

The good news? Even this canadian club team seems to be better than CC... The bad news? This UND squad plays down to it's competition. If UND doesn't sweep Colorado the NCAA streak may be over in January. Unfortunately, I do not see this NoDak team sweeping anyone.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    Well they won...are these Canadian teams you played bad?
    Simon Fraser is a club team, so winning a one goal game where it was tied with five minutes remaining is pretty darn terrible.

I think the Saturday game was worse even with the win. UND should've won on Friday but UBC was not a terrible team. The players talk about how disappointed they were with Friday's game and then proceed to play another subpar game.

Leave a comment:

• Goon
    replied

This weekend’s games –

Friday was lousy. Not quite as bad as Dirty calls it. Lack of effort, no puck control, stand around and watch. Wasn’t quite as bad as the Friday game against St. Lawrence, but close. The team that won was the one that wanted to win. Give UBC credit, they played hard.

Saturday was better but plenty of room for improvement. The first three shots the Sioux took missed the net, and by a lot. In spite of that, the score could have been 10-3 (SOG was 53-17) if anybody in a green jersey would have been in position to get a stick on a rebound, and there were plenty of rebounds. It didn’t help that there were two goals waved off. The second one didn’t look like a high stick to me. It looked like penalties were going to lead to a loss – SFU made it look way too easy on their PP goals.
    As usual, there was a good contingent of Sioux fans – probably 50% of the crowd.
    Post-season play is not looking too likely.
    I am going to say that there's a lack of focus on the team right now. Or at least from what I can see.

Leave a comment:

• Siouxfaninseattle
    replied

This weekend’s games –

Friday was lousy. Not quite as bad as Dirty calls it. Lack of effort, no puck control, stand around and watch. Wasn’t quite as bad as the Friday game against St. Lawrence, but close. The team that won was the one that wanted to win. Give UBC credit, they played hard.

Saturday was better but plenty of room for improvement. The first three shots the Sioux took missed the net, and by a lot. In spite of that, the score could have been 10-3 (SOG was 53-17) if anybody in a green jersey would have been in position to get a stick on a rebound, and there were plenty of rebounds. It didn’t help that there were two goals waved off. The second one didn’t look like a high stick to me. It looked like penalties were going to lead to a loss – SFU made it look way too easy on their PP goals.
    As usual, there was a good contingent of Sioux fans – probably 50% of the crowd.
    Post-season play is not looking too likely.

Leave a comment:

• Biddco
    replied

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    Pardon my French, but this game tonight is an absolute f^cking embarrassment. I don't care if they end up winning it or not, this is without a doubt the lowest point since I have started following UND and every single player should be ashamed that they were involved in this.
    Well they won...are these Canadian teams you played bad?

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    Pardon my French, but this game tonight is an absolute f^cking embarrassment. I don't care if they end up winning it or not, this is without a doubt the lowest point since I have started following UND and every single player should be ashamed that they were involved in this.
    Fire Stetcher

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MplsSioux
    replied
    Agreed, although in the last game it was good plays by Stetcher and Ladue that led directly to two goals. All the D seem to have gotten more aggresive in trying to keep the puck in the zone rather than being so quick to back up.
    Yes, they're making plays and producing offense which this team needs without that trusted goal scorer(or 3) they generally have up front.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X