No announcement yet.

Official 2013-2014 Minnesota State University, Mankato Mavericks Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2013-2014 Minnesota State University, Mankato Mavericks Season Thread

Congratulations on the Broadmoor and a great season, Mavericks. Many thought you would be pounded by Lowell, obviously did not happen. Great showing. Things are definitely looking up for this program. Can't wait to see it!
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Re: Official 2013-2014 Minnesota State University, Mankato Mavericks Season Thread

Nice job mavs - as a Lowell fan I thought your team was excellent and your goalie was tremendous. I know we will see each other again. Hopefully we can make you proud and beat BC
      "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
      make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

Congrats on a good season Mavs fans. Your team played their hearts out (and scared mine to a stand still at times).
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I was wondering who would leave early, if anyone? I have heard from a proud Mav supporter that Palmquist was all but gone.

Anyone have any insight?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Clark Fan Club View Post
            I was wondering who would leave early, if anyone? I have heard from a proud Mav supporter that Palmquist was all but gone.

Anyone have any insight?
            I just can't see it; who knows, though. He's a UFA, and I know Philly was in on him, but they're on fire right now, and likely wouldn't sign him up for a few games prior to the playoffs.

I will get some stuff together and create our offseason thread soon.
            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Anyone have any insight?
              This would be a pretty big blow if the Mavs lost him. IMO he could use another year of maturity before going. Another 5 pounds or so of mass would help him out a lot. One thing the NHL is not short of is left handed defensemen!! If the Mavs stay intact, watch out. I don't think anyone in the Nation will be returning the amount of Talent that the Mavs will have next year. Maybe the Goofers but that is it. Colgate was really young as well. Thing that impressed me the most was the improvement of our young defensemen this year. All of them got thrown into the fire and performed at very admirable level. Biggest surprise obviously was Huggins. I think Williams will rebound next year and we have two solid goalies and who ever is hot at the end of the year plays.

Comment

Anyone have any insight?
                I'd be shocked if Palmquist goes anywhere. Obviously, anything can happen, but I don't see him as being strong enough defensively in college let alone making the jump to the NHL yet. To me, he's got some pretty obvious holes in his game right now.
                Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Offseason thread is up and running.
                  AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Working...
                  X