Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Miami RedHawks 2013-14 Season Thread: Enrico We Trust

Originally posted by Strictly_Business View Post
    The SBN college hockey coverage has been outstanding. I've really enjoyed the recaps/round-ups and features. It's always nice to have another reliable site to browse while procrastinating!
    Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Ryan McKay is really good at hockey.

Go for the sweep!

Comment

Another good Friday performance on the defensive side of the ice, but I'd love for us to get the scorers going. We're going to need to score more than 1-2 goals per night because that just leaves little margin for error.

Regardless, looking forward to seeing if we can close one of these weekends against top tier teams with a sweep.

Next weekend, I'll get to see them in person over in Omaha.
        http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Well that was a bummer. I know we have had a tough schedule so far, but these splits aren't looking too great, especially at home. I think this team is better than a 7-4-1 record.

Comment

• Originally posted by fellowes View Post
            Well that was a bummer. I know we have had a tough schedule so far, but these splits aren't looking too great, especially at home. I think this team is better than a 7-4-1 record.
            We've played the toughest schedule in the country. Nothing wrong with that record, although it could be better, this team is still young and growing.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
              We've played the toughest schedule in the country. Nothing wrong with that record, although it could be better, this team is still young and growing.
              RPI shows your SOS at #8 but that will go up if we take down the goofs on the road in two weeks. Heck any year you could split all the top ten teams and win the rest, is going to be a really good season. (Obviously, I believe Bucky is going to be a top ten team barring major incident.)

Already I'd say you guys are on the short list of teams nobody is going to want to face in a one and done game. Czarnick is really, really good, you've great goal tending and a ton of depth. The last really impressed me as one of our biggest strengths is depth and I expected our third and fourth lines to take it to you, but that didn't pan out. Great weekend of well played Hockey and we are very, very fortunate to get out with a split. Best of Luck to the Redhawks the rest of the way! At least until the NCAA's... then pardon me if I hope you fall off a cliff!
              Originally posted by WiscTJK
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Press credential secured. Covering the games from the press box at the Century Link Center this weekend!

Woo hoo!
                http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                  RPI shows your SOS at #8 but that will go up if we take down the goofs on the road in two weeks. Heck any year you could split all the top ten teams and win the rest, is going to be a really good season. (Obviously, I believe Bucky is going to be a top ten team barring major incident.)

Already I'd say you guys are on the short list of teams nobody is going to want to face in a one and done game. Czarnick is really, really good, you've great goal tending and a ton of depth. The last really impressed me as one of our biggest strengths is depth and I expected our third and fourth lines to take it to you, but that didn't pan out. Great weekend of well played Hockey and we are very, very fortunate to get out with a split. Best of Luck to the Redhawks the rest of the way! At least until the NCAA's... then pardon me if I hope you fall off a cliff!

5, 1, we'll settle in the middle at 3, great weekend of hockey, nice to see two big ten teams not afraid to come to oxford anymore like our friends up north. They hate dick though.

Comment

Game Day!

Scrolling through MiamiHawkTalk and people were talking about NeuLion and getting access to UNO games without having to buy anything extra. From what I gathered you would only get access to UNO games if you had Miami All-Access for all sports not just the Hockey subscription. Does anyone know exactly how this works? I went on All Access and the UNO game shows up on the Live Events list and it says "Hockey (M) Premium." Might this mean the hockey only subscribers would get it as well? It would definitely be nice if it was included since I've missed parts of three games due to connection errors, but if I have to spring $11 for the month of UNO subscription I think I'll be able to manage.

Have fun in the press box redhawk95. Look forward to reading your review after the game.

Go RedHawks!
                    2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Originally posted by SweeneyHawksHockey View Post
                      Game Day!

Scrolling through MiamiHawkTalk and people were talking about NeuLion and getting access to UNO games without having to buy anything extra. From what I gathered you would only get access to UNO games if you had Miami All-Access for all sports not just the Hockey subscription. Does anyone know exactly how this works? I went on All Access and the UNO game shows up on the Live Events list and it says "Hockey (M) Premium." Might this mean the hockey only subscribers would get it as well? It would definitely be nice if it was included since I've missed parts of three games due to connection errors, but if I have to spring $11 for the month of UNO subscription I think I'll be able to manage.

Have fun in the press box redhawk95. Look forward to reading your review after the game.

Go RedHawks!
                      I believe you need the full All-Access package to get these reciprocity games. The hockey-only package was explicitly for home games only. I think it's a dumb policy... hockey-only should be all hockey, but nothing to do about it. The listing that shows "Hockey (M) Premium" appears to be the audio feed, while there's a separate listing for UNO Hockey Live that simply says "Premium".

Comment

Third straight goal from a pass going straight across our defense. Wake the **** up. Try again tomorrow.

Comment

Aaaaaaand it's finally over. Defense in shambles, Williams injured. Rico better give these guys the hairdryer treatment. We seriously need to get a win tomorrow.

Comment

Yeah, defense was absolutely brutal tonight and UNO took full advantage of it. When was the last time Miami gave up 5 in a period? Probably a tourney game against BC at some point in the past decade.

Czarnik also seemed off his game. Wouldn't have expected to see him go o-fer between the breakaways and the penalty shot, not to mention a couple brutal whiffs toward the end. Looked like he was just trying too hard to carry the entire team on his back and it finally caught up to him.

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                              Looked like he was just trying too hard to carry the entire team on his back and it finally caught up to him.
                              I hope we aren't regressing to our anemic offensive style of last season, where Czarnik and Barber are the only consistent scoring threats.

Comment

Just a compliment for your program. In my fantasy hockey league (yea I'm one of those guys) I picked up Zatkoff as my third goalie. As he is a back-up I expect nothing from him other than the occasional spot-start. Well he got me a win tonight, thanks Miami.
                                Originally posted by alfablue
                                Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                                Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                                I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Working...
                                X