Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miami RedHawks 2013-14 Season Thread: Enrico We Trust

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
    Saturday was easily one of the best hockey games I have ever been to. We set a new attendance record at Goggin, and it definitely showed, such a great atmosphere. I was surprised by how well North Dakota travels, met some really nice people in the will call line. I was really impressed by how well we bounced back from last night, Murphy really set the tone with that first shot goal (second time that's happened already this season, crazy). Some other random thoughts:

-Murphy had a great game, totally deserved that first line spot.
    -Kuraly and Coleman are starting to do a better job of bringing more physical play to this team.
    -Speaking of Coleman, it's about time he put in a performance like that.
    -Much more cohesive on the defensive side, Wingels looked really solid.
    -The refereeing was absolutely horrible.
    Aside from some head scratching calls (both ways) the linesmen and refs were consistently out of position all weekend, getting in the way of play, hit by pucks, etc.

Comment

#3 in the polls, #1 in your heart.

If you haven't heard, Michael Joyaux (of, yes, that family) has committed. Another D. 2016 likely.
      http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
        If you haven't heard, Michael Joyaux (of, yes, that family) has committed. Another D. 2016 likely.
        Jeez, how many of these kids are there?

Comment

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
          Saturday was easily one of the best hockey games I have ever been to. We set a new attendance record at Goggin, and it definitely showed, such a great atmosphere. I was surprised by how well North Dakota travels, met some really nice people in the will call line. I was really impressed by how well we bounced back from last night, Murphy really set the tone with that first shot goal (second time that's happened already this season, crazy). Some other random thoughts:

-Murphy had a great game, totally deserved that first line spot.
          -Kuraly and Coleman are starting to do a better job of bringing more physical play to this team.
          -Speaking of Coleman, it's about time he put in a performance like that.
          -Much more cohesive on the defensive side, Wingels looked really solid.
          -The refereeing was absolutely horrible.
          I just got home from Ohio late last night, as I have family in the area so I obviously, made it an extended weekend trip. I graduated from UND in 2009 and have been on several road trips, and I think this one was the most sparsely attended by UND fans that I've been at, so I'm a bit surprised at your comment on how well we traveled this weekend.

That said, I had a great time in Oxford. I had never been to Ohio before, and I only got one rude comment and that was right away and from a student, so I laughed it off. The arena is small, but it's nice. I also appreciated no parking tickets from any of my illegal parking jobs as I was never able to plan ahead long enough to determine where event parking was

I'll be back.

Comment

Originally posted by sfo19 View Post
            I think this one was the most sparsely attended by UND fans that I've been at, so I'm a bit surprised at your comment on how well we traveled this weekend.
            We don't get many visiting fans in Oxford. I'd guess there were about as many UND fans as we typically see when OSU is in town, and probably a few more than Michigan used to bring. Aside from those two series, the number of opposing fans can usually be counted on two hands

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
              We don't get many visiting fans in Oxford. I'd guess there were about as many UND fans as we typically see when OSU is in town, and probably a few more than Michigan used to bring. Aside from those two series, the number of opposing fans can usually be counted on two hands
              Doesn't help that it's a pain in the rear to try getting tickets to the games if you aren't able to get them directly from the visiting school, especially if you don't know how to work the Miami system. Regardless, I hope Miami can get more than an handful of fans out to Grand Forks later this season. Glad you enjoyed the trip, sfo, though I'd love to know how you avoided parking tickets. That's one feat most in Oxford aren't able to pull off!
              Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Hitting the road to Providence in the morning. We have a group of 7 ready to make some noise. Anyone else making the trip? Friday's game time was bumped up to 5:20 to avoid conflicting with some big pep rally thing for their basketball team that apparently draws all of the students. It's hard for me to imagine a place where students would leave early from (or just completely skip) a hockey game for bounceyball!

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                  ? Friday's game time was bumped up to 5:20 to avoid conflicting with some big pep rally thing for their basketball team that apparently draws all of the students. It's hard for me to imagine a place where students would leave early from (or just completely skip) a hockey game for bounceyball!
                  Just watch...they are planning for 1000 to be at Friday's game as they doubled the student section
                  Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

It's hard for me to imagine a place where students would leave early from (or just completely skip) a hockey game for bounceyball!
                    You and me both.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                    -Blackadder
                    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                    -Casablanca
                    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Looks like we got a new recruit.

Chaz Switzer (1997) - 6' 176 lbs - Defenseman

2013-14 Muskegon Lumberjacks 4GP, 0-0--0, -1, 11 PIM
                      2012-13 Compuware U16 24GP, 0-3--3, 49 PIM
                      2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

1k students will be there to start and about 20 at the final whistle!
                        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                          1k students will be there to start and about 20 at the final whistle!
                          Sounds like our football games, though we'd be excited if we managed 1000 students at any point in the game. At least if your students bail for bball, you'll be able to hear my little group more clearly

Comment

Sounds like our football games, though we'd be excited if we managed 1000 students at any point in the game. At least if your students bail for bball, you'll be able to hear my little group more clearly
                            #yanksalexunchained

Comment

Doesn't help that it's a pain in the rear to try getting tickets to the games if you aren't able to get them directly from the visiting school, especially if you don't know how to work the Miami system. Regardless, I hope Miami can get more than an handful of fans out to Grand Forks later this season. Glad you enjoyed the trip, sfo, though I'd love to know how you avoided parking tickets. That's one feat most in Oxford aren't able to pull off!
                              That is one thing Miami and UND have in common then. Parking Nazis! I can't count on two hands the number of parking tickets I got when I was at UND.

I am not sure how it happened that I didn't get ticketed. Friday night we got there WAY too early and found a spot on the street that wasn't patrolled after 4 pm. Saturday we parked in a parking lot of a building that looked like a church. I thought I was for sure going to get ticketed, but I lucked out.

For future reference, if someone could inform me on the whereabouts of the event parking, that'd be great!

Comment

Originally posted by sfo19 View Post
                                For future reference, if someone could inform me on the whereabouts of the event parking, that'd be great!
                                There is a parking garage right across the quad from the arena, though it can be tricky to find, especially at night because it looks exactly like all the other buildings at Miami, 3 story brick.

Comment

Working...
                                X