X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SmartAxe
    replied
    Re: Miami RedHawks 2013-14 Season Thread: Enrico We Trust

Any interest in owning a 4' x 4' Miami Redhawks team sign? LSSU is auctioning off the signs from the former CCHA teams that hung in the Laker's hockey arena. Here's a chance to show your team pride with some pretty cool CCHA history attached to it. Details in the link attached..

http://www.lssu.edu/foundation/events/cchaauction.php

Just thought I'd pass it along in case there was any interest from the Miami fanbase.

Leave a comment:

• RedhawkBandMan
    replied

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    What the hell happened to this squad? The Coleman injury shouldn't turn a top 5 team into a Also ran.
    Coleman, Hamilton, Mullin, and Wingels are all out due to injury. We even had a senior forward playing defense to help fill things out this weekend. Add all of that to the relatively inexperienced defensive corps and it's not inconceivable that this team has been unable to find its groove. What should be easy passes just seem out of sync, there are numerous turnovers in the defensive end, and opponents are consistently getting odd-man rushes or straight-up breakaways on goalies that clearly have had their confidence shaken. Just have to hope that the team can get healthy and then figure out some way to shift gears in time for the conference tournament.

Leave a comment:

• Tipsy McStagger
    replied

What the hell happened to this squad? The Coleman injury shouldn't turn a top 5 team into a Also ran.

Leave a comment:

• hockeynut92
    replied

Bronco didn't seem to have any problem with stamina this weekend,The Redhawks looked slow and out played most of the time in both games.

Leave a comment:

• RedhawkBandMan
    replied

Originally posted by Lawson_lunatic27 View Post
    Both former CCHA teams need to take home points this weekend, hopefully a major effort by both teams to right the ship makes for some good hockey!

Last time these two met the Broncos swept for the first time in a LLLLOOONNNNGGG time, I don't know if they've ever swept in Goggin...

Bronco's had an issue with stamina and staying out of the box in their series with tUMD, hoping for a more diciplined team to show up against Miami.

Good Luck!
    Keep it down. Trying to sleep here.

Leave a comment:

• Lawson_lunatic27
    replied

Both former CCHA teams need to take home points this weekend, hopefully a major effort by both teams to right the ship makes for some good hockey!

Last time these two met the Broncos swept for the first time in a LLLLOOONNNNGGG time, I don't know if they've ever swept in Goggin...

Bronco's had an issue with stamina and staying out of the box in their series with tUMD, hoping for a more diciplined team to show up against Miami.

Good Luck!

Leave a comment:

• mu2010
    replied

I hope that game can lead to a turn around in confidence for the team.

Leave a comment:

• RedhawkBandMan
    replied

Yay we won a game!

Leave a comment:

• RedhawkBandMan
    replied
    Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
    I was considering paying for the video feed this weekend, but it definitely won't be worth it if the level of play remains unchanged. I hope they can finally figure out what the heck has been going wrong. A series against CC is a good chance to shake the past two months off and rebuild a little confidence before the bye week... or to put another nail or two in this season's coffin. Please make it the former.
    Aaaand they opted for the latter option.

Leave a comment:

• RedhawkBandMan
    replied

Originally posted by hockeynut92 View Post
    Miami was overrated at the start of the season,they are probably a little over .500 team
    Overrated at the start of the season? No question. But they have the tools and potential be be a much better team that they have been in the past couple months, and certainly well above .500.

Leave a comment:

• hockeynut92
    replied

Miami was overrated at the start of the season,they are probably a little over .500 team

Leave a comment:

• RedhawkBandMan
    replied

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
    Hey we still have a thread??

The swoon ends tonight!
    I was considering paying for the video feed this weekend, but it definitely won't be worth it if the level of play remains unchanged. I hope they can finally figure out what the heck has been going wrong. A series against CC is a good chance to shake the past two months off and rebuild a little confidence before the bye week... or to put another nail or two in this season's coffin. Please make it the former.

Leave a comment:

• mcfarljd
    replied

Hey we still have a thread??

The swoon ends tonight!

Leave a comment:

• RedhawkBandMan
    replied

Is it time to start the off-season thread already?

Leave a comment:

• alger wetmore
    replied

Regardless, That was one heck of a hockey game last night. Despite being at the Lawson Lunatic Bin, Three of Western's goals had lengthy video reviews, Miami had very favorable officiating more power plays including a five minute charging at the end of the game. Probably one of the most entertaining games I have ever seen.
    Western outshot Miami 19 to 6 in the first period and your goaltender McKay was magnificent. It could have been easily been 3-1, or 4-1 after the 1st period, but he kept your Redhawks in the game.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X