#2 1988 vs. #15 HoosierPioneer 1988 wins 54-50
    #7 Aerman vs. #10 gochiefs gochiefs wins 60-47

SFIS's Regional
    #3 SiouxfaninSeattle vs. #14 drshoen SFIS wins 53-49
    #6 FS23 vs. #11 Shirtless Bob FS23 wins 50-40

Sweeney's Regional
    #4 SweeneyHawksHockey vs. #13 97osu SHH wins 64-40
    #5 FiveHole12 vs. #12 aygwm2 aygwm2 wins 52-28

That means next week's matchups will be: (with new rankings)
    #5 all bear vs. #12 vizoroo
    #1 1988 vs. #7 gochiefs
    #3 SFIS vs. #6 FS23
    #2 SweeneyHawksHockey vs. #11 aygwm2

I'll try and have the weekly standings (although, you can pretty much see them from earlier. BCeagle didn't participate in the Tournament, but posted a very strong 69 points this weekend) up by Monday (try and do it tomorrow morning), along with the overall standings. Congratulations to those that advanced in the Tournament.

EDIT:
    Bonus Question Answers:
    NCHC Saves - 196
    Total Goals - 122

Leave a comment:

• vizoroo
    replied
    Re: 2013-2014: NCAA Weekly Pick'em

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    100 saves is correct, but I count 74 goals scored Thursday-Friday.
    I said I could count; didn't say I could add.

(Actually came up with 74 , but decided that was too low, so I tried again.)

Leave a comment:

• HoosierPioneer
    replied

Through Friday's Games, here is where we stand
    #2 1988 vs. #15 HoosierPioneer HoosierPioneer leads 40-30, and holds any potential tiebreaker. Both players have 2 conference champions (HP: Union, Ferris. 1988: Denver, Mankato). Given the 10 point gap, there could easily be a tie that the bonus points would resolve.
    I'd gladly concede the Denver pick this afternoon.

Also, glad to know I already hold the coin flip tiebreaker!

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
    From FS23:

I feel like the Holy Cross of the "Weekly Pick'Em"

BTW if i counted correctly there were 100 saves in the NCHC yesterday and only 84 goals scored Thursday and Friday. Wouldn't you know, if defense wins championships, the B1G forgot you had to score goals to win the games
    100 saves is correct, but I count 74 goals scored Thursday-Friday.

Leave a comment:

• vizoroo
    replied

From FS23:
    Laker Dude's Regional
    #1 Laker Dude vs. #16 vizoroo vizoroo is up 35-15. Astonishingly, vizoroo still has all of her 6 conference champions still alive, and could earn 60 more points. Given that Laker Dude can only gain a possible 17 points (if he got both bonus exactly correct), vizoroo will advance to the next round!
    I feel like the Holy Cross of the "Weekly Pick'Em"

BTW if i counted correctly there were 100 saves in the NCHC yesterday and only 84 goals scored Thursday and Friday. Wouldn't you know, if defense wins championships, the B1G forgot you had to score goals to win the games

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied

Through Friday's Games, here is where we stand

Laker Dude's Regional
    #1 Laker Dude vs. #16 vizoroo vizoroo is up 35-15. Astonishingly, vizoroo still has all of her 6 conference champions still alive, and could earn 60 more points. Given that Laker Dude can only gain a possible 17 points (if he got both bonus exactly correct), vizoroo will advance to the next round!

#8 all bear vs. #9 Irish08 all bear leads 30-25. all bear has a slight edge with 3 conference champions still alive (Union, Denver, Ferris), while Irish08 has only 2 (Lowell, Mankato). That means that the Ferris-Mankato matchup could likely decide the winner here. Bonus could also play a big factor...should be what we expected an 8-9 matchup to be If there is a tie, all bear holds the tiebreaker

1988's Regional
    #2 1988 vs. #15 HoosierPioneer HoosierPioneer leads 40-30, and holds any potential tiebreaker. Both players have 2 conference champions (HP: Union, Ferris. 1988: Denver, Mankato). Given the 10 point gap, there could easily be a tie that the bonus points would resolve.

#7 Aerman vs. #10 gochiefs gochiefs leads 30-25, and holds any potential tiebreaker. gochiefs also has 4 conference champions alive (Wisconsin, Union, Lowell, Ferris) while Aerman has only 2 (Union, Ferris). That means that gochiefs will be leading going into the bonus, by anywhere from 5 to 25 points. Even if down by 25, Aerman can make up for it with correct or near-correct bonus guesses.

SFIS's Regional
    #3 SiouxfaninSeattle vs. #14 drshoen drshoen leads 30-25, and holds any potential tiebreaker. Both players have Union and Ferris alive for conference championships, but SFIS has Wisconsin still alive in the B1G. A Wisconsin victory and SFIS goes into the bonus up 5. An OSU victory and drshoen goes into the bonus up 5. Given that they are quite close in their Total Goals Bonus Question (129-128), it would likely be NCHC saves that split any difference. SFIS predicted 221 saves, while drshoen predicted 234. Last night there were 100 goalie saves in the NCHC, and there have been 74 total goals scored thus far.

#6 FS23 vs. #11 Shirtless Bob Score is tied at 30-30, but Shirtless Bob holds the tiebreaker. We both have Ferris and Lowell alive in their conference championships, while I still have Union alive in the ECAC. If Union wins, I'll have a 10 point lead heading to the bonus. If not, we'll be tied. Bonus Guesses: NCHC Saves (FS23 - 221, SB - 123), Total Goals (FS23 - 102, SB - 150).

Sweeney's Regional
    #4 SweeneyHawksHockey vs. #13 97osu SHH holds a 30-25 lead, and holds the tiebreaker. Both have Ferris and Union, but SHH has Canisius and Wisconsin still alive. That means that SHH's lead will be anywhere from 5-25 points. The most 97osu can make up in Bonus is 15 points, so if both Canisius and Wisconsin win, SHH will clinch a victory

#5 FiveHole12 vs. #12 aygwm2 aygwm2 holds a 30-20 lead, and holds the tiebreaker. Both have Ferris, but only aygwm2 has Union. That means that aygwm2 will have either a 10 or 20 point lead heading into the bonus. The most FH12 can make up in bonus is 14 points. That means if Union wins, aygwm2 will advance, if not, then it will come down to bonus, with FH12 needing to be near perfect.

TIEBREAKERS:
    1. Total Points scored in the Regional
    2. Correct W-L-T eligible game % from the current week
    3. Overall correct pick % from the season
    4. Coin Flip

Probably tomorrow or Monday, I'll have the results, including the most important category, overall points. Good luck to everyone today!

Leave a comment:

replied

Well not only in BB but in hockey picks also a number 2 seed goes down to a 15 seed on opening weekend ---- nice picks HoosierPioneer.

Leave a comment:

• Siouxfaninseattle
    replied

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
    Wow! I'm getting trashed!
    Yeah, I've had a few too. Oh, you mean your picks. I would have done much better if I hadn't picked the teams that I wanted to win.

Leave a comment:

• Aerman
    replied

Wow! I'm getting trashed!

Leave a comment:

• Aerman
    replied

Week 24 Games!

Atlantic Hockey: Semifinals (5 points each)
    Niagara vs. Robert Morris -RMU
    Canisius vs. Mercyhurst - Mercyhurst

Atlantic Hockey: Champion (10 points - do not need to have guessed both Semifinals games correctly, and this pick does not go towards your W-L-T record) - Mercyhurst

Big Ten: Quarterfinals (5 points each)
    Penn State vs. Michigan - Michigan
    Michigan State vs. Ohio State - Ohio State

Big Ten: Champion (10 points - do not need to have guessed both Semifinals games correctly, and this pick does not go towards your W-L-T record) -Minnesota

ECAC: Semifinals (5 points each)
    Cornell vs. Union - Union
    Quinnipiac vs. Colgate -Quinnipiac

ECAC: Champion (10 points - do not need to have guessed both Semifinals games correctly, and this pick does not go towards your W-L-T record) -Union

Hockey East: Semifinals (5 points each)
    New Hampshire vs. Providence - [Proviced
    Notre Dame vs. Massachusetts Lowell - Notre Dame

Hockey East: Champion (10 points - do not need to have guessed both Semifinals games correctly, and this pick does not go towards your W-L-T record) -Notre Dame

NCHC: Semifinals (5 points each)
    Miami vs. North Dakota - North Dakota
    Denver vs. Western Michigan -Western

NCHC: Champion (10 points - do not need to have guessed both Semifinals games correctly, and this pick does not go towards your W-L-T record) -Siousie

WCHA: Semifinals (5 points each)
    Alaska Anchorage vs. Ferris State - Ferris State
    Bowling Green vs. Minnesota State -Minnesota State

WCHA: Champion (10 points - do not need to have guessed both Semifinals games correctly, and this pick does not go towards your W-L-T record) - Ferris Bueller

BONUS QUESTION #1: (15 points if correct, for each number off take 1 point away until 0 (can't go into the negative)):
    Total number of Saves in the NCHC this weekend (4 games) -208

BONUS QUESTION #2: (15 points if correct, for each number off take 1 point away until 0 (can't go into the negative)):
    Total number of goals in college hockey this weekend (Thursday-Saturday, 21 games) - 116

Thanks for the reminder!!!!!!!!!

Goooooooooooooooooooooochiefs, Goooooooooooooooooooooooooochiefs, U suk!

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied

Just a reminder to those that have not made their predictions here, you have until 3:00pm Eastern TODAY to do so. No late picks will be allowed.

From our regulars, still waiting to hear from:
    Aerman
    darker98

Obviously, anyone else interested is more than welcome to take a stab at these picks as well.

Leave a comment:

• HoosierPioneer
    replied

I can only imagine that it will be the predominate water cooler talk at offices around the country. We should see if Warren Buffett will give a billion dollars to whomever can correctly predict the Tournament.
    Now THOSE would be tough picks

Leave a comment:

replied

Week 24 Games!

Niagara vs. Robert Morris -Niagara

Atlantic Hockey: Champion (10 points - do not need to have guessed both Semifinals games correctly, and this pick does not go towards your W-L-T record) - Mercyhurst

Big Ten: Champion (10 points - do not need to have guessed both Semifinals games correctly, and this pick does not go towards your W-L-T record) - Minnesota

Cornell vs. Union - Union

ECAC: Champion (10 points - do not need to have guessed both Semifinals games correctly, and this pick does not go towards your W-L-T record) - Quinnipiac

New Hampshire vs. Providence - UNH
    Notre Dame vs. Massachusetts Lowell - Notre Dame

Hockey East: Champion (10 points - do not need to have guessed both Semifinals games correctly, and this pick does not go towards your W-L-T record) -Notre Dame

Denver vs. Western Michigan - Denver

NCHC: Champion (10 points - do not need to have guessed both Semifinals games correctly, and this pick does not go towards your W-L-T record) - Denver

Bowling Green vs. Minnesota State -Minnesota State

WCHA: Champion (10 points - do not need to have guessed both Semifinals games correctly, and this pick does not go towards your W-L-T record) - Minnesota State

BONUS QUESTION #1: (15 points if correct, for each number off take 1 point away until 0 (can't go into the negative)):
    Total number of Saves in the NCHC this weekend (4 games) -213

BONUS QUESTION #2: (15 points if correct, for each number off take 1 point away until 0 (can't go into the negative)):
    Total number of goals in college hockey this weekend (Thursday-Saturday, 21 games) - 111

Leave a comment:

• Irish08
    replied

Week 24 Games!

Niagara vs. Robert Morris - Robert Morris

Big Ten: Champion (10 points - do not need to have guessed both Semifinals games correctly, and this pick does not go towards your W-L-T record) - Michigan

Cornell vs. Union - Cornell

ECAC: Champion (10 points - do not need to have guessed both Semifinals games correctly, and this pick does not go towards your W-L-T record) - Quinnipiac

New Hampshire vs. Providence - Providence
    Notre Dame vs. Massachusetts Lowell - Lowell

Hockey East: Champion (10 points - do not need to have guessed both Semifinals games correctly, and this pick does not go towards your W-L-T record) - Lowell

Denver vs. Western Michigan - Western Michigan

NCHC: Champion (10 points - do not need to have guessed both Semifinals games correctly, and this pick does not go towards your W-L-T record) - North Dakota

Bowling Green vs. Minnesota State -Minn. State

WCHA: Champion (10 points - do not need to have guessed both Semifinals games correctly, and this pick does not go towards your W-L-T record) - Minn. State

Total number of Saves in the NCHC this weekend (4 games) -224

Total number of goals in college hockey this weekend (Thursday-Saturday, 21 games) - 84

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied

Originally posted by HoosierPioneer View Post
    Is there a separate pool going on for the tournament of posters bracket??
    I can only imagine that it will be the predominate water cooler talk at offices around the country. We should see if Warren Buffett will give a billion dollars to whomever can correctly predict the Tournament.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X