• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vizoroo
    replied
    Re: 2013-2014: NCAA Weekly Pick'em

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Correct. We have from 8:08 to 8:36 of powerplay (:28), followed by 8:36 to 10:08 of 4x4, then a 5x4 from 10:08 to 10:24 (:16), then 5x3 from 10:24 to 10:40 (:16). :28 + :16 + :16 = 1:00 exactly.

In the entire game there would have been 13 minutes of powerplay time (12:38 --> 13:00).

As for the next question...let's see here...carry the 1...drop a zero...looks like the train rolling will start at approximately 8:30pm Eastern tonight, and will last approximately 2.5 hours
    \\

So 13 power play minutes on 24 penalty minutes hmmmm. Changed my prediction to 8 power play minutes
    Last edited by vizoroo; 04-10-2014, 03:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mnturkey
    replied
    I'm all for newcomers to the Pick'em Thread, and if you want to make some predictions, I'll gladly score them for you. However, don't come in here to talk smack when you're not one of the participants. That's best reserved for individual game threads.

Thanks.
    sorry if I hurt your feeling but I was under the impression that all the threads are open to all registered users, if not then tell us that we cannot post.

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied

Originally posted by mnturkey View Post
    Not a math major but the way I see it the rodents will be pooping in the sioux gruel and making them all sick, and they will all be crying in their beer when the night is over.
    I'm all for newcomers to the Pick'em Thread, and if you want to make some predictions, I'll gladly score them for you. However, don't come in here to talk smack when you're not one of the participants. That's best reserved for individual game threads.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• mnturkey
    replied

As for the next question...let's see here...carry the 1...drop a zero...looks like the train rolling will start at approximately 8:30pm Eastern tonight, and will last approximately 2.5 hours
    Not a math major but the way I see it the rodents will be pooping in the sioux gruel and making them all sick, and they will all be crying in their beer when the night is over.

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
    Would I be correct to say 1 minute of Power Play time for the first 6 minutes of penalties called in the 2nd period of the UND-Ferris regional?

Next question: a bus load of gophers are headed to Philly at 43.5 mph and following all SPCA rules for transporting rodents and a (wagon) train of sioux fans( not following any rules) traveling at 12.9 mph leaves Grand forks 73 hours before the rodents leave Dinky town, How long will it take for the fan train to roll over the rodents?
    Correct. We have from 8:08 to 8:36 of powerplay (:28), followed by 8:36 to 10:08 of 4x4, then a 5x4 from 10:08 to 10:24 (:16), then 5x3 from 10:24 to 10:40 (:16). :28 + :16 + :16 = 1:00 exactly.

In the entire game there would have been 13 minutes of powerplay time (12:38 --> 13:00).

Leave a comment:

• vizoroo
    replied

Would I be correct to say 1 minute of Power Play time for the first 6 minutes of penalties called in the 2nd period of the UND-Ferris regional?

Next question: a bus load of gophers are headed to Philly at 43.5 mph and following all SPCA rules for transporting rodents and a (wagon) train of sioux fans( not following any rules) traveling at 12.9 mph leaves Grand forks 73 hours before the rodents leave Dinky town, How long will it take for the fan train to roll over the rodents?
    Last edited by vizoroo; 04-10-2014, 12:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
    Re: Saturday bonus--Power Play Minutes
    FS23, I know the NHL tracks Power Play minutes, but I don't see that on the USCHO box score. Is this semantics--penalty minutes equals power play minutes? Or...?
    I'll have to piece it together using the collegehockeystats.net box scores. Power Play Minutes = how many minutes of play the teams are on the power play (rounded to the nearest minute). So, if Team A is on the power play for 4:16 and Team B is on the power play for 5:19, then that would equal 10 minutes (4:16+5:19 = 9:35 --> 10:00)

Leave a comment:

• vizoroo
    replied

Re: Saturday bonus--Power Play Minutes
    FS23, I know the NHL tracks Power Play minutes, but I don't see that on the USCHO box score. Is this semantics--penalty minutes equals power play minutes? Or...?

Leave a comment:

• vizoroo
    replied

2013-2014 NCAA Pick'em Championship Week!!

National Semifinals: (25 points Each)
    Union vs. Boston College - Boston College
    North Dakota vs. Minnesota - This is really painful Eeny Meeny MY-knee No Dakota

National Champion: (50 points, does not count towards W-L-T record, and do not need to have picked this team to win on Thursday) -Union

THURSDAY BONUS

QUESTION #1: (5 points if correct, for each number off take 1 point away until 0 (can't go into the negative)):
    Total Number of Goals scored on Thursday* (2 games) - 10

QUESTION #2: (10 points if correct, for each number off take 1 point away until 0 (can't go into the negative)):
    Total Number of Saves on Thursday* (4 teams, 2 games) - 117

QUESTION #3: (15 points if correct, for each number off take 2 points away until 0 (can't go into the negative)):
    Total Number of Penalty Minutes on Thursday* (4 teams, 2 games) - 22

QUESTION #4: (20 points if correct, for each number off take 2 points away until 0 (can't go into the negative)):
    Total Number of Shots on Goal on Thursday* (4 teams, 2 games) - 129

SATURDAY BONUS

QUESTION #1: (5 points if correct, for each number off take 2 points away (can go into the negative**)):
    Total Number of Goals scored on Saturday*** (2 teams, 1 game) - 5

QUESTION #2: (20 points if correct, for each number off take 1 point away (can't go into the negative)):
    Attendance on Saturday (by hundreds - same as last week, but just for the one game) - 18,800

QUESTION #3: (15 points if correct, for each number off take 2 points away (can't go into the negative)):
    Total Number of Shots on Goal on Saturday*** (2 teams, 1 game) - 63

QUESTION #4: (10 points if correct, for each number off take 2 points away (can't go into the negative)):
    Total Number of Powerplay Minutes**** on Saturday*** (2 teams, 1 game) - 8

TIEBREAKERS (25 point bonus for getting all 3 correct, otherwise no points - this will primarily be used as a Tiebreaker for the different championships)
    1. Total Number of Goals Scored at the Frozen Four - 18
    2. Total Number of Minutes**** Played at the Frozen Four - 180
    3. Total Number of Shots on Goal - 192

SUPER TIEBREAKER (no points, used purely for tiebreaking purposes)
    Time of the NCAA Championship Game Winning Goal***** 64:08 (OT)
    Last edited by vizoroo; 04-10-2014, 03:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied

Just a couple reminders...

1) Picks must be submitted TODAY by 5:00pm Eastern.

2) Just another recap of how the Pick'em Tournament works for the Frozen Four. The Semifinals will be decided by today's points. There are 100 points on the line (50 from the games, 50 from the 4 Thursday Bonus Questions). Whoever wins today will meet up on Saturday for the Championship. Your Thursday scores will not be used for the Championship, and only the Saturday game and bonus (50 points from the game, 50 from the 4 Saturday Bonus Questions, and potentially the 25 point tiebreaker bonus) will be used to determine the Pick'em Tournament Championship.

3) All ties in any of the remaining contests (Tournament, Overall Points, and NCAA Tournament Points) will be resolved by going through the Tiebreakers in order. If a tie still remains, then the super tiebreaker will be used. If there is still a tie (extremely unlikely), then overall correct pick % from the entire season will break the tie. If there remains a tie after that, then I'll flip a coin to determine the winner.

Anyway, there are still a few people I'm waiting on to receive their predictions, so hopefully they get that in by 5:00pm Eastern. Good luck to everyone!

Leave a comment:

• gochiefs
    replied

Union vs. Boston College - Union
    North Dakota vs. Minnesota - Minnesota

National Champion: (50 points, does not count towards W-L-T record, and do not need to have picked this team to win on Thursday) - Union

THURSDAY BONUS

QUESTION #1: (5 points if correct, for each number off take 1 point away until 0 (can't go into the negative)):
    Total Number of Goals scored on Thursday* (2 games) - 10

QUESTION #2: (10 points if correct, for each number off take 1 point away until 0 (can't go into the negative)):
    Total Number of Saves on Thursday* (4 teams, 2 games) - 112

QUESTION #3: (15 points if correct, for each number off take 2 points away until 0 (can't go into the negative)):
    Total Number of Penalty Minutes on Thursday* (4 teams, 2 games) - 20

QUESTION #4: (20 points if correct, for each number off take 2 points away until 0 (can't go into the negative)):
    Total Number of Shots on Goal on Thursday* (4 teams, 2 games) - 122

SATURDAY BONUS

QUESTION #1: (5 points if correct, for each number off take 2 points away (can go into the negative**)):

QUESTION #2: (20 points if correct, for each number off take 1 point away (can't go into the negative)):
    Attendance on Saturday (by hundreds - same as last week, but just for the one game) - 17,200

QUESTION #3: (15 points if correct, for each number off take 2 points away (can't go into the negative)):
    Total Number of Shots on Goal on Saturday*** (2 teams, 1 game) - 62

QUESTION #4: (10 points if correct, for each number off take 2 points away (can't go into the negative)):
    Total Number of Powerplay Minutes**** on Saturday*** (2 teams, 1 game) - 12

TIEBREAKERS (25 point bonus for getting all 3 correct, otherwise no points - this will primarily be used as a Tiebreaker for the different championships)
    1. Total Number of Goals Scored at the Frozen Four - 15
    3. Total Number of Shots on Goal - 184

Time of the NCAA Championship Game Winning Goal***** - 44:12

Thanks for running this again this year!

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    Amazing that Minnesota is getting no love here.

Sandbaggers!
    Well, it seems that the consensus is that whoever wins the Union-BC matchup will take the title. Even 75% of the "experts" at CHN went that route. 1 picked Minnesota, and 1 picked North Dakota. The other six split between Union and BC...seems like what has happened here as well.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/rep...aa/picksFF.php

ALSO, remember that your picks need to be in by 5:00pm Eastern TOMORROW. While puckdrop may be slightly after that, any picks submitted at 5:01pm or after will not be counted. Still waiting on a few regulars too...
    Last edited by Fighting Sioux 23; 04-09-2014, 10:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mnturkey
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post

Sandbaggers!
    Thats what I see

Leave a comment:

• Irish08
    replied

Union vs. Boston College - Boston College
    North Dakota vs. Minnesota - North Dakota

National Champion: Boston College

THURSDAY BONUS

Total Number of Goals scored on Thursday* (2 games) - 9

Total Number of Saves on Thursday* (4 teams, 2 games) - 118

Total Number of Penalty Minutes on Thursday* (4 teams, 2 games) - 32

Total Number of Shots on Goal on Thursday* (4 teams, 2 games) - 128

SATURDAY BONUS

Attendance on Saturday (by hundreds - same as last week, but just for the one game) - 17,500

Total Number of Shots on Goal on Saturday*** (2 teams, 1 game) - 62

Total Number of Powerplay Minutes**** on Saturday*** (2 teams, 1 game) - 16

1. Total Number of Goals Scored at the Frozen Four - 14
    3. Total Number of Shots on Goal - 182

Time of the NCAA Championship Game Winning Goal***** - 3rd period at 5:26 (45:26)

Leave a comment:

• FiveHole12
    replied

Sandbaggers!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X