NMU 2013-14 Season: A Shot In the Dark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NMU 2013-14 Season: A Shot In the Dark

The major difference between TV6 and 13 is the type of FCC license. Now I'm trying to draw from 10 year old information from my Mass Comm Law class back in 2003 and my experience working at Radio X; but, standard advertizements on TV13 fall into a category of illegality. You can say, "Company X gave us money, here's their tagline." But, anything beyond that is a no. Any "call to action" such as, "Go buy this" illegal. Of course I can be oversimplifying this, and once again drawing off of 10 year old information badly stored in my brain for a class I got a B- in.
    Thinking that NMU is way better then your school with no evidence or proof since 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by tmoney@nmu View Post
      The major difference between TV6 and 13 is the type of FCC license. Now I'm trying to draw from 10 year old information from my Mass Comm Law class back in 2003 and my experience working at Radio X; but, standard advertizements on TV13 fall into a category of illegality. You can say, "Company X gave us money, here's their tagline." But, anything beyond that is a no. Any "call to action" such as, "Go buy this" illegal. Of course I can be oversimplifying this, and once again drawing off of 10 year old information badly stored in my brain for a class I got a B- in.
      By corporate promotion, I mean the psudo-commercials like, for example, "Masterpiece Theatre presented by Ford F150" *cut to touchy/feely promo for Ford* and by BP *cut to heartwarming promo for Gulf state cleanup*.

*edit* Like this: http://youtu.be/TANHo81u-E8

Here are short promos from Canon and Ford during Nature.
      http://youtu.be/Pc_5CI-5Ek8
      Last edited by aparch; 10-11-2013, 11:06 AM.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

They're not going to pay enough for just mentions like that out of the goodness of their corporate hearts.
        Thinking that NMU is way better then your school with no evidence or proof since 2001.

Comment

New Hampshire Public TV aired UNH games for years. Wisconsin Public TV has aired Badger games for decades. Bemidji got a deal with Minnesota PBS.

Somehow they're all able to get underwriters and sponsorship.

And WNMU TV13 continues to ignore it.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

More eyeballs on screens.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              By corporate promotion, I mean the psudo-commercials like, for example, "Masterpiece Theatre presented by Ford F150" *cut to touchy/feely promo for Ford* and by BP *cut to heartwarming promo for Gulf state cleanup*.

*edit* Like this: http://youtu.be/TANHo81u-E8

Here are short promos from Canon and Ford during Nature.
              http://youtu.be/Pc_5CI-5Ek8
              Those national corporate promos come from PBS. And who picks up the tab if there is a financial loss? TV-13 doesn't have much latitude when it come to financial risk.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                And who picks up the tab if there is a financial loss?
                Seem to have no problem so far.

And yes, those are national promotions; nothing says that local spots couldn't be produced similar. And hey, there is a broadcasting class that could help do it too...

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Doesn't Bemidji have Lakeland Public Television?

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

Well that was a shocking first game for NMU....NOT! I guess even in a mediocre league, NMU is doomed to be middle of the pack with Walt.

Comment

Originally posted by boot_walt_kyle View Post
                      Well that was a shocking first game for NMU....NOT! I guess even in a mediocre league, NMU is doomed to be middle of the pack with Walt.
                      Really? You still get your jollies off by posting **** on USCHO?
                      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                        Really? You still get your jollies off by posting **** on USCHO?
                        Six years and still rocking. Admit it, it wouldn't officially be hockey season without me.

Comment

Six years and still rocking. Admit it, it wouldn't officially be hockey season without me.
                          Your **** gets old... We're still waiting for the day where you are willing to actually introduce yourself to other NMU fans... Honestly if you do that, I will forgive the past 6 years... Till that point though....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                            Your **** gets old... We're still waiting for the day where you are willing to actually introduce yourself to other NMU fans... Honestly if you do that, I will forgive the past 6 years... Till that point though....
                            Why you gotta bust balls? We're all just Wildcat fans. Why can't we all just get along? We both admit we love the Wildcats and want to see them win, we just have different visions for the future of the program. Lets just get along. Aight bro?

Comment

Except the team they are playing has nothing to do with the league they are in.
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Why you gotta bust balls? We're all just Wildcat fans. Why can't we all just get along? We both admit we love the Wildcats and want to see them win, we just have different visions for the future of the program. Lets just get along. Aight bro?
                                No... Blatant trolling of the NMU Fanbase is not welcome... Anyone that does so is a cancer on the fanbase... If you truely gave a **** like you claim to do, you would make yourself known... But of course, you live too far away to actually make a game or do anything to contribute to the manner, so it's a moot point... You will never donate or do anything to help this team out...

Comment

Working...
                                X