This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UML 2013/2014 Season ... The Target is firmly on

Well, never thought we'd be going into a season as the pre-season #1 nationally. Never.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out, and there's a tough schedule at the beginning so the test will start quickly.

Anyone want to give their HE predictions for Lowell (what's Lowell's final record in league play) or overall?
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Re: UML 2013/2014 Season ... The Target is firmly on

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    Well, never thought we'd be going into a season as the pre-season #1 nationally. Never.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out, and there's a tough schedule at the beginning so the test will start quickly.

Anyone want to give their HE predictions for Lowell (what's Lowell's final record in league play) or overall?
    THey will play everyone more than once. Other than that I gave up trying to figure things out years ago.

Comment

13-4-3
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

11-6-3: tied for first
        Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Hellebuyck on USCHO's Top Ten Goaltenders to Watch list.

I'd expect Wilson or Pendanza have a chance to join the forward list. And possibly Folin for D?
          Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

#1 in the 1st USCHO poll of the season: http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-mens-poll/
            Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Beware this "honor." Two years ago they tabbed DiGiralamo as the top pre-season tender in all the land - he finished the season as the backup
              Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                Beware this "honor." Two years ago they tabbed DiGiralamo as the top pre-season tender in all the land - he finished the season as the backup
                Last Year's #4 was Doug Carr.........
                Originally posted by Hokydad
                Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                  Last Year's #4 was Doug Carr.........
                  Don't let these guys pick stocks for you!

Comment

I'd expect Wilson or Pendanza have a chance to join the forward list. And possibly Folin for D?
                    Personally I think Folin is more likely to join the D list than Wilson on the Forwards list. That being said, Pendenza could get 40+ points this season. So I think he is someone to watch.
                    Justin Soderberg
                    President and Editor-in-chief, Mill City Sports
                    Co-Host, MCS Live Online Radio Show
                    Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Email

Comment

Originally posted by viewfrom123.com View Post
                      Personally I think Folin is more likely to join the D list than Wilson on the Forwards list. That being said, Pendenza could get 40+ points this season. So I think he is someone to watch.
                      It has been a lot of fun to see him grow at Lowell. Specially as a local kid that used to come to hockey games when he was younger, and then wanted to play for Lowell.
                      Monty

Comment

Originally posted by viewfrom123.com View Post
                        No on Folin.
                        Monty

Comment

My breakdown:
                          BC 1-1 (just noticed, we're playing them late in the year, when they're usually picking up steam)
                          BU 1-1
                          Maine 2-0
                          UMass 2-0
                          Merrimack 1-1
                          Northeastern 2-0
                          UNH 1-1
                          UND 1-0-1 (both home games)
                          PC 1-1
                          Vermont 2-0

14-5-1. Probably too high, but I a) don't really want to think of losing a series to anyone this year and b) think the lower half teams are the ones that Lowell absolutely needs to capitalize on.
                          Monty

Comment

I wonder if we'll see some of the regulars sit and play some of the depth players on Saturday?
                            Monty

Comment

I wonder if we'll see some of the regulars sit and play some of the depth players on Saturday?
                              Hmm.

Comment

Working...
                              X