Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ferris State University Hockey: 2013-2014 season

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    No. Hammer smiled an awful lot a couple seasons ago.

Our effort tonight, along with less than stellar goaltender for a long spell, led to a 4-2 hole. If we do that tomorrow night we're going to get roasted.
    I agree with this. What they have going for them though is that this team stays pretty collected and calm about wins and losses. The hope is that they get some rest and focus on what they need to improve upon for tomorrows game. I think they know they can't play like they did tonight, what remains to be seen is what they will do about it.

My family at the game said that we played well in the 3rd and in overtime, the problem was too many stretches where we were just flat, something that definitely needs to be addressed.

But for now I'm going to take the rest of the night to be excited/RELIEVED that we won and begin the worrying again tomorrow (where I will actually get to be there).

Comment

I thought we looked poor for about a 25-30 minute stretch between the end of the 1st and most of the 2nd period.

As for tomorrow night, I'm good regardless of what happens. We're playing next weekend and we didn't shart ourselves this weekend. I'm content.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Good luck tomorrow Ferris State fans. Hope you get your first playoff conference championship in school history.
        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          I thought we looked poor for about a 25-30 minute stretch between the end of the 1st and most of the 2nd period.

As for tomorrow night, I'm good regardless of what happens. We're playing next weekend and we didn't shart ourselves this weekend. I'm content.
          I went from cheering to being slumped over in my seat...... back to cheering. I agree that that they didn't play well for large parts of the game, but they did when it counted. They will need to play all 60 minutes if they want to win tonight.

I hope they top 6000 fans tonight. It was still loud last night.

Go Ferris!

Comment

I thought the Ferris defensive coverage wasn't good at times, particularly during that stretch. A lot of Anchorage guys were getting open in good scoring position. Also a lot of Ferris turnovers in the defensive end. Motte looked like he was fighting the puck at times. Pretty juicy rebound on the 3rd Anchorage goal. It took going down by 2 goals to wake the Bulldogs back up. Won some big face offs in the offensive end down the stretch. That almost won it for you in the last minute of regulation; it did win it for you in OT.

Comment

• Originally posted by golfhawkins View Post
              I went from cheering to being slumped over in my seat...... back to cheering. I agree that that they didn't play well for large parts of the game, but they did when it counted. They will need to play all 60 minutes if they want to win tonight.

I hope they top 6000 fans tonight. It was still loud last night.

Go Ferris!
              Agreed. It would be great to see more fans make it but I must say it was a pretty good atmosphere and a great game last night. Tons of fun.

9 shots through the first period and a half though isn't going to get it done, especially if CJ is having an off night. Let's go Dawgs!
              Ferris State University - 2012 Frozen Four

Comment

There seems to be some confusion as to TV coverage tonight. FoxSportsDetroit shows the game on, but USCHO and College Hockey News show no TV coverage. Any help is appreciated, as I have to find a bar in Florida, if it's on. And I don't want to PI** off the Bball crowd, unless I have to!

Comment

Originally posted by hanasoni View Post
                  There seems to be some confusion as to TV coverage tonight. FoxSportsDetroit shows the game on, but USCHO and College Hockey News show no TV coverage. Any help is appreciated, as I have to find a bar in Florida, if it's on. And I don't want to PI** off the Bball crowd, unless I have to!
                  It will be on one of the Fox College Sports channels (I believe Central, but I'm not at home to check my TiVo to be sure).

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

It wasn't the outcome I wanted but I think there are positives to take away. We were great in the second period but overall MSU was on their game and we couldn't capitalize on the chances we did have (and we had some great ones).

The refs were terrible. There were several obvious hooks that should have been penalties and an assist should go to the ref for MSU's third goal.

Overall it was a fun game to attend (up to the third goal at least), I sat next to some UAA fans who were probably the coolest college hockey fans I've ever met in my life.

Hopefully they can use this as motivation for next weekend. There is a selection show party in town.

Comment

Colgate in Cincinnati. 4:30 on Friday. Winner to meet Wisconsin/North Dakota.
                      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Colgate in Cincinnati. 4:30 on Friday. Winner to meet Wisconsin/North Dakota.
                        There should be plenty of game tape to watch over the next four days.
                        "What I get paid for are the practices, I would play the games for nothing."
                        - Tim Horton

Ferris State University
                        CCHA Champions 2003 & 2012

Comment

Got my ESPN3 ready to go for when I get out of work at 4:30 on Friday. Hopefully, a bar or two in town can handle getting in on a big screen for the fans that don't make the trip. I'd assume they can afford a Chromecast or two.
                          This space for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by bueller View Post
                            Got my ESPN3 ready to go for when I get out of work at 4:30 on Friday. Hopefully, a bar or two in town can handle getting in on a big screen for the fans that don't make the trip. I'd assume they can afford a Chromecast or two.
                            But you have to have licensing to do that in a public place.

I'll be rooting the Dawgs on from here in Huntsville!

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

See you on Friday for the sixth time in the past 3 years. Crazy.
                              Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Good luck in the NCAAs. Let's carry the WCHA name with pride!

Comment

Working...
                                X