Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ferris State University Hockey: 2013-2014 season

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Oh it does not upset us. It really is hilarious to us when people call us Alaska. We don't get Fox Sports North but hopefully our local cable company can show it like they have been.
    The GCI schedule lists games on channel 302 (FCSC). It shows games at 10-12:30 am and 6:30-9:00 pm. The championship game on Saturday is from 3-5:30 on channel 301. The WCHA website lists the Friday games as being set for 2:07 pm and 7:07 pm ET, so that jives with the early game being played at 10:00, but not the late game. Hmmm. But then again, we are talking about GCI.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by golfhawkins View Post
      I hope that a lot of Ferris fan purchase tickets for both games. Ticket sales have been slow in Grand Rapids. I just hope we don't hold a league championship with a 1/4 full barn. I think BG will travel well. I'm not so sure about MSU, it's a long way. I has to be 8-10 hours one way.
      I got a ticket yesterday in the center section row 8. They will need to move a lot of tickets this week or that place will feel empty. Hoping as many Ferris fans as possible make it. Having both Ferris & BGSU make it is a pretty good a scenario for the conference (certainly a couple UP schools may have helped), but poor attendance this year probably doesn't bode well for future attendance.

Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post
      we'd travel a lot better if game time wasn't 2PM on Friday. bah.
      at least it's on SportsTime Ohio for folks who aren't working.
      home ice advantage to Ferris--both for location and game time.
      Agreed, but this was probably the best option for attendance as well. Hoping BGSU has a strong showing though!
      Ferris State University - 2012 Frozen Four

Comment

Originally posted by golfhawkins View Post
        Eight goals! I think the last time Ferris scored 8 goals in a game was 2003 and that was a home game against Bowling Green. I wish we didn't have playoff games over the spring break of the students. The place was half full and needed the students to make it loud. Well, lets hope for a sweep tonight and move onto Grand Rapids. I think that Ferris might have a very good crowd in GR.
        They scored 8 or 9 in a game against Ohio State when I was still there a few years ago. I remember, because it was the only time that third/fourth string goalie Jordan Barber ever played. (And he retired with a 100% save percentage!)

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          1-0, 8:15 to go in the 1st. Busted glass in front of the student section.
          I saw the picture of that, what a sight!

I've been a lousy Ferris fan the last year or two since leaving Michigan, but it's good to see the program is still doing great. Top of the new conference and apparently the games are selling as well as ever. Winning certainly helps that.

Comment

and next year they want to play in the 20,000 set xcel center>>>

Comment

3/17 USCHO.com Poll

1 Minnesota
              2 Union
              3 Boston College
              4 Ferris State

Sure looks familiar.
              Ferris State University - 2012 Frozen Four

Comment

Originally posted by Jwilly48 View Post
                3/17 USCHO.com Poll

1 Minnesota
                2 Union
                3 Boston College
                4 Ferris State

Sure looks familiar.
                biennial powerhouses
                "What I get paid for are the practices, I would play the games for nothing."
                - Tim Horton

Ferris State University
                CCHA Champions 2003 & 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by hattrick16 View Post
                  biennial powerhouses
                  They're powerhouses every other year?
                  My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

• Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                    They're powerhouses every other year?
                    Yes. Those four made up the Frozen Four in Tampa.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                      Yes. Those four made up the Frozen Four in Tampa.
                      Gotcha.
                      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Congrats to ferris on a great win. I'm pulling for you guys the rest of the way.
                        Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Nice win Ferris. See you tomorrow!

Comment

I'll only say this. If we play like that tomorrow, we're going to get our asses kicked.
                            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                              I'll only say this. If we play like that tomorrow, we're going to get our asses kicked.
                              Hammer won't smile unless we win the national championship.

...that game was exhausting.

Go Dawgs!
                              Last edited by hattrick16; 03-21-2014, 09:00 PM.
                              "What I get paid for are the practices, I would play the games for nothing."
                              - Tim Horton

Ferris State University
                              CCHA Champions 2003 & 2012

Comment

No. Hammer smiled an awful lot a couple seasons ago.

Our effort tonight, along with less than stellar goaltender for a long spell, led to a 4-2 hole. If we do that tomorrow night we're going to get roasted.
                                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X