Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ferris State University Hockey: 2013-2014 season

Originally posted by Deejpuck View Post
    The key part of Ferris' success is defending their home ice advantage, we are doing pretty good job winning almost all of our home games, and spilt on roads... If we continue doing that, we will end up doing fine and on other note, it s nice to see several freshmen playing bigger roles, getting some goals and points... which will body well for the future!! Keep it up!!
    You may be entirely correct going forward, but as of now Ferris is 4-1-1 at home and 4-1-0 on the road. So success has been ubiquitous.

Alaska will be a great series and then I am very interested to see how the Bulldogs do during their six game road stretch against the fellow Michigan schools. Hopefully the fans travel!
    "What I get paid for are the practices, I would play the games for nothing."
    - Tim Horton

Ferris State University
    CCHA Champions 2003 & 2012

Comment

Here's an interesting article breaking down the game tying goal Friday night: http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/wcha...ame-tying-goal
      - Tim Horton

Ferris State University

Comment

Since we don't have a series thread, here are some of the Fairbanks previews. Good luck, but not too much luck, this weekend.

http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com/201...erris.html?m=1

http://m.newsminer.com/sports/uaf_na....html?mode=jqm

http://alaskananooks.com/news/2013/1...x?path=mhockey

Game notes from the UAF athletic department: http://alaskananooks.com/custompages...menotes-11.pdf
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Up to 6th in the USCHO poll. Any thoughts on the upcoming UP road trip?
          - Tim Horton

Ferris State University

Comment

#4 Providence at #5 Quinnipiac on Sportsnet New York tonight. We are #6... what do you think the best result for the Bulldogs will be tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by DominicHennig View Post
              #4 Providence at #5 Quinnipiac on Sportsnet New York tonight. We are #6... what do you think the best result for the Bulldogs will be tonight?
              From a pairwise standpoint, probably the teams that you played (and beat) that played either team and beat them. Stop worrying about the polls as much as the other things that get your team into the tourney. Winning will take care of the polls.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                From a pairwise standpoint, probably the teams that you played (and beat) that played either team and beat them. Stop worrying about the polls as much as the other things that get your team into the tourney. Winning will take care of the polls.
                I agree. It's nice to be ranked highly but still gotta win games. My only concern is that our strength on schedule is weaker this year than in the CCHA days so just having a good record may not be as valuable as it has been in past seasons.
                - Tim Horton

Ferris State University

Comment

Originally posted by hattrick16 View Post
                  I agree. It's nice to be ranked highly but still gotta win games. My only concern is that our strength on schedule is weaker this year than in the CCHA days so just having a good record may not be as valuable as it has been in past seasons.
                  SoS is an element, true, but winning overcomes that, especially on the road where there is a bonus. The (new) WCHA isn't as strong as the CCHA was, but it is stronger than the AHA. Winning the conference tourney is going to be really important.

Comment

Great win! I don't want to overanalyze it, but after watching the highlights it looks like Ferris was really able to take advantage of the large ice surface. They looked like they had a lot of room to pass, skate and rip some shots. Maybe olympic ice will be good for us. I think tonight's game and the Mariucci Classic will let us know for sure.
                    - Tim Horton

Ferris State University

Comment

Another good weekend! Next weekend in the Soo is gonna be big!

Go Dawgs!
                      - Tim Horton

Ferris State University

Comment

I watched both games on America One this last weekend. I think they played better Saturday than Friday, but could not stay out of the box. I’m looking forward to a great weekend. The Lakers at the Soo should be tough. Go Ferris!!

Comment

Yeah, taking a major in the last minute of regulation of a tie game is probably not the best way to win a hockey game. For the most part we've moved past doing that on a regular basis.
                          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Ferris has three keys to victory this weekend.

The first: Avoid multiple penalties in a row. The top lines get burnt out on the PK.

Second: Avoid getting trapped on the boards moving to neutral ice. They have been doing a great job getting to and through neutral ice. This has to continue.

Three: They must start taking better shots from the point. They have players that can take one timers and create good rebounds. They must avoid shooting into players and giving the other teams fast breaks. This creates energy and makes the other team skate around a lot for the puck.

Lets get a sweep and take a strangle hold on the WCHA!!!

Comment

Good win. Although we have a tendency to let the opponents climb back into the game. It would be nice to put together a complete 60 minutes of hockey.

Get 'em again tomorrow.

Go Dawgs!
                              - Tim Horton

Ferris State University

Comment

Congratulations on sweeping us. You guys looked VERY VERY VERY good and are the team to beat in the WCHA.
                                LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Working...
                                X