Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ferris State University Hockey: 2013-2014 season

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
    An early head's up and questions for next weekend. I'll be there Saturday for the BSU game (looks like an hour and a half from Traverse City). The family wants to run to Grand Rapids first. Any can't miss attractions in either town? Thanks!
    To be honest, not much to see in BR. Grand Rapids is a nice place to spend the day, but nothing specific comes to mind (especially in November).
    "What I get paid for are the practices, I would play the games for nothing."
    - Tim Horton

Ferris State University
    CCHA Champions 2003 & 2012

Comment

I'll be on the lookout for Ferris colors in the VBC this weekend. For those of you following along in Michigan, I'm the guy one the WCHA.tv broadcast. You may throw all of your rocks at me. I will accept them.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Speaking of prep, I'm looking at the Ferris roster and praying that the line chart helps me out. I think I know how Czarnowczan is pronounced. Is Denis the English pronunciation or the French? He's from BC so there's nothing pointing me one way or the other. Is Motte MOTT or MOT-tee? Is Buzzeo BUH-zee-oh? Is Klecha KLEH-chuh, KLAY-chuh, KLEE-chuh, or something different?

Thanks for any and all help.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
          Speaking of prep, I'm looking at the Ferris roster and praying that the line chart helps me out. I think I know how Czarnowczan is pronounced. Is Denis the English pronunciation or the French? He's from BC so there's nothing pointing me one way or the other. Is Motte MOTT or MOT-tee? Is Buzzeo BUH-zee-oh? Is Klecha KLEH-chuh, KLAY-chuh, KLEE-chuh, or something different?

GFM
          I'll get back to this after Trick or Treat.
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Czarnowczan = zar-NOW-zen

Denis = deh-KNEE

Motte = MOTT

Buzzeo = BUZZ-ee-oh, I think

Klecha = KLEH-chuh

God, that was fun...

Comment

GFM
              Originally posted by Hammer View Post

Denis = deh-KNEE

Motte = MOTT

Klecha = KLEH-chuh
              And from what I've heard, Ferris is sending radio talent, so he should be able to help you out as well.

An early head's up and questions for next weekend. I'll be there Saturday for the BSU game (looks like an hour and a half from Traverse City). The family wants to run to Grand Rapids first. Any can't miss attractions in either town? Thanks!
              I won't get into Grand Rapids, but Big Rapids has a lot to offer. On Ferris' campus the Card Wildlife Center and Jim Crow Museum are both worth a look if they're open. Big Rapids has three resale shops and an antique store in downtown that are worth a look if that's what you're into. Also, Artworks downtown is also a good stop as it showcases both local and regional artists in both a gift shop and gallery. Big Rapids also has several local restaurants that are off the beaten path an worth a look. Feel free to email me with any other questions.
              This space for sale.

Comment

Denis = deh-KNEE

Motte = MOTT

Klecha = KLEH-chuh
                Thanks a lot, Hammer. I really appreciate this.

I'm not sure where Ferris radio will be in the tower of power that is the expanded SID/media area at the Von Braun Center, but I'm sure we'll cross paths. Is it still Dominic?

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by bueller View Post
                  I won't get into Grand Rapids, but Big Rapids has a lot to offer. On Ferris' campus the Card Wildlife Center and Jim Crow Museum are both worth a look if they're open. Big Rapids has three resale shops and an antique store in downtown that are worth a look if that's what you're into. Also, Artworks downtown is also a good stop as it showcases both local and regional artists in both a gift shop and gallery. Big Rapids also has several local restaurants that are off the beaten path an worth a look. Feel free to email me with any other questions.
                  Good stuff - thanks! And the best news of yesterday, my work schedule came out, and we'll be able to make it to both Friday and Saturday games! Plus got the hotel (Quality Inn) walking distance from the rink. Next Friday can't get here soon enough...
                  Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                  B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                  CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                  ECAC:
                  HEA: UMass
                  NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                  Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by bueller View Post
                    Big Rapids has three resale shops and an antique store in downtown that are worth a look if that's what you're into.
                    I'm not sure I'd consider the Pioneer store a "can't miss attraction" but I hope you enjoy your visit nonetheless, Moose.

Maybe stop at Schuberg's Bar for a Schuberger after the game or swing by Cranker's Brewery for a Big Rapids microbrew. Hopefully it's a great weekend of hockey!
                    "What I get paid for are the practices, I would play the games for nothing."
                    - Tim Horton

Ferris State University
                    CCHA Champions 2003 & 2012

Comment

Good stuff - thanks! And the best news of yesterday, my work schedule came out, and we'll be able to make it to both Friday and Saturday games! Plus got the hotel (Quality Inn) walking distance from the rink. Next Friday can't get here soon enough...
                      NOOOO, not the Quality Inn. I believe that is where Bob and I stayed. The first room we were in didn't have hot water, so they moved us. The second room we were in had very limited heat. But they did let us take the fridge from the first room to the second room with our beer in it since the second room didn't have one!!!

Hopefully it has been upgraded since then.
                      Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                      FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                      NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                      NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                      NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                      NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                      Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                      Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by hattrick16 View Post
                        I'm not sure I'd consider the Pioneer store a "can't miss attraction" but I hope you enjoy your visit nonetheless, Moose.
                        That's why I didn't mention it.
                        This space for sale.

Comment

Thanks a lot, Hammer. I really appreciate this.

I'm not sure where Ferris radio will be in the tower of power that is the expanded SID/media area at the Von Braun Center, but I'm sure we'll cross paths. Is it still Dominic?

GFM
                          Glad to help, as little as it may be. You've got more than enough to worry about down there.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Glad to help, as little as it may be. You've got more than enough to worry about down there.
                            Y'all took it to us tonight. 3 PPG and a fourth goal six seconds after the penalty expired. Good work, great puck movement, got the shot through screens.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Nice sweep, now we will see where Ferris stand after big series against BSU this weekend, I dont know how well Ferris matched up with BSU but should be great series, keep it up!! GOOO DAWGS!!
                              Born-raised Ferris State fan!

Comment

Originally posted by Deejpuck View Post
                                Nice sweep, now we will see where Ferris stand after big series against BSU this weekend, I dont know how well Ferris matched up with BSU but should be great series, keep it up!! GOOO DAWGS!!
                                I think that you can do a pretty straightforward comparison between FSU and Bemidji by using UAH, who has already played both. We had better team defense on both Saturday nights, so you may want to focus on those. Walsh is legit, and Tommy Serratore is riding him right now. I'd say that the offensive firepower is fairly equivalent.

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X