X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammer
    replied
    Re: Ferris State University Hockey: 2013-2014 season

Maybe I didn't put that the best. Obviously this team isn't going to win the league with 13 conference wins. But it's going to be almost impossible to catch Ferris if there's a split in Mankato this weekend. If Ferris sweeps, they might win this league by 10 points. Everyone else in the league right now has at least 6 conference losses, with the exception of NMU. Ferris has yet to take their first (although I do not expect that to continue).
    Last edited by Hammer; 01-12-2014, 11:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• aygwm2
    replied

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    One win probably salts away the league title.
    May we quote you on this seven or eight weeks from now?

I suspect @ MSU-M, @ Tech, NMU, @ BSU, AA, @ UA_, and LSSU will have something to do with "salting away the league title."

Leave a comment:

• Hammer
    replied

One win probably salts away the league title. MSU-M got swept in Anchorage this weekend. BG sits in 2nd place, 5 points back, but we've got 4 games in hand with them, and we're done with them for the year. We've also got 2 games in hand with MSU-M, and a 6 point lead there.

Leave a comment:

• golfhawkins
    replied

Well it was not the best weekend of hockey for Ferris. I will give credit to Tech for great effort and have the ability to clog up neutral ice. Ferris couldn't get the puck moving up and out of the defensive zone with regularity. Ferris played hard, but didn't look sharp most of the time. I do think they are missing Cory Kane. He fore checks so well and creates great scoring opportunities.

It should be a great series next weekend up at minn state. This weekend should go a long way in deciding who wins the WCHA this year.

Go DOGS!

Leave a comment:

• UMICH
    replied

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/01/...nd-tournament/

Leave a comment:

• bueller
    replied

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    What happened, y'all?

GFM
    Doesn't matter, but I'm glad it happened out in Minny. Better to end the streak on the road in a non-conference game. It was good run while it lasted. Now let's get going again against Tech.

Leave a comment:

• Hammer
    replied

We didn't score. *shrug* I think that's the 2nd time Colgate has shut us out this season.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

What happened, y'all?

GFM

Leave a comment:

• AKJD
    replied

Pause whichever one is ahead until they match up. Easier said than done, though, especially with a longer delay.

Leave a comment:

• golfhawkins
    replied

I'm glad that minn washed out. Now we don't have to listen to all the hype about the Golden Ground Moles. Ferris verses Colgate should be a great game today. Sounds like Ferris didn't loose much over x-mass break and even missing two top players. Lets hope they can put it together again today.

Has anyone figured out a way to sync our radio announcers,(which are very good),and the video from America one during league play for away games. I like to watch the video but listen to our announcers. I seems that there is about a 20 second difference. Any suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• Hammer
    replied

I would have liked to have seen that one, too. But the results are what they are. Play the team in front of us and go from there.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

I'm sad that Minny didn't hold up their end of the bargain.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• hattrick16
    replied

Game day has finally arrived. I am nervous with all this #1 vs. #2 hype. Ferris has to stay focused on RPI and come out hard like they did in Ann Arbor. Only two losses this season, but both were to ECAC teams. I think if they do it right the big ice may actually be an advantage in game one.

Go Dawgs!

Leave a comment:

• DominicHennig
    replied

That other network was the Big Ten Network:

Minnesota announced that the 7 p.m. central game on Saturday night will be broadcast nationally on BTN and streamed on BTN2Go.com

Regardless if Minnesota wins or loses tomorrow night, they will play at 7 central/8 eastern on the Big Ten Network. That means if Minnesota loses, the championship game will be played at 4/5 on Saturday without TV coverage.

Leave a comment:

• DominicHennig
    replied

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
    Yeah, it's really too bad. FSN needs another Alternate Channel. Or just broadcast it on Fox College Sports. I realize there are probably financial restraints to doing either, but it really sucks that this potential matchup won't be televised.
    Here's the update with TV on Saturday night at 7/8pm:

FOX Sports North: Minnesota Wild
    FOX Sports North +: Minnesota Timberwolves
    FOX Sports Detroit: Detroit Red Wings
    NBC Sports: Notre Dame @ Boston College
    CBS Sports: College Basketball - Harvard @ Rice
    ESPNU: College Basketball - Indiana State @ Evansville
    FCSA: Anchorage @ Wisco
    FCSC: College Basketball - Texas A&M @ Oral Roberts
    FCSP: College Basketball - Eastern Kentucky @ Southern Illinois

So basically, every network that broadcasts college hockey is broadcasting live content that night. There is one network left that officials are working to finalize details to broadcast the Minnesota 7/8pm Saturday night game. Will be announced ASAP.

Regardless, although Minnesota does not typically video stream their games, they will be streaming all 4 this weekend on www.GopherSports.com.

www.***********/DominicHennig

Ferris State Hockey Video Center: http://www.ferrisstatebulldogs.com/s...riucci_Classic
    Last edited by DominicHennig; 12-31-2013, 11:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X