This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

Will the other RB finally play on Saturday?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Diebold and the post kept the score from being even higher for Harvard last night. Great turnout by the RPI fans and the Pep Band for making the trip out. My friend said to me it feels like a RPI home game there was so many RPI fans there.
      Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Is anyone else concerned, it is now 5 periods of hockey since we have scored a goal and now that we are in league play we have yet to win. I'm already starting to feel like it will be just another year.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jim View Post
          Is anyone else concerned, it is now 5 periods of hockey since we have scored a goal and now that we are in league play we have yet to win. I'm already starting to feel like it will be just another year.
          There really is no such thing as "just another year" for RPI. There has been little consistency from one year to the next under Seth. But the overall trend has been upward which is a good sign.

Also, we didn't win a league game last year until our seventh game, and that worked out okay. Team is in a funk, they'll pull out of it, but it might involve another lineup switch or two.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
            Diebold and the post kept the score from being even higher for Harvard last night. Great turnout by the RPI fans and the Pep Band for making the trip out. My friend said to me it feels like a RPI home game there was so many RPI fans there.
            Didn't the crossbar help Harvard on one shot from Haggerty also though?
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

My concern is on that track, but different. We have yet to play a sixty minute game this year. I don't think we've even played a second period halfway decently yet. In our non-league matchups, and yes I include Sacred Heart, we were lucky to win. I'm not at all surprised we haven't won a league game yet, despite the sample.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                My concern is on that track, but different. We have yet to play a sixty minute game this year. I don't think we've even played a second period halfway decently yet. In our non-league matchups, and yes I include Sacred Heart, we were lucky to win. I'm not at all surprised we haven't won a league game yet, despite the sample.
                Have any of our opponents played 60 minutes?
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  Have any of our opponents played 60 minutes?
                  BC did for sure.

Comment

BC did for sure.
                    being outshot 13-2 in the 1st period might say otherwise.
                    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                      being outshot 13-2 in the 1st period might say otherwise.
                      So true-you don't have to play 60 minutes every night to win(it sure helps though). But you do have to come out in each period with drive, ferocity, and poise. And you have to do the same at the close of each period. We seem to give up an all important goal early or late in some periods-and it kills us. I remember an old coach saying that it is most important to win the fist 5 minutes and the last 5 minutes of every period. Before anyone panics-other than the plethora of goals BC lpushed in after we played them very tough for over 25 minutes-no one has really blown us off our skates. Should we have won the other night against Harvard? Well, you should be able to play better once you have a 3-0 lead. Last night-we just did not get that 1 goal(or 2 goals) that we needed. It happens. If our defense does not give up that extremely early goal in the second period-we might be singing a different tune right now. That may have been the difference. Harvard may just be a very good team that played super against us. Let's all hope we respond well to this and go up to DC and play a better game. i am sure SA will figure out what we need to do-and i do thing we have the weapons to do what he wants.

Comment

BC did for sure.
                        Didn't we dominate the first period even though we weren't leading?

Edit: As turk wrote.
                        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-02-2013, 12:18 PM. Reason: read more posts
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Perhaps you and Flag Dude can go somewhere and have a self immolation ritual.

Relax... it's early in the year. Better now than in the playoffs. It's hockey folks. The best team does not always win. The best team doesn't always play better than the lesser team. You may wish to go take a statistics class too if that will help at all.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post

Relax... it's early in the year. Better now than in the playoffs. It's hockey folks. The best team does not always win. The best team doesn't always play better than the lesser team. You may wish to go take a statistics class too if that will help at all.
                            I typically did everyone's statistics homework; I'm quite understanding of how that all goes.

Obviously it's too much to ask for some consistency? Or at least to not be consistently **** in a certain period?

Comment

The C&C weekend is coming up... time to enjoy some home cooking and pick up some points!
                              Here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post

You have it so right. I love the statistics we quote but sports results are not just based on past performances. Match ups at any given time are crucial-a hockey game is 60 minutes long and you may get 5-10 good chances total in a game. The difference between scoring on 2 or 4 of them is HUGE. And some of those scores come off tips, deflections, screens of the goalie, a skate losing an edge, a goal post, etc. If stats meant that much, everyone would win all their bets.

Comment

Working...
                                X