This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

Apparently Friday night is superhero night, wear a costume or just a t-shirt and enter to win tickets to the new Thor movie and other prizes.

https://***********/Sachi_Ena/status...599360/photo/1

Friday Cornell's band will also be at the game.

Saturday is Greek Appreciation night so expect most of the fraternities/sororities to be there. Should be a fun weekend! Wish I could be there.

Comment

Brock Higgs was nominated for ECAC POTW, and Scott Diebold was nominated for GOTW, however neither won as Quinnipiac swept the awards.

http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2013-1..._Weekly_Awards

Comment

Ryan Haggerty is your undisputed nation's goal leader with 10. He is also tied for most PPG with 4.

Currently, the team is 4.00 GF/G, with 2.12 GA/G. We make the second least trips to the box in the country at 7.5 PIM/G (likely to change since we're playing Cornell on Friday), 22.9% on the PP and 85.2% on the kill.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Ryan Haggerty is your undisputed nation's goal leader with 10. He is also tied for most PPG with 4.

Currently, the team is 4.00 GF/G, with 2.12 GA/G. We make the second least trips to the box in the country at 7.5 PIM/G (likely to change since we're playing Cornell on Friday), 22.9% on the PP and 85.2% on the kill.
          Saw those stats in a few places already-thanks for putting them together. I cannot remember us having a +1.88 goal differential in our favor in a long time. Very early in the season to draw any sort of conclusion-but that differential obviously was affected negatively by BC quite a bit or else we might be at the top of the list of Division I schools. All of this just points to what a nice start we have had. You are right though about the penalty minutes-now that we face the ECAC teams we should see those numbers rise accordingly. The way we have looked on the penalty kill makes me feel a bit more comfortable that we can handle that as long as we are not put down 2 men for too long.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            Saw those stats in a few places already-thanks for putting them together. I cannot remember us having a +1.88 goal differential in our favor in a long time. Very early in the season to draw any sort of conclusion-but that differential obviously was affected negatively by BC quite a bit or else we might be at the top of the list of Division I schools. All of this just points to what a nice start we have had. You are right though about the penalty minutes-now that we face the ECAC teams we should see those numbers rise accordingly. The way we have looked on the penalty kill makes me feel a bit more comfortable that we can handle that as long as we are not put down 2 men for too long.
            Correct. The last time we were higher than that was 84-85 at 3.82. The highest since 84-85 was 1.56 in 93-94.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              Correct. The last time we were higher than that was 84-85 at 3.82. The highest since 84-85 was 1.56 in 93-94.
              I did not know the numbers from back then but it seemed like it had been a long time. It has to be a really more relaxed feeling when we can build up a 2 or more goal lead and play while ahead. No time to rest on our laurels though-the ECAC schedule will be very demandingand I am sure we will see a ton of special teams play. This may not be a crucial weekedn but it sure is a statement weekend. Coming away with 3 or more points and we are solidly in the top 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                Deafening silence on the Kasdorf front. Seems like they are going the rehab route -- to see how it responds. Then again, he could've already had surgery for all we know...
                Ken Schott just reported on his blog and twitter that Kasdorf will be having season ending shoulder surgery. Good luck and health to the young man, hopefully the surgery goes well.
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                  Ken Schott just reported on his blog and twitter that Kasdorf will be having season ending shoulder surgery. Good luck and health to the young man, hopefully the surgery goes well.
                  It sucks for this season, but it's probably for the best. He'll definitely qualify for a medical redshirt, and hopefully he'll come back strong next season. I can't help but wonder if this will turn the Jets off of him and allow him to play out more of his eligibility with us. They'll at least wait to see how he does when he comes back next year (assuming he takes the starting spot back from Diebold).
                  RPI Pep Band
                  GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                  🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                  2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                  2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Ken actually quoted Appert as saying he would probably be having surgery, but reading between the lines it seems inevitable. Hopefully he comes back 100%. http://dailygazette.com/weblogs/scho...-to-have-seas/

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                      It sucks for this season, but it's probably for the best. He'll definitely qualify for a medical redshirt, and hopefully he'll come back strong next season. I can't help but wonder if this will turn the Jets off of him and allow him to play out more of his eligibility with us. They'll at least wait to see how he does when he comes back next year (assuming he takes the starting spot back from Diebold).
                      Not my favorite joint to have surgery performed. I have had it twice. The mechanics of the shoulder are a bit complicated in humans(not somuch in many other animals like dogs who have no clavicles). There is no doubt in my mind that any surgery will be successful-as judged by whether the shoulder will improve so that it will not dislocate or separate as easily. What just cannot be predicted-is whether a top athlete having this surgery will retain or regain the range of motion he had before. That range being most crucial for certain sports(tennis, golf) and even more so for certain position players in other sports(pitchers, quarterbacks). Whatever happens, surgery or not, here's wishing this extremely talented young man a totally successful recovery. I am selfish and would want him back in cherry and white for next year-but could fully understand if he chooses otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                        I guess that was inevitable. Good luck to him, and hopefully he will realize the value of an education with a hockey career that can end at any moment.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good Luck to Kasdorf. Better to take care of it now and be confident in the shoulder's stability than affecting your confidence or having continual problems.
                          RPI is lucky to have Diebold to step in.
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                            Good Luck to Kasdorf. Better to take care of it now and be confident in the shoulder's stability than affecting your confidence or having continual problems.
                            RPI is SMART to have Diebold to step in.
                            fyp-luck has little or nothing to do with good foresight and planning.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                              Ken actually quoted Appert as saying he would probably be having surgery, but reading between the lines it seems inevitable. Hopefully he comes back 100%. http://dailygazette.com/weblogs/scho...-to-have-seas/
                              Wishing Kasdorf a speedy and full recovery. He is a very talented individual.
                              What was that about a broken bone or bone fragments? I had not seen any mention of that kind of injury before this article.
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

Dumas all weekend? Fun.
                                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                                X