Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

    Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    Not to be a Debbie Downer but I really don't like the Li'l Bo Beef pairing. Maybe they just need more time together but they weren't on the same page all night. Probably explains how both were a -1 in a 7-1 win.
    I wonder if it was more of a matter that Appert was looking at the chemistry of some of the other players, and by luck of the draw, those two ended up together. Leonard and Bradley are great on the 2nd PP unit, and perhaps Coach wanted to see how they'd play together in even strength situations. I believe we've already figured out that Reno and Curadi are playing well together thus far. Who does that leave you?

    Given LeBœuf was an effective -2 on the weekend (-1 by the box, but the goal he was on the ice for was a Laliberté-Haggerty faceoff move), in the BU GA it looked as if he was playing sort of a zone instead of collapsing to mark the man on an obvious break and got caught out of position, and with the SHU GA as I said in the score thread, I understand they were looking to break out, but that's why you have forwards and your D pair stays even with the puck to give options against the press. It looks like there will be some work being done in practice this week before the UNH game.

    Comment


    • Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

      Who is Sam Mayasich? https://twitter.com/SethAppert/statu...61582994124801

      Welcome @Mayasich08 to RPI Hockey Family. Excited for you to join our coaching staff.
      and is he related to John?

      Edit: Grandnephew.
      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-20-2013, 04:22 AM.
      sigpic

      Let's Go 'Tute!

      Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

      2012 Poser Of The Year

      Comment


      • Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

        Originally posted by turk181 View Post
        Not to be a Debbie Downer but I really don't like the Li'l Bo Beef pairing. Maybe they just need more time together but they weren't on the same page all night. Probably explains how both were a -1 in a 7-1 win.
        Thank you Turk-i have been saying that since the BC game. Their communication and chemistry is suspect. mentioned it after the SH goal on the thread last night. I am sure, however, that SA is on top of this. There will be something done before UNH i would surmise.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

        Comment


        • Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

          Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          Thank you Turk-i have been saying that since the BC game. Their communication and chemistry is suspect. mentioned it after the SH goal on the thread last night. I am sure, however, that SA is on top of this. There will be something done before UNH i would surmise.
          I think we will see a few tweeks when the games count. When Schroeder gets healthy, he will replace one of the freshmen, and I think that Fulton might replace the other. Wood has been good, but I think he should watch a game or two, he has been good in the offensive zone, but needs to work on his defensive zone play. I think that he is going to be a good one. DeVito is just a step behind him. He also is going to be good. Reno is already good.
          The depth on this team gets better with every game.
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
          Gary Player

          Comment


          • Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

            Solid weekend for the team to build upon. Haggerty is playing out of his mind right now. Good test coming up on Saturday night and then a Harvard team who has the talent once again it seems, but do they have the ability to put it all together. Our Great Coach will have the guys ready to go for sure.
            Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

            Comment


            • Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

              Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
              I think we will see a few tweeks when the games count. When Schroeder gets healthy, he will replace one of the freshmen, and I think that Fulton might replace the other. Wood has been good, but I think he should watch a game or two, he has been good in the offensive zone, but needs to work on his defensive zone play. I think that he is going to be a good one. DeVito is just a step behind him. He also is going to be good. Reno is already good.
              The depth on this team gets better with every game.
              All true-3 and 11 are individually quite good. I really like Dolan on the PP point. But playing together they often times just seem out of sync and it is in several aspects of the game. They have not been forcefully clearing the puck out of the zone when we need to releive the pressure on goal and they have been out of position relative to each other just a bit oo often and it has already cost-as evidenced by the +/- ratings. They are far too good to sit so maybe SA looks at some pairing tweak or some extra practice together doing some of the fundamentals together. It certainly has not been a disaster-with Scotty pitching 2 one hitters but if the games were closer, it could have been more important. Just my 2˘ as usual but even with a 3-1 start and some decent success always have to find something to improve. I have tried to find something to complain about with the start this season of Haggerty, but so far so good.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

              Comment


              • Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

                Good win by the boys last night. Outcome was never in doubt...a little too much free skating our end in the 3rd -- physicality was missing. A better team would've buried a few chances. As has been said, Hags is competing at another level now -- he'll challenge for a league scoring title if he can maintain this early pace.

                Good effort by everyone at the tailgate -- seemed to be a record crowd probably 40+ parents and fans. Special thanks to Babo for putting it all together -- we had a mountain of food -- all of it delicious ! I think a repeat is in order! Looking forward to seeing UNH at HFH -- they'll provide a very stern test. GO RED
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

                Comment


                • Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

                  Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  All true-3 and 11 are individually quite good. I really like Dolan on the PP point. But playing together they often times just seem out of sync and it is in several aspects of the game. They have not been forcefully clearing the puck out of the zone when we need to releive the pressure on goal and they have been out of position relative to each other just a bit oo often and it has already cost-as evidenced by the +/- ratings. They are far too good to sit so maybe SA looks at some pairing tweak or some extra practice together doing some of the fundamentals together. It certainly has not been a disaster-with Scotty pitching 2 one hitters but if the games were closer, it could have been more important. Just my 2˘ as usual but even with a 3-1 start and some decent success always have to find something to improve. I have tried to find something to complain about with the start this season of Haggerty, but so far so good.
                  I dont think its a major problem --I think more practice time and they will gel. Seth doesn't have a ton of options, as the other pairings are playing well, so he won't want to mess with them. I'd be remiss if I didnt mention JL's contributions to Hags' early tear -- Jake has been excellent at both ends. His responsbility in our zone was excellent last night -- in short he is fast becoming a complete, two way player. His feeds to his linemates haven't been too bad either.
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

                  Comment


                  • Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

                    Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                    he'll challenge for a league scoring title if he can maintain this early pace.
                    He'll have a 60 goal season if he continues at this clip. That's challenging (and breaking) records, not just this year's scoring title.
                    RPI Pep Band
                    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

                    2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

                    Comment


                    • Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

                      I am so impressed with Haggerty's accuracy. In the past, his shots would have gone wide or high, this year he is picking spots and hitting them. I am sure that they all practice this daily, but if something clicked with him, we could be looking at a real scoring threat on every shift.
                      Laliberte has also added to the scoring by winning faceoffs clean and getting the puck to Hags. And best of all, we have two other lines that can score, so they can't concentrate too much on the JL line.
                      It all looks so promising, and then I remember, this is the ECAC. So I will just climb this wall of worry until we beat them all.
                      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                      Benjamin Franklin
                      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                      Gary Player

                      Comment


                      • Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

                        Doc, you asked me on the Score Thread if I was coming down to the PU game. I planted the seed in troyboy's & Aspy's ears last night. If I can convince someone to go....I'm there. I'm not driving down to Jersey on a Friday alone.
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

                        Comment


                        • Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

                          Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                          I am so impressed with Haggerty's accuracy. In the past, his shots would have gone wide or high, this year he is picking spots and hitting them. I am sure that they all practice this daily, but if something clicked with him, we could be looking at a real scoring threat on every shift.
                          Laliberte has also added to the scoring by winning faceoffs clean and getting the puck to Hags. And best of all, we have two other lines that can score, so they can't concentrate too much on the JL line.
                          It all looks so promising, and then I remember, this is the ECAC. So I will just climb this wall of worry until we beat them all.
                          EHF-I feel similarly. But will hold on any further jubilation until the end of the game this coming saturday. I was able to watch UNH on TV this year once-they do not look terribly big(although a couple of defensemen seemed large) but they seem very fast and they pressure the puck and forecheck both at full strength and particularly well when short handed(as they did last year). JL does a lot of things well and sees the ice and where people are or will be shortly. I also agree that faceoffs are crucial-especially deep in our zone and even more so on special teams. I understand SA doesn't like to talk much about momentum-but if this team can get on some sort of extended roll-it could be a very successful year. The ECAC looks even more formidable this year than last-and that is saying something. Like the old cliche-we will just have to take this one weekend at a time.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

                          Comment


                          • Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

                            Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                            Doc, you asked me on the Score Thread if I was coming down to the PU game. I planted the seed in troyboy's & Aspy's ears last night. If I can convince someone to go....I'm there. I'm not driving down to Jersey on a Friday alone.
                            I don't blame you-I do not drive without Jenny riding shotgun(literally). The tickets for the game are selling briskly-good seats for single locations can still be had and seating for 2 is also OK. Anything more than that and they are already filling the end zone. I don't quite understand it unless it is mostly RPI supporters since Princeton season tickets were not a hot item this year and the locals tend to just walk up to the box office for most games. After losing the last 2 years down here-it is time to win one. for those interested- http://www.goprincetontigers.com/Vie...ATCLID=3746163
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

                            Comment


                            • Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

                              Ed Weaver's article about SHU game http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...ick-sparks-rpi.
                              sigpic

                              Let's Go 'Tute!

                              Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                              2012 Poser Of The Year

                              Comment


                              • Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

                                Minnesota player scored his 5th goal friday nite against Bemid st. Announcers said he leads the nation in goals. Didn't last long after Haggerty's tenacity and rockets.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X