This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

An article in the Harrisburg Patriot-News previewing Penn State's opener (sorry, but I can't find a link) cites one of the Nittany Lions' defensemen as a standout. Coach Guy Gadowsky said the player is a big body, is very committed defensively, is tough to play against, has showed a lot of strength in the weight room, and has a confidence about him that has been noticed by everybody. Gadowsky also notes that the player has more NCAA experience than anybody else on the team.

The player in question is former RPI defenseman Patrick Koudys.

I thought about putting this on the alumni thread, but didn't think it would be quite appropriate to classify a guy who transferred as an alumnus.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
      Can't beat a train ride for extra entertainment!
      Unless of course, you are crossing the Kwai.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
        An article in the Harrisburg Patriot-News previewing Penn State's opener (sorry, but I can't find a link) cites one of the Nittany Lions' defensemen as a standout. Coach Guy Gadowsky said the player is a big body, is very committed defensively, is tough to play against, has showed a lot of strength in the weight room, and has a confidence about him that has been noticed by everybody. Gadowsky also notes that the player has more NCAA experience than anybody else on the team.

The player in question is former RPI defenseman Patrick Koudys.

I thought about putting this on the alumni thread, but didn't think it would be quite appropriate to classify a guy who transferred as an alumnus.
        Even though it did not work out for him in Troy-I sure would have liked to have him as part of the defensive corps we have now. He is a big body and you can never have enough healthy defensemen. Wishing him all the success in the world-unless he is playing against us.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          Even though it did not work out for him in Troy-I sure would have liked to have him as part of the defensive corps we have now. He is a big body and you can never have enough healthy defensemen. Wishing him all the success in the world-unless he is playing against us.
          Of course if we still had him, we not have been able to offer a scholarship to someone else.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I don't know what happened with Koudys in Troy, but I liked him as a player.
            With him or without him, I really like our defensemen this year. I don't think that he would have made that big a difference.
            I too wish him well and will root for him as long as he is not playing RPI.
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

T/U Pre-season feature on RPI. Nothing new, but here it is FWIW -->

http://www.timesunion.com/sports/art...#photo-5300883
              Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 10-10-2013, 10:02 AM.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Well said. Pat is a great kid. He was very young when he came in here and excuded alot of class, he has a huge upside for Gad. troyboy and I miss Kouter (Jimmy) on the road and at the west end of HFH jawboning with the faithful. Good luck Paddy!!!!!
                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

Looks like OGC is using American Crew gel this year. Nice selection SA.
                  "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                    I don't know what happened with Koudys in Troy, but I liked him as a player.
                    With him or without him, I really like our defensemen this year. I don't think that he would have made that big a difference.
                    I too wish him well and will root for him as long as he is not playing RPI.
                    There's no doubt he's a good hockey player. He wasn't the right player to benefit the team's system and process that Coach Appert has in place, at least as evidenced by the play time he received down the stretch. The D players we have so far benefit the team very well, as we saw by a second place regular season finish last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                        No wonder SethAppert'sHair has such a different aura.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                          Well said. Pat is a great kid. He was very young when he came in here and excuded alot of class, he has a huge upside for Gad. troyboy and I miss Kouter (Jimmy) on the road and at the west end of HFH jawboning with the faithful. Good luck Paddy!!!!!
                          I also enjoyed taking with Jimmy when Pat was in DC Arlington for the Caps' camp two years ago.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            Thanks. I didn't realize that was today.

I wish that they stopped playing while OGC was interviewed.
                            ...it was tough to here the questions. Anyone notice the Coach on the far left in the very beginning and again @ the 2min. mark
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                              ...it was tough to here the questions. Anyone notice the Coach on the far left in the very beginning and again @ the 2min. mark
                              Not until you pointed him out.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

A minor disappointment with the schedule. Three games in the Boston metro area in one month? It's too bad the Harvard game isn't later in the season. Hard to justify three trips to Boston so close together. (by "justify" I don't mean to myself, I mean ....)
                                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Working...
                                X