Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

    My tickets for the CU*2 games showed up.
    sigpic

    Let's Go 'Tute!

    Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

    2012 Poser Of The Year

    Comment


    • Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

      Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      We're proud of you Lug! By the way -- seeing as how you are now in New Haven, we expect you to have completed several rounds of pizza taste testing - and be prepared to defend your position when we visit town when RPI plays at Yale.
      It's Pepe's. No contest.
      RPI Pep Band
      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

      2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click Champion
      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings Last Place

      Comment


      • Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
        So I decided/was pressured to make the trip up to Troy for the game tomorrow. I just can't stay away from RPI hockey. I'll teach the new freshmen how to yell at a hockey game properly.
        Thanks for coming, lugnut. Someone has to teach them. Hope to see you there...!

        Comment


        • Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

          Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
          Thanks for coming, lugnut. Someone has to teach them. Hope to see you there...!
          I'll be in the pep band corner, in a rugby, like always. Watch for the guy who yells the most in the band. That's me.
          RPI Pep Band
          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

          2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click Champion
          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings Last Place

          Comment


          • Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

            Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
            So I just took a glance at SMU's roster --loaded with former OHL/WHL major kids....all of them 23-24-25 years old. This will be their 4th game of the season. I have no idea what to expect from them, but I suspect they can play a little. Hope our boys have their game faces on !! GO RED
            I wouldn't think that Southern Methodist had a lot Canadians.
            sigpic

            Let's Go 'Tute!

            Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

            2012 Poser Of The Year

            Comment


            • Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

              Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              I wouldn't think that Southern Methodist had a lot Canadians.
              I'm sure that a few Cajuns have drifted westward from Louisiana.

              Comment


              • Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

                In honor of Seth Appert, John Burke, and their staffs, today is 5 October 2013.
                There are 0 days until RPI's next game.



                This is based upon 5 October 2013 for the start of next season.


                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-06-2013, 01:54 AM.
                sigpic

                Let's Go 'Tute!

                Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                2012 Poser Of The Year

                Comment


                • Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

                  Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                  So I just took a glance at SMU's roster --loaded with former OHL/WHL major kids....all of them 23-24-25 years old. This will be their 4th game of the season. I have no idea what to expect from them, but I suspect they can play a little. Hope our boys have their game faces on !! GO RED
                  The Huskies are a veteran team. Last year they lost the CIS University Cup championship game to the University of New Brunswick 2-0, and the last UNB goal was as empty-netter. However they are notoriously slow starters - most years they have a poor to average preseason, don't look great in their first couple of games, their coach calls them out in the media, they start working and pull their heads out of their posteriors, and by Christmas they're battling for first or second place in the AUS conference.

                  If they follow their normal script, they may not look very impressive today. Hopefully not.

                  When they're clicking, they like to play "below the other team's goal line", to quote SMU head coach Trevor Stienberg. They forecheck like crazy. They usually get stellar goaltending. Stienberg is a very good situational coach, and can make in-game adjustments that can frustrate puck-possession teams like UNB.

                  One intangible is that one of SMU's assistant coaches, Tom Lee, is back in cancer treatment this week after it being in remission for several years. Radiation, chemo, bone marrow transplant - the whole deal.

                  Btw, in Canada SMU is pronounced to rhyme with "stew", never S-M-U. Also, if you're being pedantic, it is always written "Saint Mary's" and never "St. Mary's".
                  "The great aim of education is not knowledge, but action." -- Herbert Spencer

                  Comment


                  • Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

                    Originally posted by FreddyFoyle View Post
                    The Huskies are a veteran team. Last year they lost the CIS University Cup championship game to the University of New Brunswick 2-0, and the last UNB goal was as empty-netter. However they are notoriously slow starters - most years they have a poor to average preseason, don't look great in their first couple of games, their coach calls them out in the media, they start working and pull their heads out of their posteriors, and by Christmas they're battling for first or second place in the AUS conference.

                    If they follow their normal script, they may not look very impressive today. Hopefully not.

                    When they're clicking, they like to play "below the other team's goal line", to quote SMU head coach Trevor Stienberg. They forecheck like crazy. They usually get stellar goaltending. Stienberg is a very good situational coach, and can make in-game adjustments that can frustrate puck-possession teams like UNB.

                    One intangible is that one of SMU's assistant coaches, Tom Lee, is back in cancer treatment this week after it being in remission for several years. Radiation, chemo, bone marrow transplant - the whole deal.

                    Btw, in Canada SMU is pronounced to rhyme with "stew", never S-M-U. Also, if you're being pedantic, it is always written "Saint Mary's" and never "St. Mary's".
                    Thanks for the info. I look forward to a good test for both teams tonight.
                    Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by RKarger View Post
                      The Coast Guard Academy has a home game while USMMA would have been traveling, which I assume affects the decisions as well.
                      Actually it is because of the agency budgets (transportation for umma) and whether or not their employees are considered essential. The other academies, including CG are open. UMMA is closed and not conducting classes or anything else. Coaches are not allowed on campus.

                      Comment


                      • Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

                        Originally posted by FreddyFoyle View Post
                        Btw, in Canada SMU is pronounced to rhyme with "stew", never S-M-U. Also, if you're being pedantic, it is always written "Saint Mary's" and never "St. Mary's".
                        Being pedantic, I would have written the game thread differently had I known, but I am not going to delete it and start anew.
                        sigpic

                        Let's Go 'Tute!

                        Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                        2012 Poser Of The Year

                        Comment


                        • Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

                          Ed Weaver's article http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory. Apparently all three goalies will see action.
                          sigpic

                          Let's Go 'Tute!

                          Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                          2012 Poser Of The Year

                          Comment


                          • Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

                            Originally posted by FreddyFoyle View Post
                            The Huskies are a veteran team. Last year they lost the CIS University Cup championship game to the University of New Brunswick 2-0, and the last UNB goal was as empty-netter. However they are notoriously slow starters - most years they have a poor to average preseason, don't look great in their first couple of games, their coach calls them out in the media, they start working and pull their heads out of their posteriors, and by Christmas they're battling for first or second place in the AUS conference.

                            If they follow their normal script, they may not look very impressive today. Hopefully not.

                            When they're clicking, they like to play "below the other team's goal line", to quote SMU head coach Trevor Stienberg. They forecheck like crazy. They usually get stellar goaltending. Stienberg is a very good situational coach, and can make in-game adjustments that can frustrate puck-possession teams like UNB.

                            One intangible is that one of SMU's assistant coaches, Tom Lee, is back in cancer treatment this week after it being in remission for several years. Radiation, chemo, bone marrow transplant - the whole deal.

                            Btw, in Canada SMU is pronounced to rhyme with "stew", never S-M-U. Also, if you're being pedantic, it is always written "Saint Mary's" and never "St. Mary's".
                            Thanks as always for the insight FF. Sorry to hear of Coach Lee's health challenges ... all the best to him and his fight.
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

                            Comment


                            • Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

                              Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                              It's Pepe's. No contest.
                              Agreed ! The crust is nothing short of a work of art...
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

                              Comment


                              • Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

                                OK-we win our exhibition game. A little discussion-how did everyone feel the freshmen played? What should be the defensive pairings? Who looked like they need a bit more time to get ready and who looked like they were really ready to start the real season?
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X