No announcement yet.

Yale Bulldogs Hockey 2013-14: Repeat after me.......CHARACTER IS DESTINY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Bulldogs Hockey 2013-14: Repeat after me.......CHARACTER IS DESTINY

Originally posted by maineiac View Post
    There may be a battle somewhere Sunday night, perhaps even a few of them. But none of them will be in Hamden!
    Or Maine
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

Repeating is a Herculean task, but kudos to Yale for being great champions and representing the ECAC in such an exemplary manner.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
        Or Maine
        I never claimed there would be. I just get a kick out of someone saying there would even be a GAME on Sunday night, let alone a battle, before game 2 was even played!

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
          Kudos to Yale for being great champions and representing the ECAC in such an exemplary manner.
          Just want to agree 100% with Wholin1. Not only all of us in the ECAC but all of College Hockey. A really great champ.
          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Looking forward to 2014/15, looks like 8 forwards and 2 defensemen are coming in.

http://www.collegecommitments.com/De...cq9=1627549359

This year's freshmen played well and should continue to improve. I can see next years team bouncing right back into the mix. Hopefully the 2014/15 schedule will be upgraded. Lots of empty space in December that could be filled with a handful of games, home and away.

Comment

Stan, Yale does not usually carry 29 players, recent rosters have fluctuated betwenn 26-27. Do you think they will increase the roster they carry by that much? I can't think of any early departures. It will be interesting to see if Yale goes this route.
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by maineiac View Post
                I never claimed there would be. I just get a kick out of someone saying there would even be a GAME on Sunday night, let alone a battle, before game 2 was even played!
                As my wife says all the time "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride" Yale was within 17 minutes of making it happen and got worn down by that
                Canadian Junior team from Hamden. Looks like QPAC will be seeing Union twice possibly. I think would rather play BC. BTW that post by the Yale fan is no worse than QPAC's thread title,
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Congratulations to Kenny Agostino for signing a two year deal with the Calgary Flames!
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

Stan, Yale does not usually carry 29 players, recent rosters have fluctuated betwenn 26-27. Do you think they will increase the roster they carry by that much? I can't think of any early departures. It will be interesting to see if Yale goes this route.
                    It often seems like 1 or even 2 players in a big incoming class mysteriously defer sometimes during the summer. I think staffs plan for surprises and then once they really know what the roster's going to look like they hint that a guy might want to look into an additional year in the USHL for "seasoning."

For instance, right now our expected freshman class is at 8, while we are graduating 5 (plus 1 guy who quite literally never plays). That will shake out during the summer.

Well, either that or the Ivies are trending towards 28 or 29 man rosters, which one would think would be bad for player morale.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I would think that one or two of the recruits might defer? I would hope that none of the NHL draftees leave early. Saw many scouts and NHL front office people at Ingalls this past year; more so than in years past.

Comment

Jesse root will on the roster Friday night for the AHL Bridgeport Sound Tigers with an amateur tryout contract.
                        YALE HOCKEY
                        2013 National Champions

Comment

I think it's time to put an end to the 2013-2014 season thread. I will start a new off season thread tonight. Thanks for all the input this year.
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

One last chance to watch the Yale-QU championship game from last year. It's being broadcast on ESPNU right now.

Comment

Working...
                            X