No announcement yet.

Yale Bulldogs Hockey 2013-14: Repeat after me.......CHARACTER IS DESTINY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Bulldogs Hockey 2013-14: Repeat after me.......CHARACTER IS DESTINY

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    The ECAC has made the terrible decision to go with America One again for the tourney feeds. The United States should sue them for the poor use of a good name.
    You think you guys lose out when America One does the broadcasts?
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
      You think you guys lose out when America One does the broadcasts?
      America One has been notorious for choppy and even non existant feeds in the past. As Yale fans we are spoiled by a nice high def feed, and the Ivy League Digital Network also made great strides this year with the member school feeds. I have never had an uninterrupted America One feed, numerous page reloads just to unfreeze the screen, that type stuff. What do you mean by "lose out".
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

I meant that going from free, high quality RPI TV to pay-per-view, ****ty America One is terrible. I guess Yale has a great in-house feed too. It just blows my mind that the ECAC can see how good a job it's schools do on their own for video and use this terrible service.
        RPI Pep Band
        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

I meant that going from free, high quality RPI TV to pay-per-view, ****ty America One is terrible. I guess Yale has a great in-house feed too. It just blows my mind that the ECAC can see how good a job it's schools do on their own for video and use this terrible service.
          For whatever reason, the Ivy League contracted with a for pay service this year and it has worked well. I payed $40 for three months of every Ivy League home game at all schools for every sport that they play, which I considered a bargain. I think the firm they used was Neulion, the ECAC should look at them for better quality at least. I also agree that schools like RPI, QU and Yale who already had great free high quality feeds should have been allowed to continue. We all know that the almighty dollar will win out as far as the schools are concerned.
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Looks like a finisher and his twin brother coming in to Yale, maybe next season.

http://hockeyjournal.com/news/prep/S..._for_Salisbury
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

We all know that the almighty dollar will win out as far as the schools are concerned.
              I see your point, but the ECAC even had RPI TV do the broadcasts for Atlantic City last year. I just don't get seeing what high quality feeds are possible and then choosing to go with the terribleness that is America One.
              RPI Pep Band
              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Next time take the train
                If I had been going straight back to NYC, that's what I would have done. But I was continuing on to Providence for the Union/Brown game at 4:00 the next day and then was in Boston on Saturday night and Sunday.
                LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

I see your point, but the ECAC even had RPI TV do the broadcasts for Atlantic City last year. I just don't get seeing what high quality feeds are possible and then choosing to go with the terribleness that is America One.
                  It gets worse, from Nate Owen's USCHO column---- ECAC Hockey announced that America One will stream all of the league’s playoff games.

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/2014/03/05/yale...#ixzz2v7nZ9s63
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

New contest this year: ECAC Pick the Awards. Get your picks in for whose going to win the major awards and be put on the 1,2,3 and rookie teams
                    Quinnipiac University '15
                    ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
                    ECAC Championship: 2016
                    NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
                    NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
                    Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

You have until 7PM tonight to get your picks into the ECAC Pick The Playoffs Round 1.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...-Playoffs-2014
                      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Nice win, lets close this thing out!
                        YALE HOCKEY
                        2013 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                          Nice win, lets close this thing out!
                          I think it is a foregone conclusion that Harvard's season ends tonight. We're a long way from being a serious contender. Will be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                            I think it is a foregone conclusion that Harvard's season ends tonight. We're a long way from being a serious contender. Will be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks.
                            Maybe I'm just cynical from too many RPI playoff series, but calling a series done before the clock reads 0:00 and one team has won a majority of the games played is almost always a mistake. I do think the Bulldogs will come out on top this weekend, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's hockey at the Whale tomorrow.

Or maybe you're just trying to put the hex on like those guys who scream "SHUTOUT" and "PERFECT GAME" before it's really time. Jerk.
                            RPI Pep Band
                            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Maybe I'm just cynical from too many RPI playoff series, but calling a series done before the clock reads 0:00 and one team has won a majority of the games played is almost always a mistake. I do think the Bulldogs will come out on top this weekend, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's hockey at the Whale tomorrow.
                              Since Yale has not shown the ability to put two good games back to back on the same weekend, I wouldn't be surprised, either.

Comment

Or maybe you're just trying to put the hex on like those guys who scream "SHUTOUT" and "PERFECT GAME" before it's really time. Jerk.
                                I've seen Harvard play Yale twice this season and I didn't come away with a whole lot of confidence that the Crimson can beat Yale especially at the Whale. Okay so you've had problems in the second of back to back games but we also lost two of our forwards last night so we're shorthanded and less talented. Not a script for success.

Comment

Working...
                                X