No announcement yet.

Yale Bulldogs Hockey 2013-14: Repeat after me.......CHARACTER IS DESTINY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Bulldogs Hockey 2013-14: Repeat after me.......CHARACTER IS DESTINY

Originally posted by Nottme View Post
    I was by ice on aisle 8, stopped by top of 9 at 2nd intermission sorry did not catch you. Best of luck rest of the way.
    Was having a between period Blue Point Toasted Lager, I am glad you weren't the annoying Union fan standing behind me.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

Nice much needed win tonight. Hayden really showed me something tonight and he will be a beast down the road. Harvard coming in next weekend, should be a fun series between the old rivals.
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

I was beginning to think they weren't going to score a goal this weekend. It took 90 minutes. Strong 3rd period, though. Harvard will be tough next weekend. Count on it.

Comment

We have to beat Harvard 5 times this season? Not easy to do against a big rival. And even then our reward is most likely going to be a trip up Whitney ave!

Comment

Actually, we'll only have to beat them 4 times, since the first time was a tie. We might have to play them as many as six times, though.

Comment

Should really help with those people who complain about yale's schedule. Would have been the same situation if we had gotten Princeton. We haven't won a Friday home game all season (don't count the Russians) so that would be a good start.

Comment

Originally posted by Boola View Post
                Should really help with those people who complain about yale's schedule. Would have been the same situation if we had gotten Princeton. We haven't won a Friday home game all season (don't count the Russians) so that would be a good start.

???????
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Too many thoughts in one post. I should have said winning a Friday home game would be a nice start to getting past this series. Either way with yale's inability to sweep or be swept on a weekend we are probably looking at a 3 game series.

Comment

Originally posted by Boola View Post
                    We have to beat Harvard 5 times this season? Not easy to do against a big rival. And even then our reward is most likely going to be a trip up Whitney ave!
                    Actually you have only beaten us twice this season. We tied you guys at Ingalls in December 2-2. Remember?

That said, I'm hoping it will be a good series but we don't match up against you guys the way we do against RPI, Clarkson and Colgate. So I'm not expecting that this will go more than two games.

On the other hand, your women's team and our women's team are having a holy war at Bright Landry this weekend. Final game this afternoon. So I suppose anything can happen.

Comment

Not too mention there is the men's basketball game at Payne Whitney Friday night.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                        Anna Liffeys has a free etched Guinness glass promotion on Friday night from 6-8. I am changing pregame and going there for dinner around 5:15. the ad copy, This Friday from 6 to 8pm, please join us at Anna Liffey’s and get a complimentary Guinness Gravity glass with your name laser-etched into it. Show off to your friends, make your neighbors jealous… A glass with class!

If you walk there, we can most likely give you a ride to the rink and a ride back to the hotel area if needed. Ordinary around the corner from the Omni on Chapel St. is also a great pub, http://ordinarynewhaven.com/
                        LT, I wish I had seen this earlier. I actually hit a ton of traffic on I-95 and didn't arrive at the Omni until about 6:45. By the time I parked the car, checked in, and dropped my bags off, it was close to 7:00. I arrived at the game mid-way through the first period. As you know, the place was packed and I had some trouble getting any sort of view of the game because all of the spots around the railing we filled. Luckily, I ran into someone I knew in the Union alumni office and they gave me seats in Section 11, Row 3.

After the game, we ended up just grabbing drinks at the Omni Bar 19 because we were exhausted.

Thanks again for the offer -- I'm sorry I wasn't able to take you up on it. That will not be my last time at The Whale so I'll definitely stop by next time I'm there.
                        LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                          LT, I wish I had seen this earlier. I actually hit a ton of traffic on I-95 and didn't arrive at the Omni until about 6:45. By the time I parked the car, checked in, and dropped my bags off, it was close to 7:00. I arrived at the game mid-way through the first period. As you know, the place was packed and I had some trouble getting any sort of view of the game because all of the spots around the railing we filled. Luckily, I ran into someone I knew in the Union alumni office and they gave me seats in Section 11, Row 3.

After the game, we ended up just grabbing drinks at the Omni Bar 19 because we were exhausted.

Thanks again for the offer -- I'm sorry I wasn't able to take you up on it. That will not be my last time at The Whale so I'll definitely stop by next time I'm there.
                          No worries, glad you got to see your team win for all your troubles, nothing worse than traveling a long distance to see your team lose. Not sure which way you came, but I always take Rt 8 worth the extra minutes to avoid I-95. https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Unio...d41.316792!3e0
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

I live in Manhattan. Picked up my car in Westchester so the only two options seemed to be I-95 or the Merritt. Both roads were brutal traffic-wise so it was a lose-lose situation no matter which way we went.
                            LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                              I live in Manhattan. Picked up my car in Westchester so the only two options seemed to be I-95 or the Merritt. Both roads were brutal traffic-wise so it was a lose-lose situation no matter which way we went.
                              Next time take the train
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Well, only the 241st meeting of these two historic teams this weekend. Nothing less than a sweep can be tolerated due to the razor thin pairwise ranking. I think having a healthy Yale team and hopefully a great home crowd will push Yale in the right direction. The tie against HVD at home is still worrisome and they are a fickle team that finds it's stride at unpredictable times. The ECAC has made the terrible decision to go with America One again for the tourney feeds. The United States should sue them for the poor use of a good name.
                                YALE HOCKEY
                                2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X