No announcement yet.

Yale Bulldogs Hockey 2013-14: Repeat after me.......CHARACTER IS DESTINY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Bulldogs Hockey 2013-14: Repeat after me.......CHARACTER IS DESTINY

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    Yale Asst. AD Steve Conn with a little jab at the RPI faithful in the Yale website official recap. "The fans at Houston Field House tonight may have established a new collegiate record for saying the word "suck" in a variety of chants."
    Hey now. It's not like Yale students don't love the word "suck" too.
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
        Hey now. It's not like Yale students don't love the word "suck" too.
        They only have two chants, "It's all your fault" and "Lets go Bulldogs" Yalie's don't dabble in that choreographed stuff, they leave it to the prep schools.
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post

Thanks for that.
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
            They only have two chants, "It's all your fault" and "Lets go Bulldogs" Yalie's don't dabble in that choreographed stuff, they leave it to the prep schools.
            How was JohnK? We do an autism awareness game at RPI and John is a sponsor Big man, big heart. Katie's food and beer the best!!!!
            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
              How was JohnK? We do an autism awareness game at RPI and John is a sponsor Big man, big heart. Katie's food and beer the best!!!!
              He is well and was gracious enough to be me a Guiness for coming by. He had to head off to the RPI game after a quick chat with my family, we brought a party of six including some friends. The reuben with cabbage instead of Cole slaw was to die for, one of the best I've had.
              Last edited by LTsatch; 02-09-2014, 07:29 PM.
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

QU/Yale game will be on TV in CT.

If you are in Connecticut and don't have tickets, you can view the game on CPTV through the following: Cablevision – 139; Charter – 223; Comcast - 966 (256 in Ridgefield, Bethel, and Danbury); Cox – 805; Metrocast – 418 and Thames Valley – 87.
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

#19 is a go for this weekend!

Comment

The BBSB Visiting Weekend got cancelled, so I can actually go to the Yale-Quinnipiac game. How crazy will the Whale be?
                    RPI Pep Band
                    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

I'm going to try to make the trip to New Haven (from NYC) for the Union/Yale game on 2/28. I'll probably spend the night in New Haven, drive to Providence the next day (for the 4:00 Union/Brown game), then continue on to Boston for Saturday night.

I'm leaning towards booking a room at the Courtyard Marriott or Omni since they both seem to be right next to campus. Is that a good option? Can I [safely] walk around in that area? Are there any good bars to go to after the game? I also want to grab a slice at Pepe's and Sally's when I'm there.

Should it be any issue to get tickets a week before the game?

Any other recommendations/advice is appreciated.
                      LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                        The BBSB Visiting Weekend got cancelled, so I can actually go to the Yale-Quinnipiac game. How crazy will the Whale be?
                        Sold out for weeks, usually 1/4 of the crowd is Q fans. Great atmosphere. Get there early.
                        YALE HOCKEY
                        2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                          I'm going to try to make the trip to New Haven (from NYC) for the Union/Yale game on 2/28. I'll probably spend the night in New Haven, drive to Providence the next day (for the 4:00 Union/Brown game), then continue on to Boston for Saturday night.

I'm leaning towards booking a room at the Courtyard Marriott or Omni since they both seem to be right next to campus. Is that a good option? Can I [safely] walk around in that area? Are there any good bars to go to after the game? I also want to grab a slice at Pepe's and Sally's when I'm there.

Should it be any issue to get tickets a week before the game?

Any other recommendations/advice is appreciated.
                          The Omni is right downtown in the middle of all of the clubs and eateries. You could walk to the rink from there but it is about a mile. The Omni also charges for parking. The courtyard is about .6 miles from the rink and is on the outskirts of a pretty tough neighborhood. If you walk out the front doors of the courtyard, do NOT walk left up Whalley Ave. I would stay at the Omni, as your choices for bars and eating near your hotel are much better. I like a place called The Anchor for drinks, it would actually help to know your age, as alot of the places downtown are nightclubs. Let me know what time you are getting to town, if you are interested we pre-game at an old Yale haunt called Mory's of which I am a member, great food and a good bar with half price burgers and wings during happy hour. http://www.morys1849.org/
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

Is there an Internet steam for tomorrow's game?
                            QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                            2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                            2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                            2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                            https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                            https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                            https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                              Is there an Internet steam for tomorrow's game?
                              Ivy League Digital Network $$$$ http://www.ivyleaguedigitalnetwork.c...eague/schedule
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by YaleDad View Post
                                #19 is a go for this weekend!
                                Great news Sir!
                                YALE HOCKEY
                                2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X