No announcement yet.

Yale Bulldogs Hockey 2013-14: Repeat after me.......CHARACTER IS DESTINY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Bulldogs Hockey 2013-14: Repeat after me.......CHARACTER IS DESTINY

Originally posted by Let's Go BLUE!!! View Post
    I may be wrong, but I was always under the impression that Ivy league athletes could not red shirt. They are limited to 4yrs of playing within 4 yrs. So if they need to "redshirt" they will have to drop out of school. Does any one know something different?
    Never knew that LGB, lets see what happens.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
      Generally correct. You can apply retroactively to have one of your years not count (if you have an injury/medical issue early in a season), but taking classes for a year while perfectly healthy costs you a year of ivy eligibility whether you suit up or not.
      It doesn't have to be the whole year. If you register for classes in the fall but decide to leave school for whatever reason, that semester counts against your eligibility. There have been waivers in the past but it is unusual. Once you go to class, you are considered a student for that semester.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
        Thanks for the reply Professor, Just FYI, on this thread, we tend to try to stay away from any specifics of injuries that the student athletes are hampered with. We do this for both for their privacy as well as protecting the team need for non-disclosure. There are also a couple of Doctors who post here who are also concerned about HIPPA violations. I find that generalities like upper body or extremity work best when describing such things. Now the important question, which FLA Key are you located on? You lucky SOB.
        Sorry, but NOT a HIPPA privacy violation!!! Unless the person/entity, who divulges medical information about someone without their consent, is a healthcare provider, insurance company/health care plan, or such, it is NOT a HIPPA violation. (Healthcare providers, health plans, and healthcare clearinghouses are the only "covered entities" that are subject to the HIPPA Privacy Act) I assume the person posting the details is not a healthcare provider, thus NO HIPPA violation. A layperson who hears about an injury and then passes it on to others.......NOT a HIPPA violation. Thus from a medico-legal standpoint, they can post it. Watch out for slander, and lack of ethics. Now if he/she was the player's health care provider, and releasing information on this forum without their patient's consent, then I sincerely hope the team gets a new doc and the government gets a big fine!!!

Comment

Originally posted by blemberg View Post
          Sorry, but NOT a HIPPA privacy violation!!! Unless the person/entity, who divulges medical information about someone without their consent, is a healthcare provider, insurance company/health care plan, or such, it is NOT a HIPPA violation. (Healthcare providers, health plans, and healthcare clearinghouses are the only "covered entities" that are subject to the HIPPA Privacy Act) I assume the person posting the details is not a healthcare provider, thus NO HIPPA violation. A layperson who hears about an injury and then passes it on to others.......NOT a HIPPA violation. Thus from a medico-legal standpoint, they can post it. Watch out for slander, and lack of ethics. Now if he/she was the player's health care provider, and releasing information on this forum without their patient's consent, then I sincerely hope the team gets a new doc and the government gets a big fine!!!
          Blemberg, re-read my post, I did not say it was a HIPPA violation for laymen aka professor, ( although I confess that I do not know professors former career) I stated that there were doctors who post here who will not comment on injuries because of HIPPA.
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Blemberg, re-read my post, I did not say it was a HIPPA violation for laymen aka professor, ( although I confess that I do not know professors former career) I stated that there were doctors who post here who will not comment on injuries because of HIPPA.
            Enough already. LT is correct in defending his statement…..he did say "doctors". Blemberg's rendition of the essence of the HIPPA law is also correct; that said, LT's diplomatic chastisement of Professor is entirely warranted. While it is clear that Professor is a rabid Bulldog fan, his posts on injuries do the Yale hockey community a disservice. It seems clear to me that he has some sort of "highly-placed source", but I must also point out that not all of his information is accurate. Over the past 15 years or so, many Yale players and their families have consulted with me on medical matters, and without wishing to sound corny, the fact that they do so is a great source of pride to me. Gossip is for tabloids and teen-agers; a true professional, be it doctor, lawyer, or Native American chief ought NEVER betray a person's trust….no matter how the information is acquired. Perhaps the same should apply to professors !!!

Comment

Wait, Doc, I was a Chief, fire that is . No harm no foul, Yale needs to take care of Colgate tonight.
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

Great game tonight, the first team to make a bad mistake lost.
                Well, the first team to make a bad mistake actually won. It was overall a well-played game, but our defensive zone errors in the first period would have sunk us in prior seasons.

That was Iles' second or third best game of the season, and best since the opening swing through Omaha. It was also the best performance of the Kubiak-Knisely combo ever. This is the third weekend where a different line saved us.

Yale is still terrifying on transition and in open ice, but the two teams' playing styles continue to converge. You've got a great emerging player in Wilson. Fallen looked great at times as well. And DiChiara is going to be one of those guys who get under every opponent's skin.

Good luck tonight against Colgate.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Wait, Doc, I was a Chief, fire that is . No harm no foul, Yale needs to take care of Colgate tonight.
                  You are correct,LT. I was going to write Indian Chief, but I caught myself. Being politically incorrect at Yale is a huge no-no !!!
                  Yale's Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde act continues. Happily, tonight is Saturday, so I have my fingers crossed for a win !!!

Comment

Thanks for the reply Professor, Just FYI, on this thread, we tend to try to stay away from any specifics of injuries that the student athletes are hampered with. We do this for both for their privacy as well as protecting the team need for non-disclosure. There are also a couple of Doctors who post here who are also concerned about HIPPA violations. I find that generalities like upper body or extremity work best when describing such things. Now the important question, which FLA Key are you located on? You lucky SOB.
                    LT: Point well taken, and I should have been more discreet. While not a HIPPA violation, I nevertheless agree that I went too far. Thank you for the friendly reminder.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor View Post
                      LT: Point well taken, and I should have been more discreet. While not a HIPPA violation, I nevertheless agree that I went too far. Thank you for the friendly reminder.
                      No worries, did you catch the game? You were right about Fallen, he took it up a notch last night, with not enough to show for it.
                      YALE HOCKEY
                      2013 National Champions

Comment

No worries, did you catch the game? You were right about Fallen, he took it up a notch last night, with not enough to show for it.
                        Caught the broadcast. Yale really needs the 2 points tonight. Killian also played well at forward, and created two opportunities that Y failed to capitalize on. Interesting to see if Y goes with 5 defensemen tonight, keeps Killian at forward and maybe give the freshman defenseman a chance and go with 6 defensemen.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Well, the first team to make a bad mistake actually won. It was overall a well-played game, but our defensive zone errors in the first period would have sunk us in prior seasons.

That was Iles' second or third best game of the season, and best since the opening swing through Omaha. It was also the best performance of the Kubiak-Knisely combo ever. This is the third weekend where a different line saved us.

Yale is still terrifying on transition and in open ice, but the two teams' playing styles continue to converge. You've got a great emerging player in Wilson. Fallen looked great at times as well. And DiChiara is going to be one of those guys who get under every opponent's skin.

Good luck tonight against Colgate.
                          There is a nice view from the Ivy League digital network on the Yale Facebook page of the puck crossing the line for Yale late in the third. Refs state they waved it off because they only had the overhead view and Iles body, which was not touching the puck, blocked the view from overhead. Great game, good luck the rest of the way.
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

There is a nice view from the Ivy League digital network on the Yale Facebook page of the puck crossing the line for Yale late in the third. Refs state they waved it off because they only had the overhead view and Iles body, which was not touching the puck, blocked the view from overhead. Great game, good luck the rest of the way.
                            But other problems with calling that a goal: men in crease, goaltender obstruction, etc.
                            . . . still crazy after all these years. . .

Comment

Gritty win tonight,complete with comical ECAC referees, they were even tripping players. Yale outplayed Colgate most of the game, the highlights were alex Lyons stellar performance , especially with his glove. Also the PK withstood many Colgate advantages. We are now tied at 20th with cogate in the PWR. Stu Wilson left the game either during or after the first period and did not return. Nice job with a short bench made much shorter by the weird amount of majors assessed.
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Gritty win tonight,complete with comical ECAC referees, they were even tripping players. Yale outplayed Colgate most of the game, the highlights were alex Lyons stellar performance , especially with his glove. Also the PK withstood many Colgate advantages. We are now tied at 20th with cogate in the PWR. Stu Wilson left the game either during or after the first period and did not return. Nice job with a short bench made much shorter by the weird amount of majors assessed.
                                Now Stu is injured? What type of injury did it appear to be?

Comment

Working...
                                X