No announcement yet.

Yale Bulldogs Hockey 2013-14: Repeat after me.......CHARACTER IS DESTINY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Bulldogs Hockey 2013-14: Repeat after me.......CHARACTER IS DESTINY

There is alot of young talent on the team. I believe he has also been injured, some freshman take a little more time to adapt to the college game as well.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

The St. Louis Blues will be paying a visit to the Whale next Friday for the women's team's annual White Out for Mandi event. They will also hold a practice at the Whale during the afternoon. As many of you probably know, Mandi's brother Jaden (a CC alum) plays for the Blues.
      RPI Pep Band
      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Blues practice begins at 3pm and is open to the public, the team is also going to attend the white out game, class move by The St. Louis Blues!
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
          Blues practice begins at 3pm and is open to the public, the team is also going to attend the white out game, class move by The St. Louis Blues!
          This does say a lot about how the Blues feel about Jaden....very nice gesture indeed.
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

That's my team.
            RPI Pep Band
            GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
            2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
            2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Yale needs to come back from the north country with four points. Both will be tough games. Time to get the ball rolling through the ECAC. Anyone know if cooper is well enough to play?
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

Nice rebound tonight even though we are shorthanded again, Doherty was injured Friday and did not play tonight. Nice to see Hayden step up and Killian had a very nice backhand goal. you don't see that too often from a D-Man. Not sure what has happened to SLU, the team D for them is just not there. Off to the annual home and home Brown bloodbath.
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Down to 14th in the Pairwise, the remaining schedule can only be described as very difficult.
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

Sure, LT, but that's where the opportunity is. Up to now, the Elis have played the 43rd strongest schedule -- ie weak. We find ourself in the middle of a large group of teams with similar PWRs, including Brown (2 games) Union (2 games) Colgate (1 game) and a team well above us (QPac) with RPI (2 games) not far behind. Plus the playoff games count as well. So we'll see. If they win another 10 games this season, they're probably in.

The schedule's no easier for the ECAC teams in our standings neighborhood.

Comment

Originally posted by goblue78 View Post
                      Sure, LT, but that's where the opportunity is. Up to now, the Elis have played the 43rd strongest schedule -- ie weak. We find ourself in the middle of a large group of teams with similar PWRs, including Brown (2 games) Union (2 games) Colgate (1 game) and a team well above us (QPac) with RPI (2 games) not far behind. Plus the playoff games count as well. So we'll see. If they win another 10 games this season, they're probably in.

The schedule's no easier for the ECAC teams in our standings neighborhood.
                      All good points. If the team somehow stays healthy and gets a little more consistent, especially on the PP, I think they have a shot as well. Hopefully deja-vu all over again.
                      YALE HOCKEY
                      2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                        The St. Louis Blues will be paying a visit to the Whale next Friday for the women's team's annual White Out for Mandi event. They will also hold a practice at the Whale during the afternoon. As many of you probably know, Mandi's brother Jaden (a CC alum) plays for the Blues.
                        ....more of the story... http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=7...d=nhl:topheads
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Maybe its just wishful thinking, but I really thought the Bulldog powerplay was moving the puck much better especially rotating forwards and defensemen for one-timers from the circles. Agostino, Obuchoski, Fallen, Young, Root and O'Gara all got good wood on shots during the PP. Perhaps our opponents should take more 5-on-3. Also, a two-minute penalty should be assessed to the Yale All-Access broadcast team for indicating that the "slow-footing penalty against Brown was for taking too long to get to the penalty box." Later corrected to define "slew-footing." A comical moment.

Comment

Originally posted by nopuckluck View Post
                            Maybe its just wishful thinking, but I really thought the Bulldog powerplay was moving the puck much better especially rotating forwards and defensemen for one-timers from the circles. Agostino, Obuchoski, Fallen, Young, Root and O'Gara all got good wood on shots during the PP. Perhaps our opponents should take more 5-on-3. Also, a two-minute penalty should be assessed to the Yale All-Access broadcast team for indicating that the "slow-footing penalty against Brown was for taking too long to get to the penalty box." Later corrected to define "slew-footing." A comical moment.
                            Yale was also carrying into the O-zone instead of dumping in, which seemed to help the PP as well. Too bad we are not playing the depleted RPI and union this week, Slu and clarkson are getting a break from the fight.
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

Yale really needs to protect it's house this weekend, hopefully get one or two guys back from injury. Both games are tough but the Cornell match-up should be the tightest. Yale needs to use the team speed again and stay of the boards against the Big Red. Colgate has been flighty this year and scary good at times. Beating them 5-2 in their barn hopefully does not lead to over confidence at Ingalls. Hopefully we see Fallen continue to increase his shot total, he is not as offensive minded as last season.
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Yale really needs to protect it's house this weekend, hopefully get one or two guys back from injury. Both games are tough but the Cornell match-up should be the tightest. Yale needs to use the team speed again and stay of the boards against the Big Red. Colgate has been flighty this year and scary good at times. Beating them 5-2 in their barn hopefully does not lead to over confidence at Ingalls. Hopefully we see Fallen continue to increase his shot total, he is not as offensive minded as last season.
                                Yale needs to protect its house and damage the residencies of other ECAC teams as well. Believe it or not, they may be a better team, at least on paper, than that of last year. The strength of schedule hurts. If you saw Saturday's game on the internet, you will see that Fallen after he scored his goal came to the bench pulling on the back of his sweater - "getting the monkey off his back." His shot total has been fine, but unlike last year and his first year the shots have not been getting through. I think, at least I hope, that you are going to see a surge from him in points over the next few games. His confidence is back. Notwithstanding, the biggest problem with this team is exemplified by the scoring against Brown - 4 of the 6 goals came from defensemen. The forwards need to capitalize. Granted, the team has had key injuries to key people at different points of the year to the forwards. Root has come back with a scoring vengeance. However, the loss of Doherty who may return soon and Cooper has had a negative impact. Both are tough kids, and Cooper would mix it up in front of the other team's net. Against Brown on Friday night, the goalie left a lot of rebounds out front but there was no one there to get the tough goal. They miss Bourbanais immensely, because he had the nack to to get the tough goals when they counted. The next two weekends will determine the season to a large degree.

Comment

Working...
                                X