No announcement yet.

Yale Bulldogs Hockey 2013-14: Repeat after me.......CHARACTER IS DESTINY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Bulldogs Hockey 2013-14: Repeat after me.......CHARACTER IS DESTINY

Ags...... it was called "interference", though #18 made a sweeter jump,tuck and roll play in that sequence, than his laser slapshot 5 hole G-o-a-l that started us off.

Sweet.

He shook it off.

Doherty got rocked, too, in the 2nd.... you could hear him the length of the ice; the Whale got so quiet after he hit the boards.

He shook it off.

You see a lot more "down-and-outs", for sure, these days.

Also saw an "Embellishment" call on a HC ,neither swmimmer nor (Good), Diver.

Now for the meat.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
      I did not see them, but my brother said they were small,fast and passed very well
      Thanks, bad weather and I may not attend.
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Yale hockey team named Register’s Dave Solomon Memorial Sports Persons of the Year

http://www.nhregister.com/sports/201...ns-of-the-year

Comment

Hopefully the Elis are at mostly full strength again today. They need to rip off a string of wins to get the RPI back up to respectable levels, number ten in the nation means nothing.
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

I am hoping that the NSN feed for tonights game might be free as well.
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

Yale let a point get away tonight. They played well in spurts, but were killed by cross ice passes leaving too many open looks.
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                Yale let a point get away tonight. They played well in spurts, but were killed by cross ice passes leaving too many open looks.
                There were no points to have. UVM hasn't been a member of ECAC in years.

Comment

Lets agree to say pairwise points
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

Don't have access to NBC Sports Network? WYBC will have the radio call of the Rivalry on Ice tonight on WYBC.com and AM-1340 (in southern Connecticut). Coverage begins at 7:30 PM EST -- puck drops at 8.
                    All Yale home games and select road games on WYBC-AM 1340 and WYBC.com! Also accessible on mobile devices on WYBC.com.

Comment

Nice win on the big stage. It was a hard fought game in the first with Harvard dominating the second half of that period. Yales surprising three quick goals sealed it , and after that the game was a yawner. Seems both teams kind of laid down after that. Seeing Girard pulled was nice, not too often you run one of the best goalies in the league.
                      YALE HOCKEY
                      2013 National Champions

Comment

As a longtime college hockey fan living on Staten Island, I was pleased to see this kind of game coming to MSG. One problem, though, was a crowd with too many schmoozers and not enough real hockey people. As a BC fan for many years who has seen the Beanpot crowd transform similarly, I can relate to that.

Many of us in Section 117 had ongoing problems with people -- mostly yuppies with senses of entitlement -- standing and socializing while the game was going on, oblivious to people behind them. I wasn't the only one getting hoarse from screaming "down in front." I've never had any big problems at Ingalls, where I visit a couple of times a year. And I'm not picking on Yale. I'm sure Harvard fans had similar problems down the other end.

Comment

Actually Girard ran himself by giving up two very soft goals. Harvard did dominate the 2nd half of period number 1 and I didn't see anything from Yale prior to the 2nd goal that would lead to believe the game would be anything other than a nail biter. That goal turned the tide though. Yale put some pep in their step and Harvard sagged. Bottom line is the game was likely a toss up if Girard had turned in his normal performance. I thought the best player on the ice for Yale was Lyon. He has an ease with the puck that we haven't seen in a Yale goalie in the Allain era. His positioning is great, he sees the puck well, and he has a calmness about him that is reflected in his economy of movement.

Comment

Volatility of the early parwise sees Yale jump from 19 to 12 by beating Harvard, fine with me. Hopefully Carson Cooper was not injured to seriously at the end of the game, did not look good.
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

Just want to stop by and congratulate the team on another definitive win (against Harvard) on the national stage.

Comment

Hey Yale fans, Canuck lurker here. Just checking in on Matt Beattie. Is he just not good enough, or is there another reason he's only playing sparingly?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Working...
                                X