No announcement yet.

Yale Bulldogs Hockey 2013-14: Repeat after me.......CHARACTER IS DESTINY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yale Bulldogs Hockey 2013-14: Repeat after me.......CHARACTER IS DESTINY

Happy Thanksgiving All!!
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

I'm glad to have seen Yale escape with a win tonight. I was getting worried about the embarrassment of losing to Hockey East's cellar-dwellers.
      It didn't feel like we could generate much offense tonight, and the defensemen seemed to be more aggressive than I remember.
      My son improved to 9-2-0 as an Ingalls' spectator.

Comment

Originally posted by dkv View Post
        I'm glad to have seen Yale escape with a win tonight. I was getting worried about the embarrassment of losing to Hockey East's cellar-dwellers.
        It didn't feel like we could generate much offense tonight, and the defensemen seemed to be more aggressive than I remember.
        My son improved to 9-2-0 as an Ingalls' spectator.
        Yeah, the boys looked sluggish through a lot of the game, especially in the second period. Too much food on Thursday!
        RPI Pep Band
        GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
        2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
        2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Missing a few guys, the team was out of sync and only really made some plays when it counted. You could see Merrimack wearing down, but they also had some excellent chances to win the game. Alex Lyon continues to impress. Love his puck handling skills. Whats up with Gus Young going all offensive, didn't know he had it in him.
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Press Release for this weekend: http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m...h-_Harvard.pdf

Harvard game Saturday is sold out.

Comment

Yale cannot look past Dartmouth and needs to get on them early. They have finally won a game and are as confident as they have been all season. Harvard has returned some players from suspension and may be better than their record shows. If Yale returns some injured players and plays up to capability, a four point weekend is not out of the question. Looking forward to these Ivy League games.
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

Nice article about Alex Lyon
                http://www.nhregister.com/sports/201...pressed-so-far
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Quick reminder: Both games will be on WYBC-AM 1340 and WYBC.com this weekend. Pregame at 6:45 PM EST, puck drops at 7. Looking forward to a weekend of Ivy match-ups!
                  All Yale home games and select road games on WYBC-AM 1340 and WYBC.com! Also accessible on mobile devices on WYBC.com.

Comment

Nice game Dartmouth, what else is there to say. Lose to Harvard and basically the pairwise goes down the old toilet. Really missing Day and Root up front. I had this same attitude last year, you never know.
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

• Re: Yale Bulldogs Hockey 2013-14: Repeat after me.......CHARACTER IS DESTINY

Joined today to try to give LT some help on the in-house commentary. Current student who tries to hit every game and continue recent tradition of Branford College dominating front row.

Tough weekend. Echo LT in the need for Root and Day ASAP, though tonight's game was played with a lot of intensity. But it takes us too long to show that intensity. Still, some bright spots: Lyon's positioning was not great on two goals, but his stickhandling continues to impress. Weberg had the best game of his career and it was great to show him really digging it out on the boards. Beattie had two assists. Agostino now has a goal in two straight games (for a season total of 3). If he can keep producing snipes like he had tonight, we will be on much stronger footing.

There is going to be a lot of bad blood going into the game at MSG. Harvard likes to protect their goalie aggressively and they don't get hit without hitting right back. Should be fun.

Comment

Welcome, 16 (Branford '78 here). A bad weekend, but could have been worse. We're now #23 is the still-early PWR. As I said when the season started though, our out-of-conference schedule will do us no favors, simply because it cannot compensate for a middling ECAC season like last year's. Time to take exams and heal. A good ECAC record (much better than last year) will still get us in, and Vermont is a better PWR game than it looked like it'd be at the start of the season. So there's still hope.

Comment

Welcome 16 as well, they did play better last night, pinching on defense more. Taking those chances left Lyon out to dry a few times, Harvard was pretty chippy IFO the net and the refs could be accused with letting them get away with too much. It was funny to see the dive that Harvard #8 took on the Hayden boarding penalty. He got hit and then looked like he took a second to remember to fall, but the act worked. Hayden is a mystery, he is playing like a grinder and just can't get that extra step on his drives to the net, hopefully his hard work pays off. I was happy to see Allain go right back to Lyon, although Spano played well in relief on Friday. This team really needs to tear up the conference after the new year, Happy Holidays all!!!!
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

I liked how Allain kept the Agostino-Wilson-Doherty line on the bench until Killian scored. Whether coincidence or consequence, it seemed to get Yale's intensity up a notch.

Comment

Does anyone know what Root's and Day's injuries are?

Comment

Yale picks up commitment from small yet very skilled forward Henry Hart of Phillips Exeter

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...ommits-to-yale
                                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Working...
                                X