No announcement yet.

Yale Bulldogs Hockey 2013-14: Repeat after me.......CHARACTER IS DESTINY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yale Bulldogs Hockey 2013-14: Repeat after me.......CHARACTER IS DESTINY

From the Yale media guide, Yalies in the pros, I looked up the stats.

Andrew Miller ‘13 (Oklahoma City Barons, AHL) GP-13, G-1, A-3
    Antoine Laganiere ‘13 (Norfolk Admirals, AHL) GP-14, G-0, A-1
    Jeff Malcolm ‘13 (Hartford Wolfpack, AHL) GP-1, W-0 L-1, GAA-6.00
    Brian O’Neill ‘12 (Manchester Monarchs, AHL) GP-14, G-3, A-2
    Denny Kearney ‘11 Briancon (France) GP-8, G-10, A-4 teams top scorer
    Jimmy Martin ‘11 HC Banska Bystrica (Slovakia) GP-14, G-0, A-2
    Broc Little ‘11 (Springfield Falcons, AHL) GP-15, G-0, A-2
    Mike Matczak ‘11 (Kalamazoo Wings, ECHL) GP-5, G-0, A-0
    Sean Backman ‘10 (Manchester Monarchs, AHL) GP-14, G-2, A-0
    Mark Arcobello ‘10 (Edmonton, NHL) GP-19, G-2, A-10
    David Meckler ‘09 (Salzburg EC, Austria) GP-20, G-8, A-14
    Brad Mills ‘07 (Rockford Icehogs, AHL) GP-8, G-2, A-2 not on active roster as of today
    Chris Higgins ‘05 (Vancouver, NHL) GP-20. G-6, A-4
    Alex Westlund ‘99 (Wheeling Nailers, ECHL) Not shown on the roster
    Ray Giroux ‘98 (Novokuznetsk Metallurg, KHL) GP-23, G-0, A-4
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

From the Yale media guide, Yalies in the pros, I looked up the stats.

Andrew Miller ‘13 (Oklahoma City Barons, AHL) GP-13, G-1, A-3
      Antoine Laganiere ‘13 (Norfolk Admirals, AHL) GP-14, G-0, A-1
      Jeff Malcolm ‘13 (Hartford Wolfpack, AHL) GP-1, W-0 L-1, GAA-6.00
      Brian O’Neill ‘12 (Manchester Monarchs, AHL) GP-14, G-3, A-2
      Denny Kearney ‘11 Briancon (France) GP-8, G-10, A-4 teams top scorer
      Jimmy Martin ‘11 HC Banska Bystrica (Slovakia) GP-14, G-0, A-2
      Broc Little ‘11 (Springfield Falcons, AHL) GP-15, G-0, A-2
      Mike Matczak ‘11 (Kalamazoo Wings, ECHL) GP-5, G-0, A-0
      Sean Backman ‘10 (Manchester Monarchs, AHL) GP-14, G-2, A-0
      Mark Arcobello ‘10 (Edmonton, NHL) GP-19, G-2, A-10
      David Meckler ‘09 (Salzburg EC, Austria) GP-20, G-8, A-14
      Brad Mills ‘07 (Rockford Icehogs, AHL) GP-8, G-2, A-2 not on active roster as of today
      Chris Higgins ‘05 (Vancouver, NHL) GP-20. G-6, A-4
      Alex Westlund ‘99 (Wheeling Nailers, ECHL) Not shown on the roster
      Ray Giroux ‘98 (Novokuznetsk Metallurg, KHL) GP-23, G-0, A-4
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

Before anyone looks past Sacred Heart on Saturday night, remember 2 years ago whe we outshot them by nearly 200 and lost the game. In today's Pairwise Age, every game matters.

Comment

Especially since they have the Lowell win as well. You never know.
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Sloppy win, but a win is a win. trip north next week will test this team, Lyon played well in goal, shorty by Root was a thing of beauty and tenacity. Stu wilson looked like the best player on the team tonight. No Bourbonais, Cody Learned and Izmirlian in the line up. Killian played well.
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
              Sloppy win, but a win is a win. trip north next week will test this team, Lyon played well in goal, shorty by Root was a thing of beauty and tenacity. Stu wilson looked like the best player on the team tonight. No Bourbonais, Cody Learned and Izmirlian in the line up. Killian played well.
              The SHG was an amazing second effort. Exactly what you want to see your captain doing. Yale just looked stale for a long time after that though.
              RPI Pep Band
              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Bourbonais is off the team, no reason given. Weird how he came back for one game and that was it?

http://yaledailynews.com/crosscampus...y-team-roster/
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Bourbonais is off the team, no reason given. Weird how he came back for one game and that was it? Iliked the way he got into the other teams heads and basically disrupted play for an opponent, his point production will be missed as well. hopefully he is still in school and finishes up.

YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                    Bourbonais is off the team, no reason given. Weird how he came back for one game and that was it? Iliked the way he got into the other teams heads and basically disrupted play for an opponent, his point production will be missed as well. hopefully he is still in school and finishes up.

He got booted from the program.
                    Did something pretty darn stupid (duh) is the good word.
                    A real shame for a Senior.

Comment

Originally posted by A1RdRunner View Post
                      Mid-00s NoDak stupid or recent BU stupid?
                      RPI Pep Band
                      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by A1RdRunner View Post
                        I wouldn't comment on something you know very little about A1RdRunner

As for the win against Sacred Heart, they looked sloppy in the first period after Root's gutsy goal as they thought it was going to be easy but were good in the second and third. We knew the defense was going to be solid again this year and it continues to be throughout the first stretch of games and the goalies have been a nice surprise. Still trying to find the scoring touch but I believe it is not too far off as the freshman (who are very good) become more accustomed to college play. Agostino scored his first of the year on one of the nicest individual effort goals I have ever seen at Ingalls which is a positive sign and they can continue to get scoring from their top 3 lines. I think this team could be special again this year as the year goes on.

It will be interesting to see what happens at defense in unfortunate circumstances such as an injury as it seems the depth may not be there. Killian has played well in the beginning of the year although he really struggled Saturday against Sacred Heart, but when he was out, they only dressed 5 D.

Comment

Originally posted by Yalewhaler View Post
                          I wouldn't comment on something you know very little about A1RdRunner

As for the win against Sacred Heart, they looked sloppy in the first period after Root's gutsy goal as they thought it was going to be easy but were good in the second and third. We knew the defense was going to be solid again this year and it continues to be throughout the first stretch of games and the goalies have been a nice surprise. Still trying to find the scoring touch but I believe it is not too far off as the freshman (who are very good) become more accustomed to college play. Agostino scored his first of the year on one of the nicest individual effort goals I have ever seen at Ingalls which is a positive sign and they can continue to get scoring from their top 3 lines. I think this team could be special again this year as the year goes on.

It will be interesting to see what happens at defense in unfortunate circumstances such as an injury as it seems the depth may not be there. Killian has played well in the beginning of the year although he really struggled Saturday against Sacred Heart, but when he was out, they only dressed 5 D.
                          Yalewhaler is dead on in his comments, particularly as to A1RdRunner's speculation about Clint Bourbonais's situation. He is a great kid, and was not released from the team for academic reasons (smartest kid on the team according to the players) or any unlawful conduct, period! The fresman defendant, O'Keefe, is highly thought of and would have been playing when Killian was out, but had mono. The doctors would not release him to play because of concerns with an enlarged spleen which is a common issue with mono. My understanding is he is now released to play, and we will see more of him as the season progresses.

Comment

Having met Dan O'Keefe once and his parents several times, and with only the nicest things to say about all three, I am assuming (and hoping)
                            that "defendant" is merely an auto-population glitch and that "defenseman" is what was intended !!!

Comment

Yale recruit list from Heisenberg as of today.
                              Name Commit date
                              Nate Repensky-RD 11/8/2013 Bismarck (NAHL) 5'10 177 1/14/93
                              Robbie DeMontas-LW 10/30/2013 2015 Muskegon (USHL) 5'9 160 2/17/96
                              Anthony Walsh-D 9/22/2013 2014 or 2015 Green Bay (USHL) 5'10 187 9/21/95
                              Mitchell Smith-LW 4/9/2013 2016 Salisbury prep 5'10 180 8/28/96
                              Evan Smith-LW 4/9/2013 2016 Salisbury prep 5'11 180 8/28/96
                              Will D'Orsi-RW 11/18/2012 2015 St.Sebastians 5'10 175 1/7/97 2013 USA U17 Team
                              Nolan Aibel-RW 9/19/2012 2015 NJ Rockets U19 5'7 150 10/25/97 2013 USA U17 Team
                              Viktor Dombrovsky-LD 9/1/2012 2015 Langley (BCHL) 5'11 180 4/27/96
                              Sam Tucker-G 7/18/2012 2015 Choate Prep 6' 160 /96
                              Andrew Gaus-RW 6/26/2012 2014 or 2015 Dubuque (USHL) 6'0 173 2/23/95
                              Joe Snively-C 5/9/2012 2014 or 2015 Sioux City (USHL) 5'7 145 1/1/96 2013 USA U18 Team
                              Ryan Hitchcock-LC 9/11/11 USNDPT U18 Team 5'9 155 3/3/96
                              Johnny Baiocco-RW 2/3/11 Fargo (USHL) 5'8 150 6/6/95
                              Last edited by LTsatch; 11-20-2013, 09:50 PM.
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Kid looks good

http://www.nj.com/hssports/blog/boys...r_2012-13.html
                                YALE HOCKEY
                                2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X