No announcement yet.

Yale Bulldogs Hockey 2013-14: Repeat after me.......CHARACTER IS DESTINY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yale Bulldogs Hockey 2013-14: Repeat after me.......CHARACTER IS DESTINY

10 Hours to get your picks in. 7PM tonight.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...ntest-20013-14
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Rumour has it that the National Championship banner raising will be at 6:50pm Friday night.
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
        Rumour has it that the National Championship banner raising will be at 6:50pm Friday night.
        First 1000 fans in attendance will also receive mini banners courtesy of The Study at Yale. Doors will open at 5:30pm

Comment

The entire ceremony and the game, for those of us who live out of state or just can't make it, will be on ESPN 3

Comment

Game Notes for this weekend: http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m...U_Clarkson.pdf

Comment

Here's the ESPN3 link: http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_...wrence-vs-Yale

Comment

Nice team win by Yale tonight. Clarkson did get jobbed by some classic ECAC officiating where a Yale player committed a nasty two hand slash injuring the Clarkson player. The only penalty called was a retaliatory boarding against Clarkson. They never saw the slash and Yale scored on the PP. Patrick spano played well in goal and out of the three he gave up two were screened and the third was a defensive lapse in which he was hung out to dry. DiChiara, Doherty, and Hayden continue to impress and Izmirlian scored his first college goal on a nasty shot. Killian (injured) did not play. Borbounais is out for reasons unknown, only heard rumors of "trouble". Sat next to and had a pleasant chat throughout the game with a Maple Leafs scout who was there to watch the drafted players for potential future trades. Gonna be away next weekend in Nashville, all I can say is BEAT Q!!!!
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Took my son to the Clarkson game tonight, he has yet to see Yale lose at Ingalls Rink (8-2-0).
                  A lot of frosh and sophomores are seeing significant time. Surprising for a defending champion, but gives me great hope for the future.
                  Spano seems to live a bit dangerously. I couldn't figure out if he was skilled or lucky.

Comment

OK, somebody needs to pick up the slack here, first hand reports on this weekends games would be greatly appreciated! Figures the first time I come to Nashville every sports team is out of town and the sports bars will not put on hockey because of college football. WTH is the Yale/QU game on CSN Pacific?
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

Hey Yale fans,

Just wanted to let you know that both games will be on WYBC.com and AM-1340 this weekend. I know we said at the end of the Clarkson broadcast last Saturday that the Princeton game wouldn't be on air, but I'm happy to announce that we'll have that game covered by NBC's Ron Vaccaro '04 and Yale assistant athletic director Steve Conn on Friday night. Student broadcasters John Ryan '14 and Arturo Schultz '14 will return for Saturday's matchup against Quinnipiac. Pregame coverage for both games starts at 6:45 PM EST.
                      All Yale home games and select road games on WYBC-AM 1340 and WYBC.com! Also accessible on mobile devices on WYBC.com.

Comment

Dominated... but got a tie. Yale played better for 4 minutes, QPac played better for 50 minutes and the teams played about equal for 11 minutes. But Yale scored 3 times in that 4 minutes... and Lyon stood on his head. Nice tie, Blue.

Comment

Originally posted by goblue78 View Post
                          Dominated... but got a tie. Yale played better for 4 minutes, QPac played better for 50 minutes and the teams played about equal for 11 minutes. But Yale scored 3 times in that 4 minutes... and Lyon stood on his head. Nice tie, Blue.
                          While QU may have had the territorial advantage, I didn't think they got that many really good chances. 3 points on the road is a successful weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog10jw View Post
                            While QU may have had the territorial advantage, I didn't think they got that many really good chances. 3 points on the road is a successful weekend.
                            51 shots to 20 is not a "territorial advantage." It's a rink sloped about 20 degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by goblue78 View Post
                              I've got to be honest... the tie Saturday upset me more than losing in April. But it is what it is... see you again in February.
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                              Northeast Regional:
                              West Regional: 2015, 2021
                              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

I only listened to the QU feed in the car and watched the video on QU's Youtube feed today. I would say that Yale was very fortunate to come away with a tie. Lyon had a great game, although even the QU announcers complained that most of the shots were high on Lyon's glove which he seemed to handle well. The anticipation of the wrap around which QU does so well was his undoing on the last goal. The difference between the teams IMO is that QU has many more "finishers" than Yale, between JST, Anas, Peca, and the Jones twins, they probably have the most dangerous bunch of scorers in the country. Even Allain was happy with the three point weekend.
                                YALE HOCKEY
                                2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X