Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cornellgradyalefan
    replied
    Re: Yale Bulldogs Hockey 2013-14: Repeat after me.......CHARACTER IS DESTINY

My daughter and I made the trip and enjoyed it immensely. Harvard tried to pump up the crowd by bringing the 1989 NCAA championship team out for a trip down memory lane between the 1st and 2nd periods but Yale came out strong in the 2nd and buried 3 goals to all but end the game. Jesse Root talked about how they worked on their defense all week in practice and the results showed as they were airtight until Harvard got a couple of PP goals in the 3rd. A new line combination that was especially strong tonight was Wilson-Dichiara-Doherty. We need an effective second line to take some of the pressure off the Root-Agostino-Hayden line and this combination looks like it could be the answer.
    Yale needs to win every game from here on out and the intensity that the team played with tonight was an indication that they understand their mission. We need to get that second W tomorrow against a resurgent Dartmouth. The whipping that they put on Yale at Ingalls in December should be all the motivation the team needs to come out strong in another must win situation.

Leave a comment:

• LTsatch
    replied

Nice win over the ancient rival tonight! Helps slightly in the pairwise and the line-up has been intact for two weeks now. Would be nice to have Cooper back. Cornell hung on at Qu denying Yale 4th place. As with last season, just win!

Leave a comment:

• LTsatch
    replied

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    I've never had a reuben with the coleslaw variation, but willing to try it out. I'm a traditional Reuben lover... corned beef, swiss cheese, sauerkraut, and Russian dressing on grilled dark or marble rye. My favorite sandwich!
    Now you went and made me hungry.
    Fivehole, you actually made me realize my mistake, it was braised cabbage instead of kraut. Great sandwich. http://katieobyrnespub.com/sandwiches-menu.php

Leave a comment:

• FiveHole12
    replied

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    The reuben with cabbage instead of Cole slaw was to die for, one of the best I've had.
    I've never had a reuben with the coleslaw variation, but willing to try it out. I'm a traditional Reuben lover... corned beef, swiss cheese, sauerkraut, and Russian dressing on grilled dark or marble rye. My favorite sandwich!
    Now you went and made me hungry.

Leave a comment:

• Hokydad
    replied
    Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    He is the youngest player in the premier division of the USPHL. Normally players of his age are in the U16 or U18.
    super kid, top 3 in class. already has been contacted by central scouting. Harvard will regret not jumping on him quicker. great skater and very offensive

Leave a comment:

• Hokydad
    replied
    He is the youngest player in the premier division of the USPHL. Normally players of his age are in the U16 or U18.
    super kid, top 3 in class. already has been contacted by central scouting. Harvard will regret not jumping on him quicker. great skater and very offensive

Leave a comment:

• QUAlum2004
    replied
    Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    yale received a commit from john marino, a 97 birthyear dman from mass. plays with ss kings and is youngest player in usphl. great pickup and if not for politics would have been on us natl team. will be a star at Yale
    very big pick up

Leave a comment:

• Hokydad
    replied

yale received a commit from john marino, a 97 birthyear dman from mass. plays with ss kings and is youngest player in usphl. great pickup and if not for politics would have been on us natl team. will be a star at Yale
    very big pick up

Leave a comment:

• yaledoc
    replied

Thanks for the shout-out, LT. Enjoy the games, and get us 2 Ws !!!

Leave a comment:

• NinoBrown
    replied

Thinking about making the trip from philly to new haven for tomorrow's game against Princeton. Anyone doing anything pre game?

Probably getting a room at new haven hotel, stayed there several times for yale games last year.

The Omni is right downtown in the middle of all of the clubs and eateries. You could walk to the rink from there but it is about a mile. The Omni also charges for parking. The courtyard is about .6 miles from the rink and is on the outskirts of a pretty tough neighborhood. If you walk out the front doors of the courtyard, do NOT walk left up Whalley Ave. I would stay at the Omni, as your choices for bars and eating near your hotel are much better. I like a place called The Anchor for drinks, it would actually help to know your age, as alot of the places downtown are nightclubs. Let me know what time you are getting to town, if you are interested we pre-game at an old Yale haunt called Mory's of which I am a member, great food and a good bar with half price burgers and wings during happy hour. http://www.morys1849.org/

Leave a comment:

• WYBC_Hockey
    replied

Just a reminder that we'll have both games available on WYBC-AM 1340 and WYBC.com this weekend. Pregame coverage starts at 6:45 pm EST!

Leave a comment:

• LTsatch
    replied

What about the student run YouTube broadcast?
    All of the Ivy League schools got together and formed the Ivy League Digital Network (ILDN) for all Ivy League sports. The YouTube broadcasts no longer exist, although the student announcers still are used for the ILDN broadcasts. It's unfortunate that we must pay for something which used to be free and was made possible by a benefactor from this site (YaleDoc), glad QU still does it.

Leave a comment:

• QUAlum2004
    replied
    What about the student run YouTube broadcast?

Leave a comment:

• LTsatch
    replied

Originally posted by YaleDad View Post
    #19 is a go for this weekend!
    Great news Sir!

Leave a comment:

• LTsatch
    replied

Is there an Internet steam for tomorrow's game?
    Ivy League Digital Network $$$$ http://www.ivyleaguedigitalnetwork.c...eague/schedule

Leave a comment:

Working...
X