Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 Frozen Four Ticket Buying Process

Originally posted by fr0zn-4 View Post
    Anyone here a priority 17? If so, tickets went on sale at 10 AM today. Just trying to see what is available for everyone. I am sure it is the normal lower ends and corners and in the balcony. I wonder if club seats are available for any of us?

Mind posting your priority number and what section you bought your tickets in? Good luck to everyone and see you in Philly!
    i'm a 17 and you are correct - only thing in lower bowl was corners to behind nets and upper bowl. section 122. till this new system i always got between the bluelines-****es me off! plus there is pricing difference this year. lower bowl was $230 and upper i believe was $205

Comment

For another data point, my parents are priority 16 (I think- they're somewhere way up there) and got first row upper level seats (214, I think) yesterday morning. Low row upper level is their preference, so they definitely like the pick-your-seats thing. It also gives me better odds of getting seats nearby when I purchase my own seats (priority 11- so I purchase 10/14)... so for us, with a not-consistent-with-computer seat preference combined with trying to locate two purchasers of different priority levels near each other, the new system is a VAST improvement.

ETA: Last year, for Philly, we actually got our seats all in a row. We'll see if we can repeat that, but we're happy to settle for for the same section. We have between 5 and 8 friends/family make the trip in a given year, and it's looking like we'll use all 8 seats we can purchase on priority this year. (Last year we used 5 and sold 3, but that was unusual; we've been using 8 tickets more years than not.)
      Last edited by The Hallucination; 10-03-2013, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Level 15 seats are now available. Like what was said earlier, there are quite a number of good seats available in the lower corners, especially in the higher rows. Which is just what I wanted. Section 104 on the aisle next to 103. Beautiful... !

Comment

Are there usually at least three to four seats together somewhere in the arena for priority 1's?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
            Are there usually at least three to four seats together somewhere in the arena for priority 1's?
            Last year after all priority levels picked (including priority 0's), there were still areas with 4 seats together, but they were in the last couple of rows of the upper bowl.

Comment

Bought mine last night. As a priority 14 I started in the upper level looking for row 1 like we did last year. Best i could do was a few rows back unless we went to the corners. Thing is last few years we tired of looking though netting at one end. Decided to buy low in the corner, section 105 row 4. I will be happy with that, although I am growing tired of price hikes. Getting so that the Caribbean is starting to look more attractive when I add in plane fare and hotel.

Comment

Priority 11, got tickets about six rows back in the upper level. That's acceptable. (I did not check lower-level availability as I was looking for seats near my parents' first-row-upper-level priority-something-big seats.)

Comment

Priority 10s just opened up at 10 am. I didn't dick around too much but did look at a few sections for a pair. There were some seats as low as row 6 in a lower bowl corner that were open for as many as 4 or maybe even 5 seats. Each lower bowl section I looked at had some fairly empty rows in the middle and back of those sections behind the nets and in the corners. I ended up getting straight behind one net in row 18 in the lower bowl next to the pair that gscott13 snagged minutes prior.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Priority 10, just got tickets in 106, row 22, in the isle.

Lots of tickets available, still. More than I expected. Nice that we are able to get our acutal seats right now, and my only suggestion is to make it a little neater when changing sections to look.

Ok, I have a second suggestion- make it more clear the rows and isles- the way the seats are presented, it's rather odd looking, and it's hard to tell when the high numbers are actuall on the isle. Since the secion is a wedge (in the end), the only sure isle seats started with 1.

but it went quickly, which is really nice.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                      Priority 10, just got tickets in 106, row 22, in the isle.
                      Lots of tickets available, still. More than I expected.
                      I'm not necessarily surprised. I would imagine if you were able to see distribution among returning purchasers that there are a lot of people in the top priority level (or two) and then there is a dropoff for a while as you go down the list of priorities, then would probably see a spike again in the low priority levels of people who have been able to get in recently, as the last few years have not been selling out and allowed new people to consistently build up priority points.

I did like that my CC was stored in the system for quick checkout.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I'm level 8 and just ordered my tickets today. Still tons of seats available, both upper and lower decks. Went with Section 205 (End/Corner) row 1.

Comment

Got 3 in the lower corner last night, row 11-priority 5

Last year nothing was in the bottom for 3 when I clicky on the system.
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Told the Wells-Fargo center I would be passing at those prices. My response was an email informing me that there were individual seats in Club Box 2 for $550 ($183/game) with the schematic linked below. It will be fully catered and there is a private bar and lounge for clubs 2&3. As always, please contact me at jhfhockey(at)gmail FMI or to book seats. I need to know by Monday.

Suites 2&3

Out of curiosity I checked stubhub and so far only one set of upper bowl tickets are available (2nd row of 216) for $325. In the lower bowl, end seats will run anywhere from $445-$650 for rows 2-13. Seats in the middle (those wonderful corporate seats) run from $612-$834 for rows 2-6. One set of front row seats behind the net is available for $700.

Comment

I know there's no thread for the question I'm about to ask, but I thought this might be a good place for opinions (my apologies if I'm breaking some sort of forum "etiquette").

Where are Frozen Four fans staying in Philadelphia? The downtown hotels are hiking room rates ($250 - $400/night) and the parking situation in the city is a nightmare from what I've read on hotel and travel sites. Many of the hotels down near the airport are more reasonably priced, but many reviews I've read are far from encouraging. I've read lots about certain neighborhoods and areas (North Philly, Camden, etc.) to stay away from. I know I can't believe everything I read online, but I'm asking for thoughts - something I've missed maybe - regarding reasonable places to stay in Philadelphia.

Any help will be appreciated....
                              Last edited by Hoover; 10-31-2013, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoover View Post
                                I know there's no thread for the question I'm about to ask, but I thought this might be a good place for opinions (my apologies if I'm breaking some sort of forum "etiquette").

Where are Frozen Four fans staying in Philadelphia? The downtown hotels are hiking room rates ($250 - $400/night) and the parking situation in the city is a nightmare from what I've read on hotel and travel sites. Many of the hotels down near the airport are more reasonably priced, but many reviews I've read are far from encouraging. I've read lots about certain neighborhoods and areas (North Philly, Camden, etc.) to stay away from. I know I can't believe everything I read online, but I'm asking for thoughts - something I've missed maybe - regarding reasonable places to stay in Philadelphia.

Any help will be appreciated....
                                I have not stayed in Philly before, but if you are looking for a good rate, the airport hotels seem to be keeping themselves fairly reasonable. I am staying at the Hampton Inn at the airport. I searched through Priceline but got a better deal on the hotel website which allows me to pay when I stay, as opposed to paying now and letting them hold my money for 8 months. I can also cancel pretty easily in the unlikely event I find a better deal. I do know that if you stay across the river be prepared for a $5 toll when you cross the bridge. Also, there is one hotel in downtown Philly which has "reasonable" prices, but absolutely horrible reviews. I would definitely check the reviews before you book anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X