This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
    Who would like to see the following happen?

UAA play two exhibition games a year versus the Aces. There are a number of ways this could be done. Current NCAA regulations allow it and NCAA rules would be used ... the Aces wouldn't be forced to wear the college shield or anything like that.

I'd like to see UAA invite the Aces to the Kendall Classic where they could play UA_ and UAA. This could be repeated the next weekend in Fairbanks perhaps. Or UAA could easily find a night in December to play a single game against the Aces on their home ice? This might be a wee bit early for the Aces to be ready though? I'm unsure.

Or there could just be a two game series at the Sullivan. First night is Aces home game. Second night is UAA home game. Schedule it in December. You could make both games for charity if you wanted. It's a sure fire win for the hockey community as a whole.

What reasons could there be for not doing this?
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
      There is if they would have had to de-ice again.

GFM
      Well they wouldn't have de-iced if they hadn't pulled away from the gate. You have to push back before you de-ice. And I'm willing to bet a large airport like MSP only allows de-icing in specific areas. There's no real reason for them to leave a 25-30 person group like that behind, if the crew was that close to dropping dead (err running out of rest time, sorry ramper term) on a domestic flight they had bigger problems.
      I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        Well they wouldn't have de-iced if they hadn't pulled away from the gate. You have to push back before you de-ice. And I'm willing to bet a large airport like MSP only allows de-icing in specific areas. There's no real reason for them to leave a 25-30 person group like that behind, if the crew was that close to dropping dead (err running out of rest time, sorry ramper term) on a domestic flight they had bigger problems.
        MSP has an automated de-icing system so that wasn't an issue.
        Isn't MSP/ANC an international not domestic trip as far as pay and hours? Not sure.
        Can't fault an Alabama boy for not being up to date on ice. Most of what he sees is most likely in a glass.
        Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 01-07-2014, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
          MSP has an automated de-icing system so that wasn't an issue.
          Isn't MSP/ANC an international not domestic trip as far as pay and hours? Not sure.
          Can't fault an Alabama boy for not being up to date on ice. Most of what he sees is most likely in a glass.
          I wouldn't imagine so for a large airline like Delta that flies like MSP to NRT nonstop.
          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Amongst the myriad of challenges in this situation, does "film" come on the internet or what's the deal?
            Have the purple cows changed playing styles since we last played?

Comment

Amongst the myriad of challenges in this situation, does "film" come on the internet or what's the deal?
              Have the purple cows changed playing styles since we last played?
              I watched them play in _airbanks, and they look about the same to me. Very fast and very aggressive.

I hope our players get home on Thursday as planned, and that their equipment gets home okay as well.
              Originally Posted by aparch
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I received an email from UAA stating the team would be home Thursday evening and the games would go on as planned.

Also, if you know any military, let them know about the "Military Appreciation Offer". For $19.50 they get two game tickets, two hot dogs and two sodas. Offer available on Ticketmast.com. Promo Code: Military.
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  if you know any military, let them know about the "Military Appreciation Offer". For $19.50 they get two game tickets, two hot dogs and two sodas. Offer available on Ticketmast.com. Promo Code: Military.
                  That's a heck of a deal.
                  A couple of years ago we gave 2000 (or was it 3000?) tickets to JBER and got a very good response.
                  When you look at the price of a dog and drink at the Sully this deal is not that far off.
                  Hackett has a new way of looking at things and isn't into giving the product away for free.
                  We'll have to wait and see, however I agree with his strategy, we have a great product to sell and you cheapen it when you give it away for free.
                  Would really like to see a response to this promotion similar to what we got in the past.
                  It's a great day to be a Seawolf!

Comment

This is true, but I do hold an aerospace engineering degree and think about such things.

GFM <— but obviously not well-enough in this case.
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

That's a heck of a deal.
                      A couple of years ago we gave 2000 (or was it 3000?) tickets to JBER and got a very good response.
                      When you look at the price of a dog and drink at the Sully this deal is not that far off.
                      Hackett has a new way of looking at things and isn't into giving the product away for free.
                      We'll have to wait and see, however I agree with his strategy, we have a great product to sell and you cheapen it when you give it away for free.
                      That's true. When Derek Donald was hired a few years ago to get butts in the seats, this was one thing he harped on. Sometimes it works though. If you can get people in the door and they have a positive experience, they may come back. We gave free passes to a family we know, who's son plays hockey ... now they are season ticket holders. We are bringing friends this weekend, I think all of us who are passionate about UAA hockey should try to bring friends to as many games as we can.
                      Last edited by Suze; 01-08-2014, 01:55 PM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

There is no excuse for not holding the airplane for 10 minutes so the team could have made it on!!
                        My guess is the airline had filled most or all of their seats with people who were on stand-by or stranded from other flights.
                        Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Matt baileys shorty made the 1st ever wcha plays of the week on YouTube.
                          Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                            Matt baileys shorty made the 1st ever wcha plays of the week on YouTube.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-s5wpM7830

And Kurt had the call. I'll never get tired of watching that goal!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-s5wpM7830

And Kurt had the call. I'll never get tired of watching that goal!
                              It's a fantastic call: "That's Matt Bailey ladies and gentlemen!"
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Also was #4 on ncaa plays of the week
                                Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Working...
                                X