• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hockey East Summer Predictions

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
    They did? Sure about that?
    Never sure of much when I'm working from memory

Please feel free to educate me (although it probably won't stick!)
    Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
      As far as the top two, Lowell loses its two best defenders from a team that was all about defense
      Lowell lost their best defenseman early, but that was the only D loss they suffered. Also, they finished tied for third in HE offense (with UNH) at 3 GPG.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

UML lost two defensemen, but only one (Ruhwedel) would I put in the category of "top 2."
        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
          UML lost two defensemen, but only one (Ruhwedel) would I put in the category of "top 2."
          Fair enough. I wasn't really counting Lyles, since he barely played last year. And Colin Wright played at forward more than defense pretty much consistently at Lowell.
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

After taking a look at the departures and incoming recruiting classes, I'm a little surprised BC wasn't picked to be number 1 outright. Sure BC lost a bit of scoring with Mullane and Whitney (their 2nd and 4th highest goal scorers and their 2nd and 3rd highest assist scorers), but with the way people are talking about their recruiting class it seems as though these incoming freshman could make a competitive team by themselves. If the new goalie is what he is supposed to be (better than Milner was last year), then they don't really need the rest of the incoming recruits to make an immediate impact (as they already have the 2014 hobey baker winner at forward right) and if the incoming skaters are as advertised then they won't really need Demko to be a brick wall. So unless they have issues with their Freshmen goalie and their forwards, it doesn't seem like they're weak anywhere.

Comment

Claver, I keep forgetting about Notre Dame...................I wonder why?

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                Because of the whole West Coast thing....

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
                  Notre Dame may also have problems with the long travel and the different play style/different refs of Hockey East. This season should be extremely entertaining especially with some new teams at the top of the Hockey East rankings (UML, PC, ND) and this new competition with the Big Ten. The short schedule also means every league game counts a lot more.
                  Your comment on ND is going to be right on...Hockey East seems to be a more physical league when compared to the western leagues in the past. I think ND will be fine but there will be an adjustment period.
                  Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
                    If the new goalie is what he is supposed to be (better than Milner was last year), then they don't really need the rest of the incoming recruits to make an immediate impact (as they already have the 2014 hobey baker winner at forward right)
                    Trust me, these freshmen forwards are going to need to have a large impact on this team to be successful. And they probably will have a big impact. They needed to add some size, some toughness, some speed, and some skill - all of which were lacking at the end of the year. They did all of those with this group, which is big enough to absorb a bust or two and still be a tremendous class. Of course, BC's woes late last year were exacerbated by the Hayes injury and the foolish line combos put together by the Pirate Jerry and company.

Mullane and Whitney are serious losses. Whitney had a very very very good year last season and could be a one-man show at times, which was needed.
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                      just like i'm trying to forget another team will be joining in a couple of years...

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                      Fair enough. I wasn't really counting Lyles, since he barely played last year.
                      *paging hoky*

Comment

Whatever happened with ole malcolm? Where is he playing his pro hockey this year?

Re:BC

phenomenal recruiting class but they're still just rookies. Hard to place concrete expectations for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          Trust me, these freshmen forwards are going to need to have a large impact on this team to be successful. They needed to add some size, some toughness, some speed, and some skill .
                          all of THIS

Comment

Correct answers:

Regular Season Champ: Boston College
                            Tournament Champ: UMass Lowell
                            NCAA tournament teams: PC, BC, UML, UVM, ND
                            Player of the Year: Johnny Gaudreau (BC)
                            Rookie of the Year: Mario Puskarich (UVM)
                            Best Goalie: Connor Hellebuyck (UML)
                            Coach of the Year: Jerry York (BC)
                            Surprise team/Biggest Jump: Northeastern

If I have some time this week, I'll add up the scores and see who had the best predictions.
                            Last edited by Thiessen'sBetter; 03-25-2014, 11:13 AM.
                            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                              Correct answers:

Regular Season Champ: Boston College
                              Tournament Champ: UMass Lowell
                              NCAA tournament teams: PC, BC, UML, UVM, ND
                              Player of the Year: Johnny Gaudreau (BC)
                              Rookie of the Year: Mario Puskarich (UVM)
                              Best Goalie: Connor Hellebuyck (PC)
                              Coach of the Year: Jerry Yor (BC)
                              Surprise team/Biggest Jump: Northeastern

If I have some time this week, I'll add up the scores and see who had the best predictions.
                              As much as I'd LOVE Hellebuyck I think UML may want to keep him.

Comment

Working...
                              X