Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hockey East Summer Predictions

Originally posted by Patman View Post
    Why buy the elephant when you can get the trunk for free?
    I don't know why?
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
      I don't know why?
      To get to the other side.

Wakka wakka!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Speak of Hokydad and he appears!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
          Speak of Hokydad and he appears!

Then perhaps we ought not speak of him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
            Then perhaps we ought not speak of him.
            Speak of who?

Comment

• Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
              lame... c'mon put a little effort into your retorts...
              Truth hurts? Listen, I'd be embarrassed too if my "established" (and please, loosest sense of the word) Hockey East team had been punked by a first year program.

Of course, there were only maybe 4-5 teams actually worse than Vermont in the country last season, so it's to be expected.
              Lowell Forever
              Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                Truth hurts? Listen, I'd be embarrassed too if my "established" (and please, loosest sense of the word) Hockey East team had been punked by a first year program.
                Yeah but that's because you're a pansy.

UVM has has 2-3 terrible seasons in a row now. They lost to PSU. That's a horrendous loss for the program. Does it embarrass me? No. I don't play on the team and I don't coach the team. I have no affiliation with the team other then shelling out an absurd amount of money for season tickets. So no it's not embarrassing, my identity is not defined by the success, or lack thereof, the UVM hockey team enjoys.

That's reserved for the fanboys from BU and BC and the occasional Lowell fan still living in his folks basement...

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                  Yeah but that's because you're a pansy.

UVM has has 2-3 terrible seasons in a row now. They lost to PSU. That's a horrendous loss for the program. Does it embarrass me? No. I don't play on the team and I don't coach the team. I have no affiliation with the team other then shelling out an absurd amount of money for season tickets. So no it's not embarrassing, my identity is not defined by the success, or lack thereof, the UVM hockey team enjoys.

That's reserved for the fanboys from BU and BC and the occasional Lowell fan still living in his folks basement...
                  Remember we also get to see that massive UML Basketball juggernaut this year. The one who had some big wins
                  last year over the likes of Holy Family etc (by 1 point no less) and lost twice to St Michaels. At least we lost to a D1 school
                  that people actually have heard of. UML does play Penn State this year too.
                  New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                    Remember we also get to see that massive UML Basketball juggernaut this year. The one who had some big wins
                    last year over the likes of Holy Family etc (by 1 point no less) and lost twice to St Michaels. At least we lost to a D1 school
                    I normally stay out of this crap ... but what?

So you're already predicting (or setting up the excuse) that Lowell will beat UVM in basketball in their first DI season? Otherwise, what was the point of that? Penn State had a club hockey team prior to starting up in DI. Lowell's been good/mediocre in DII basketball. If you don't see a difference ...?

No one ... and I mean NO ONE ... expects our basketball team to do well this year. If Lowell wins against an established program, **** right the program and it's fans would crow. And that established program just has to sit their and take it sadly, because ... well they're not supposed to lose to a brand new team. You lost to Penn State (and notice, this is the first time I've ever posted about that) ... but I completely didn't understand what the point of your post was?
                    Last edited by UMLFan; 08-27-2013, 06:14 PM.
                    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

i love the UVM / UML bitterness but i've never understood the reason behind it even though it's been explained to me..... carry on!!

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                        i love the UVM / UML bitterness but i've never understood the reason behind it even though it's been explained to me..... carry on!!
                        It's mostly because all of their posters with the exception of maybe 2 (UMLFan being one) are doochebags. That and they used to get all high and mighty every 4 years when they have 26 seniors on their roster and brag and gloat like they're some super powerhouse and tout their moral victories... like beating UVM in a QF series in 2009 when UVM went to the FF and UML stayed in Lowell and smoked crack.

Now, UMLGoon has been MIA since the last cycle of absurd senior class overload fell through and for the most part the team / expectations/ and being arses in general has come down to a realistic level but the animosity remains.
                        They still have Patronick but hes just a poser. He's annoying but he tries to hard, not like UMLGoon who was just a dikc naturally.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                          I expect us to be obliterated frequently... No other expectations there
                          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                          Skating Friar Jersey
                          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

the UML/UVM thing is fun. I need to be more of a jerk on these threads. No one has the same enmity towards PC. Even jcarter is just casually speculating that Gillies might have a bad year...

-Blackadder
                            -Casablanca
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                              the UML/UVM thing is fun. I need to be more of a jerk on these threads. No one has the same enmity towards PC. Even jcarter is just casually speculating that Gillies might have a bad year...
                              Army sucks... oops forgot hes gone... um Efff the Friars!! Your momma Jon !!

Sorry that's the best I could do

Comment

Three Hockey East teams made OverTheBoard's Top 10 Freshman Classes list:

BC #1

BU #5

PC #9
                                Northeastern #10

http://overtheboards.net/college-hoc...ting-rankings/
                                Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                                Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Working...
                                X